Mobile title Dr. Mario World launches July 10th

Mario is making his return to phones in Dr. Mario World, which launches on July 10th, for iOS and Android. Dr. Mario World will be a free-to-play mobile title that lets you clear puzzles on your own, or play against friends online in a versus mode. A new trailer from Nintendo also offers a look at some new gameplay footage which teaches viewers how to play the game. For those that want to play as soon as it goes live, you can pre-register for the game, starting today.

:arrow: Source

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh no, this looks exactly like f*cking Candy Crush with all I hate about that game.
For all of you who skipped the last 10 years in mobile gaming:
It's starting easy, getting very difficult while you have a static amount of turns per level but you would want to get all three stars of course.
That's the point where it gets frustrating. To deal with that you can use micro transactions to boost your chances. Yay.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
They completely changed the Dr. Mario formula.
An upside-down puzzle combined with a 3-in-a-row instead of 4-in-a-row with weird stages and an overworld shows me that this game will f##king stink.
Give me Miracle Cure instead.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
*sigh*

Can there PLEASE be a paid version for this one? I like dr. Mario games. I like android as a gaming platform. I'm even willing to pay for it. But what I don't like (okay: loathe) is the "free" model that attempts to cash in the moment you're starting to have fun with a game. :angry:

Reactions: |<roni&g
D

Deleted User

*sigh*

Can there PLEASE be a paid version for this one? I like dr. Mario games. I like android as a gaming platform. I'm even willing to pay for it. But what I don't like (okay: loathe) is the "free" model that attempts to cash in the moment you're starting to have fun with a game. :angry:
I understand your frustration, but the "free" model is the most profitable by far.

Last edited by ,

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really miss the time when low budget games didn't have to generate an unreasonable amount of money for the time and effort the put in.
The urbz on DS and GBA was a fun little game with nice music, interesting characters, a fun story, well written dialogs, a lot of different minigames all with increasing difficulty levels and more depth than you would think with the relationships and needs while still trying to fulfill missions.
It was made by a small team but as soon as the DS came out, they tried to make a sims 2 game for it and it was really shallow and repetitive as they probably had no prior experience with 3d engines and "streamlined" most mechanics so there was mostly nothing left to do.
Now they are part of glu mobile, a pay2win mobile game cancer company to continue making shallow repetitive games.

Last edited by Wuigi,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Oh hey, this looks alright, I might give it a tr--

Untitled.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User