MOBA-styled 'Pokémon UNITE' launches on Nintendo Switch and mobile devices later this year

pkmn unite.PNG

Pokémon UNITE is an upcoming title set in the Pokémon universe that was announced back in June 2020. While it is being officially described as a "strategic team battle game", it bears similarities to MOBA titles. The game will launch as a free-to-play title on both Nintendo Switch and mobile platforms and today we got some more specific window for the release, as well as a brand-new cinematic trailer with glimpses of the gameplay:

Pokémon UNITE
will launch first on the Nintendo Switch this July and in September for mobile platforms. It will support cross-platform play between Nintendo Switch and mobile devices, allowing players to battle together and against one another.

:arrow: SOURCE

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to talk bad Pokemon games, XYZ is where it starts.

Sega just publishes Shin Megami Tensei and Persona. Seriously. Atlus develops the games along with P Studio and Criware who do the other maintenance and editing. Sega would just, well, harvest the idea and republish Pokemon games where the only new feature is the ability to catch Sonic.
Sega doesn't just publish smt and persona bruh. Atlus is litterally
If you want to talk bad Pokemon games, XYZ is where it starts.

Sega just publishes Shin Megami Tensei and Persona. Seriously. Atlus develops the games along with P Studio and Criware who do the other maintenance and editing. Sega would just, well, harvest the idea and republish Pokemon games where the only new feature is the ability to catch Sonic.
Sega doesn't just publish smt and persona. Atlus is a part of Sega. Using your logic, Sega doesn't make Sonic either. Sonic team does. Sega owns those teams. They also own the team who made Yakuza like a dragon undoubtedly the best turn based game of the year.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Yepp I know. They even thanked the Empire of Japan. If it wasn't for them, they would never won the civil war.
This phrase of yours is offensive. What you said is the same of say that the Jews thanked Hitler just because the State of Israel is a consequence of the war. That Japanese invasion was extremely cruel, not only in China but all across Asia, nobody is thanking for a post war consequence, be in Europe or Asia, people don't thank for being victim of genocide.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This phrase of yours is offensive. What you said is the same of say that the Jews thanked Hitler just because the State of Israel is a consequence of the war. That Japanese invasion was extremely cruel, not only in China but all across Asia, nobody is thanking for a post war consequence, be in Europe or Asia, people don't thank for being victim of genocide.
You need to use Google.

"It is well known in 1972 when Mao Zedong met with Japanese Prime Minister Takuei in Nanjing, he said

“(Japan) doesn’t have to say sorry, you had contributed towards China, why? Because had Imperial Japan did not start the war of invasion, how could we communist became mighty powerful? How could we stage the coup d’état? How could we defeat Chiang Kai Shek? How are we going to pay back you guys? No, we do not want your war reparations!”"

I refer "They" as the CCP...

D

Deleted User

It's always hilarious to see the American view on Corporations.

Amazon workers run around like they belong in a Sweatshop and piss into bottles, but the crickets on Public Outcry.
Because who doesn't want their Same-Day Delivery on the backs of these people and, more importantly, who doesn't want the American Dream of becoming the next Billionaire who pays zero Taxes to the Government and the People they serve.

You can't really hate what you aspire to be.

In China, though, even Alibaba and Tencent have to face the music when it comes to Monopolistic actions which, in turn, has benefits that reach the World.
A far cry from the trolls that shout for people to buy Doge Coin or those that claim their Social Media platforms have nothing to do with Government turmoil, all whilst paying zero Taxes.

But sure, Tencent bad.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Lmaoo top comment from mod literally took my comment xD, but really truthfully this is garbage, this isn't pokemon - just noooooo pokemon is pokemon simple as that then the fact that it's made by tecent your lifes energy in this cash grab is gonna be like 20$ per heart, watch it happen i will be wheezing for the suckers who play this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

too bad someone can't even use google, Sino-Japan war ended 1945
Stereotype China hater spotted, or should I say a racist mod?

Sorry to crash yer dream but in 1944 ur Anime maker nation was still a rapist and a fascist murderer.

I didn't want to tag in buuut....you are really a prejudice hateful person that needs to stop being a zombie to wake up, stop bonering off of communist china please, also please go on to call me a rAzIST person, to further add on; your a hypocrite at best because I am pretty sure you own a possible nintendo product :3 another thing, majority of the great stuff that you might own come from Japan, gotta also understand that Japan, China work together at times but shhhhhhhhhh Japan evil >:v!!!

Last edited by HinaNaru Cutie,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I read "Pokemon MOBA" I thought it was stupid, but actually the idea sounds hilarious, if they do it right. Pokemon really lends itself well to games that can have vast character rosters. They just tend to fuck up and get the wrong developers on board.

Wonder how "free" this game is. How involved is Tencent?

The more involved the better.
I dunno why everyone still lives in the earl 2010s. Tencent has been involved in an extraordinary number of games but the ones they have a larger hand in always lean less P2W, at least in the west. They're surprisingly smart when it comes to business.
But china bad me hate americas enemies so, y'know, retards still parrot the "tencent bad" line.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But other than PC and Amiga ports I don't think Time Soldiers had any game system ports after...