Hacking Mocha won't start games anymore

AlfretXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I had to change my sdcard for my wiiu. I backed up my directories but not the rednand partition (,always used rednand).
Now many but not all games won't start. They request updates but they don't find them as it seems.
What's the problem here ?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, you switched from a "well used" emunand to either sysnand or a new emunand?

The issue is simple: since most software on your USB drive was not installed on the currently running copy of the OS, it's lacking the appropriate tickets

AlfretXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Switched to new emunand. There, the games are not installed, clear to me .
But why do about 50 percent of the games still run ? Why is the error message "missing update" and not "ticket missing " or similar? Most important: can I make the games playable again without a new installation?

Ps: emunand seems to be considered as not necessary today. Is it really safe to install to sysnamd? When I set it all up years ago, emunand was most important

Last edited by AlfretXX,

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well... the system is not desinged to give you the error "Ticket missing" because if you obtain games as nintendo intends, that situation would never occur.

As for using redNAND or emunand, no that is not recomended anymore (Since over a year back) as redNAND tends to be unstable. Installing games on sysnand is safe as long as you're only installing games. And to make your games playable on sysnad you could manually add the tickets, but reinstalling would be easier

AlfretXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... the system is not desinged to give you the error "Ticket missing" because if you obtain games as nintendo intends, that situation would never occur.

As for using redNAND or emunand, no that is not recomended anymore (Since over a year back) as redNAND tends to be unstable. Installing games on sysnand is safe as long as you're only installing games. And to make your games playable on sysnad you could manually add the tickets, but reinstalling would be easier[/QUO

Really easier? Please give a link how to manually add the tickets

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have no clue if there even is a guide to do so, as tickets may be stored in a bucket file (several tickets in one file) and I have no clue what the pattern for that is, nor do I know of any guide. So Instead of possibly finding a guide for some adding tickets manually and then actually do a manual ticket install for each and every one of the games that are missing a ticket, and ensuring every manual ticket will be correct... eh I would just reinstall the games.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ps: emunand seems to be considered as not necessary today. Is it really safe to install to sysnamd? When I set it all up years ago, emunand was most important
At no time you could install game backups, emunand was needed or beneficial (if anything, as it was done in the early days = without EEPROM emulation, it would have possibly caused bricks if an update was released and installed on emunand)... there was A LOT of disinformation in the early "brazilian exploit" days, on the order of "wrong region games will brick"

The only good reason for the average user to have an emunand (but not to use it) was that it was the only way to make a(n inaccurate) backup, but now we have better thanks to Hexkyz

AlfretXX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have no clue if there even is a guide to do so, as tickets may be stored in a bucket file (several tickets in one file) and I have no clue what the pattern for that is, nor do I know of any guide. So Instead of possibly finding a guide for some adding tickets manually and then actually do a manual ticket install for each and every one of the games that are missing a ticket, and ensuring every manual ticket will be correct... eh I would just reinstall the games.

I reinstalled some games with Wupstaller , but the games still give the same error as before. I only deleted the games from usb before I installed them again.

Where is the problem ?

To be precise:

1. Installed games using rednand / mocha. Played with no problems.
2. Changed sd, lost my rednand.
3. Some Games won't start anymore;
4. Deleted games from usb
5. New install with wup (not using rednand anymore!)
6. Still the same error

I think the Wii u still tries to start the old installation.

Last edited by AlfretXX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: being lactose intolerant is a sin