GCN Mod a PAL GC to play NTSC games, and will RGB work?

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
I've been searching for a component cable, but they are hard to come by, and cost a lot. So I was thinking about buying a PAL console instead, then mod it to play NTSC games. Will I be able to use an RGB cable for NTSC games? What modchip should I get? Thank you.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I don't own a PAL console to try RGB.
The game compatibility issue, is PAL GC can't use that Japanese language switch. (as you probably know freeloader or modchips don't change console region)

XenoGC is the popular budget modchip. There's various others for extra features.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The game compatibility issue, is PAL GC can't use that Japanese language switch. (as you probably know freeloader or modchips don't change console region)
That's easily solved by having a second memory card though. The main issue issue with Japanese games and its saves on the Gamecube is that you can't store them on the same memory card as one that has PAL/US saves stored on it.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
That's easily solved by having two memory cards though. The main issue issue with Japanese games on the Gamecube is that you can't store their saves on the same memory card as one that has PAL/US saves stored on it.

Yeah the best simple recommendation. Otherwise you have to keep track of which games care.

When Japanese games are played in PAL/US mode, the memory card format actually remains PAL/US. One won't be able to share files with Japanese system owners.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)