Mobile version of 'League of Legends' reportedly in the works

lol.jpg
Given the success of the mobile version of popular desktop games like PUBG and Fortnite, it shouldn't come as a surprise for other games to tap into the smartphone gaming audience. According to an exclusive Reuters article, Tencent and Riot Games are working to adapt the hit MOBA game League of Legends for smartphones.

"A mobile version would likely bring in more Asian players, who tend to prefer mobile-based games while Western gamers tend to prefer desktops or consoles for more sophisticated gameplay. Mobile games accounted for 57% of videogame revenue in China in 2018," reads the article.

The report also mentions that the mobile version of the game is unlikely to be launched in 2019.

Given that Reuters did not identify its sources, stating that "details of the project were confidential", this news should be taken with a dose of salt. Nevertheless, it does provide material for an interesting discussion. Do you think a smartphone version of League of Legends would be successful and would you play it on the go?

:arrow: SOURCE

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
I know this doesn't exactly apply, but I want to do this joke anyway.

Honestly, the PR in that video was sooo bad, but I am sure DIM will be a good stand-alone game. They have a LOT to live up to so I am sure the release will be rough but Long term it will probably work out well. I hope anyway.

That said, the current post - LoL mobile, there are already a billion clones out. LoL will need to be TOP NOTCH in order to avoid being cast aside like Pokemon Go was.

Reactions: NoNAND
D

Deleted User

I remember wanting a console port back when I used to play. If Halo Wars can work on a controller, then so can an RTS where you only manage 1 unit. Mouse hurts my hands so much.

Reactions: stitchxd

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game is fine as it is. Been playing it for 5 years and god forbid using characters like Irelia or Riven with a controller or touch controls. (If you're BoxBox you're okay apparently)

If they wanna go through this, it will get messy really quick :/

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"For those moments when you want to be called a pussy ass bitch (and other obscenities) on the go!"
OH MAN WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!
Not a fan of MOBA/MOGA games, and LoL basically solidified it for me.
I don't like saying this but honestly I think this is a good decision they are making, its a smart business oppourtunity.

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shakes my head* I don't know how they can even label League "competitive" Like Warwick, He has an ability that clings himself to your character well also fearing you. Compared to Kalista who was left in a dumpster because she showed skill in play. The difference? You can tell a Scripting Kalista, Something like Warwick jhin? Nah lol

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Given the fact that today's smrtphones pack quite the punch and can handle many demanding titles with ease, this isn't much of an oddity.
Now I gotta inform my best friend about this.
seriously what's all this hate on League of legends.
never played the game before so I'm not familiar with its user base and fanbase. are they toxic?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a bad thing. In fact, I find it interesting that we are moving a little away from traditional mobile games.

As for the game, never played it.

Reactions: NoNAND

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Given the fact that today's smrtphones pack quite the punch and can handle many demanding titles with ease, this isn't much of an oddity.
Now I gotta inform my best friend about this.
seriously what's all this hate on League of legends.
never played the game before so I'm not familiar with its user base and fanbase. are they toxic?
Well, much like every other competitive game, yes. You find salt everywhere. However, I still enjoy the game, especially with friends. And well... /fullmute all when you're fed up with everyone. ez.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Most toxic community ever! Had to mute players left and right, almost every time i started a game.

Last edited by Ninn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...