Mocha vs Simple Signature Check Patcher vs SigPatcher2SysMenu vs Haxchi Direct

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ScarletDreamz, Oct 10, 2017.

1. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Ok, now... theres a WiiU.. without gamepad.....

I would preffer not to install CBHC, not due the fear of isntalling it, but due the "i move alot between USB and Nand".

Now, i would like to run haxchi, and without gamepad, that it loads something that patch signatures and return me to sysmenu. now.. i do know that haxchi needs the gamepad to be presed A or something in order to load another application, can the config.txt be modified to autolaunch something that do this job?

Something like:

I just want to launch Haxchi with the pro controller, and execute the signature patch, and return me to sysmenu.

What would be better.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    yes, default=SysMenu. you can still load haxchi with a regular controller, you just can't push any buttons to load anything.

3. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    So is there anyway, not using CBHC, to launch Haxchi, patch signatures and return to sysmenu? without pressing ANYTHING once haxchi is launched?

4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Glasgow
    The answer to that is in the reply above your post you also quoted the answer lol. Set the haxchi cfg file to Default=sysmenu when you launch haxchi it will patch signatures and load to sysmenu

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the problem might be the homebrew launcher though. it only works with the gamepad afaik, so there's no way to launch haxchi installer or ftpiu everywhere. I hadn't thought of that. you need the config.txt in the haxchi folder on the root of your sd card with default=sSysMenu in it. however, how do you install that?

Last edited by godreborn, Oct 10, 2017
  6. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    I got a gamepad right now, a friend lend it to me, and i got a week to install everything i need.

Im planning to install haxchi, but dosnt haxchi just boot homebrew launcher? or can i autoboot an autosignature patcher and return to the sys menu, NOT PRESSING A BUTTON after launching haxchi.

7. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    Yes, you can do exactly that by following Marko's instructions:

8. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    You can change what you want it to boot by default in the config.txt file that is included in the Haxchi files before installation.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you should be good then. by default, it launches the homebrew launcher, but you can change that by placing the config.txt in the haxchi folder.

10. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    Wait, so Haxchi is a Signature Patcher? wasnt it only an entrypoint to homebrew? then what its the difference from Haxchi, Mocha and SigPatcher2SysMenu?

11. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it's a sig patcher with default=SysMenu. however, you have an issue with homebrew. the homebrew launcher only responds to touch commands. and, mocha is a different cfw that's pretty much irrelevant now.

12. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    I tough it was only a door to Homebrew launcher, as for homebrew, im not that needed, i would like signature patches msotly to launch retroarch channel, which will allow me to play emulators.
    Yes, installing games will mostly be a pain since i would need to ask for the gamepad each time i need to isntall a game or something, but thats ok.

So, after downloding haxchi, and config displays this:

a=fw.img
    b=sysmenu
    default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

im assuming i would do :
    • default=sysmenu
    Btw, if Haxchi is a Signature Patcher, why would i need and what its Fw.img?

13. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    I remember someone saying that eidintg the meta.xml does the job.
    Im guessing that i needs to be the meta.xml of the game base due to this line:

Code:
    <drc_use type="unsignedInt" length="4">1</drc_use>
    Asking for Gamepad, confirmation frome someone with more knowledge here will be awesome.

Last edited by ScarletDreamz, Oct 10, 2017
  14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the meta.xml displays the game name in different languages. your issue is the homebrew launcher. it requires the gamepad. you can, however, install different homebrew channels. some may require the gamepad though, and you're limited in what exists.

15. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Yes, change default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf to default=sysmenu in haxchi's config file and install/reinstall haxchi and you will be able to have a sigpatched sysnand without having to press any button on the Wii U gamepad or going to the homebrew launcher
    The fw.img part is only useful for devs, as it's not really useful for an end user anymore

Last edited by THEELEMENTKH, Oct 10, 2017
  16. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    To be fair, i will not be using homebrew channel [if not needed], as i only want it to auto launch sysnand back, and just play retroarch using the forwarder channel.

As for this:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-launch-haxchi-and-simple-signature-hack-without-gamepad.459231/
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-method-to-load-fw-img-or-mocha-cfw-without-gamepad.457990/page-3

it says that HAXCHI needs a gamepad, due the virtual console base game asking for it.

So, i need to modify the meta.xml from the base game to not ask for the gamepad, right?

Found this:

17. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    default=sysmenu is right. Then, you just tap the Haxchi icon and it reloads the system menu with signature patches, i.e. CFW. But for me, I can't launch Haxchi without a gamepad, as noragrets above was saying. Trying it with a pro controller will only prompt you to turn on the gamepad. Editing meta.xml is probably the only way, but I can't help you with this, as I've never done it. By the way, fw.img is just the old method to load CFW. It's obsolete, now. Don't worry about it.

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I've never heard of that. the game location is for a specific title too if that even matters. you can get the title id from that title key site in case it needs to be specific.

19. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I'm pretty sure FIX94 made it so CBHC cant be moved or deleted.

20. ScarletDreamz
    OP

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    yes as far as i know, the gamepad limitation is not from haxchi, but from the Base Game.

Indeed, i do know that, will try once im at home, and report back if needed/wanted.

Not sure on this one, but i would prefer to not mess with these things, due to i know that i will eventually try to move the app for X reason, so better avoid it for know, and just edit the game meta.

wicksand420 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted