Homebrew Mocha Fat32 any good?

MrStrawberries

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I'm kind of interested in hacking my Wii U, and I'm wondering if I could use a FAT32 hard drive with a USB splitter that is connected to my Wii and Wii U, with GC, Wii, and Wii U games on it (i really don't wanna buy another hard drive). Would this work with any major downsides? Also, do FAT32 games load directly from the Wii U menu on Mocha FAT32? Thanks!

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's better to purchase a DS game (Brain Age is like $7) and do Haxchi. Then you never have to do the sorry browser exploit again. The browser exploit fails a lot so I would call that a major downside, and in general its just a PITA.

You cannot split a Wii U formatted hard drive it can only be one format and that's Wii U, there is also no way to use Wii U games on Fat32. Fat32 only works on vWii for Wii games so that would require two hard drives. However, you can inject GC and Wii games on the same hard drive as the Wii U formatted hard drive and have them on the same menu with TeconMoon's Wii VC Injector.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

MrStrawberries

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's better to purchase a DS game (Brain Age is like $7) and do Haxchi. Then you never have to do the sorry browser exploit again. The browser exploit fails a lot so I would call that a major downside, and in general its just a PITA.

You cannot split a Wii U formatted hard drive it can only be one format and that's Wii U, there is also no way to use Wii U games on Fat32. Fat32 only works on vWii for Wii games so that would require two hard drives. However, you can inject GC and Wii games on the same hard drive as the Wii U formatted hard drive and have them on the same menu with TeconMoon's Wii VC Injector.

I get that, but I am referring to using the Mocha CFW FAT32 build.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mocha CFW Fat32 was meant to be able to play Loadiine games on usb. Like the above poster said those are slow like some games have 20 minute load times, and some games don't work at all. Again you should just get Haxchi instead of trying to do things your own way but it's your Wii U your call.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?