Hacking Mobile Suit Gundam: Senjou no Kizuna translation

SirGouki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am attempting to translate the game in the title. So far, I've been using the texture replacement function in the emulator ppsspp to do so. However, obviously not all the text thats japanese is a texture in the game, but I can not find it in any of the following:

boot.bin : file full of 00 bytes
eboot.bin: no relavent text seemingly
decrypted eboot.bin: ditto

there are two files named regfile, one with .rfb and the other with the .rzp extensions. I suspect that the rzp is some sort of archive, and I can find all kinds of kana if I hex edit it with UTF16LE mode, but I don't see any of the actual text from the game in the file (using search, entering text with the IME in windows). I can already translate some of this text I just have no idea how to replace the stuff in the game with it.

If .rzp is an archive, how does one extract it? Obviously if it is, this is where all the textures are located, and I'm assuming some sort of scripting files. If its not, does anyone have any idea where else I could possibly find the text for the game? the only other files in the game are the updater, and a libfont.prx

thanks for any help

EDIT: missed a couple words in my first statement.

Last edited by SirGouki,

SirGouki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to UMDGen the REGFILE.RZP is not compressed.
the other file actually appears to have file names in it (i.e. wp_eff.tex is the first one at offset 0x000009f1), with what appears to be file sizes after them, but I see no reference to where things would start off (what the first byte of wp_eff.tex would be in the RZP)

If it helps anyone, the .rfb starts with RGF1 then there are a few bytes which look like a massive int array before the words _LDBLK12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?