Mod ANY Wii to Play over 10000 GAMES over 30 CONSOLES Straight from USB with WiiFlow Rhapsodii Shima

This guide shows you how to mod your Wii set it up with the Cios to play from usb then shows you how to setup Wii flow with rhapsodii Shima theme allowing you to launch over 30 different console ROMs that show on the main screen of Wii flow. This guide also goes over how to setup coverart, transfering Wii games GameCube and Wii store if you have large collections

Sent from my LM-X120 using Tapatalk

Maxpower5544

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No I didn't post any links to ROMs. Google is your friend on that one. Arcade punks is a good place to start too

Coverart and everthing else I do. And the guide is setup so that you can merge any coverart collection with any rom collection using a rename utility for your retro roms

It's really designed for large collections so I go over utilities for remaining GameCube coverart etc creating caches files for wiiflow so it doesn't take 3hrs for the first boot
And Rom folder structure for your SD or USB

The Wii in the video goes from stock Wii too a Wii with a 2tb external drive holding 750ish Wii games 435 wiistore games 554 GameCube and over 10000 retro ROMs over 30 consoles. Running off a smooth looking theme called rhapsodii Shima

WrathofGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this boot Gamecube games? I know a lot of the custom fw couldn't do that in the past so I stuck with Wode Jukebox.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will this also load Gamecube games? I never really did any type of soft modding as they couldn't last time I tried so I just stayed with Wode Jukebox.

Yea not sure about the double post it disappeared. Thx auto mod!

Last edited by WrathofGod,

Maxpower5544

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can this boot Gamecube games? I know a lot of the custom fw couldn't do that in the past so I stuck with Wode Jukebox.

Will this also load Gamecube games? I never really did any type of soft modding as they couldn't last time I tried so I just stayed with Wode Jukebox.

Yea not sure about the double post it disappeared. Thx auto mod!
Yes !!!
I got the complete GC collection running off my usb

Driving_duck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, im probably still gonna use wii.guide or modmii if i want to hack another wii. Video tutorials have a chance of being wrong like i listened to a video tutorial one time and installed a wrong cios that caused bugs.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Maxpower5544

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, im probably still gonna use wii.guide or modmii if i want to hack another wii. Video tutorials have a chance of being wrong like i listened to a video tutorial one time and installed a wrong cios that caused bugs.
Ya true. But look at all the outdated tutorials too.
And they don't go over how to set up the homebrew after. Like if you got 500 GameCube games the the guide tells you to rename each on and make a folder etc which would take hours lol.
Or for boxcovers or ROMs / folder structure generally isnt covered either.

Wether it's written or recorded your still relying on random peaple online defeat the security on your devices. Pretty sketchy either way.

Best of luck tho

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Agreed, ModMii is the best way to mod the Wii, stick with that.

BUT,,,,, I think I'll take a look at how the Rhapsodii Shima Theme looks and try it on one of my Wii's. Looks like fun and I've been meaning to look into it seeing it reminds me of the HyperSpin wheel.

Note about having large drives for use on the Wii - I find Western Digital drives work the best because you can get them up and running in one single partition. I need to update my post in the link below, but my favorite setup is the Western Digital 5TB Black Game Drive with a 512GB SDXC Card. I also usually use a Y-Cable on the drives just in case, but usually it is not necessary, only if your Wii has weak USB ports. The 5TB will fit all US Wii & GameCube titles plus the differing US title versions and a lot of PAL (there are some tiles that were only released as PAL) & JA (can't understand them, but why not) as well.

Links:
WD 5TB Black Game Drive: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNTFHD5/ref=twister_B08L6FPNRV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

PNY 512GB SDXC Card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XJRX01M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

USB Y-Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M0ICG2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=APGYRKZ2WOXS5&psc=1

Maxpower5544

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would just use modmii, video guides are generally a bad idea
See I have the complete opposite opinion. I find giving an application designed to defeat security access (modmii) to my computer and the the device extremely dangerous if your worried out security or harmful files.

Which is also why I use the wil brand exploit that you make yourself on cmd. No foreign servers needed which are run by self-proclaimed hackers.

But that just me, to each there own
Best of luck

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BUT,,,,, I think I'll take a look at how the Rhapsodii Shima Theme looks and try it on one of my Wii's. Looks like fun and I've been meaning to look into it seeing it reminds me of the HyperSpin wheel.

Note about having large drives for use on the Wii - I find Western Digital drives work the best because you can get them up and running in one single partition. I need to update my post in the link below, but my favorite setup is the Western Digital 5TB Black Game Drive with a 512GB SDXC Card. I also usually use a Y-Cable on the drives just in case, but usually it is not necessary, only if your Wii has weak USB ports. The 5TB will fit all US Wii & GameCube titles plus the differing US title versions and a lot of PAL (there are some tiles that were only released as PAL) & JA (can't understand them, but why not) as well.

Links:
WD 5TB Black Game Drive: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNTFHD5/ref=twister_B08L6FPNRV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

PNY 512GB SDXC Card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XJRX01M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

USB Y-Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M0ICG2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=APGYRKZ2WOXS5&psc=1
you sure Wii is compability with 5 TB ? I think it only go up to 4 TB with y cable if im wrong then that it is new!

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See I have the complete opposite opinion. I find giving an application designed to defeat security access (modmii) to my computer and the the device extremely dangerous if your worried out security or harmful files.

Which is also why I use the wil brand exploit that you make yourself on cmd. No foreign servers needed which are run by self-proclaimed hackers.

But that just me, to each there own
Best of luck

I have been using ModMii on Wii's for years with more than 50 modded units using it.

ModMii just calls all of those other programs into a download queue, puts them conveniently into folders and generates an easy to follow installation guide (including videos) to walk you through the process.

I've Never had a problem with ModMii and trust it 100%. I agree though, if you don't trust something you are right to go about it the hard way.

Last edited by ca032769,

Maxpower5544

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Links:

Really? why not the wilbrand method and just installing the basic cisos..
I used modmii and is seems bloated and outdated and didn't setup any ROMs boxcovers. But was good for buggy emunand.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video cause the modding is just the first 6min the rest is showing you how to make use of your Wii with large collections

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sure Wii is compability with 5 TB ? I think it only go up to 4 TB with y cable if im wrong then that it is new!

Look at the link at the bottom of my signature. There are instructions and some pictures showing how to do it.

I personally have a WD 4TB Passport, WD 5TB Black Game Drive, WD 4TB WD MyBook, WD 8TB WD MyBook, WD 10TB WD MyBook sitting on my desk set up for use on the Wii. In the past I have set up for others WD 3TB WD MyBook & WD 6TB WD MyBook drives. All of these drives are set up as 1 single partition and give full access to the drive size. There are some specific ways the drives need to be set up though depending on the size, mostly converting them from GPT to MBR and then getting the correct cluster size for the drive when formatting it to FAT32.

I just did the WD 5TB Black Game Drive last week, so I need to edit my linked post for it. I'll see about giving you a condensed version of how to do it here in this thread later tonight when I get home and can attach pictures.

Last edited by ca032769,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the link at the bottom of my signature. There are instructions and some pictures showing how to do it.

I personally have a WD 4TB Passport, WD 5TB Black Game Drive, WD 4TB WD MyBook, WD 8TB WD MyBook, WD 10TB WD MyBook sitting on my desk set up for use on the Wii. In the past I have set up for others WD 3TB WD MyBook & WD 6TB WD MyBook drives. All of these drives are set up as 1 single partition and give full access to the drive size. There are some specific ways the drives need to be set up though depending on the size, mostly converting them from GPT to MBR and then getting the correct cluster size for the drive when formatting it to FAT32.

I just did the WD 5TB Black Game Drive last week, so I need to edit my linked post for it. I'll see about giving you a condensed version of how to do it here in this thread later tonight when I get home and can attach pictures.
Please do! I have WD 4TB Passport with 585 Gamecube and 478 Wii on it. Also small roms like Nes, SNES, GBA roms are on sd card i want to move all roms to HDD. Thank you if you are going to tutor how to do the 5 TB later.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do! I have WD 4TB Passport with 585 Gamecube and 478 Wii on it. Also small roms like Nes, SNES, GBA roms are on sd card i want to move all roms to HDD. Thank you if you are going to tutor how to do the 5 TB later.

Without any additional pictures I just added the 5TB to the link at the bottom of my signature. So if you want you can take a look over it. All the drive sizes are pretty much the same, but there are a few differences mentioned when formatting or cluster size comes into play. The 4TB Passport has been on there for a while now. The only difference between the 4TB & the 5TB is the cluster size. 32k for 4TB & 64k for 5TB.

I just did a quick scan of my 5TB drive here at work and it has 690 GameCube & 1,805 Wii titles with 455GB still free. I keep all my EmuNAND roms on my 256GB SDXC Card, never got around to moving them over to the USB drive.

Really? why not the wilbrand method and just installing the basic cisos..
I used modmii and is seems bloated and outdated and didn't setup any ROMs boxcovers. But was good for buggy emunand.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video cause the modding is just the first 6min the rest is showing you how to make use of your Wii with large collections

Correct, I haven't yet watched the video. My comment about using ModMii is based on the discussion that had been started before I chimed in and because I feel it is the best way to COMPLETELY mod the Wii.

Otherwise, setting the best way to mod a Wii aside, I am interested in watching the video to see how this theme integrates with the other systems emulators/roms and plan to try it out on one of mine.

Nothing against the overall gist of what happening here, hope it works for everyone that just wants the basics. I just think there's a better more complete way to mod the Wii so you don't run into trouble down the line when something is missing.

!! Thank you for putting this together !!

EDIT: BTW ModMii is completely up to date with its creator @XFlak being still very much engaged.

Last edited by ca032769,

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually they're a bad idea because they become outdated pretty quickly, in this case the wii is like 14 years old so it should be fine.
links die, softwares get updated anyway, better options become available even for old hardware, plus a video guide has little to no troubleshooting advice

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...