Hacking MML Questions

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone recently bought a MML and had it shipped inside the US?

Just wondering how long it takes via the slower mail option (they say it is in stock immediately). One of the reviews I read said it took a month to get it, but that was back in April when it came out.

Also, have other people been experiencing issues like some reviews said about it fitting tightly and making "clicking" noises?

I've also read that the early revisions don't work w/ EZ cards and the newer ones work fine, has anyone confirmed that? My Passcard 3 doesn't work on my EZ 4 Lite MicroSD, and I don't want to keep buying nopass cards.

Thanks.

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
There's no reason to buy an MML at this point.

Get a Superkey (old) or Passcard 3 (new). Sleep mode works with these models and they're cheaper.

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
The MML is $19.95, which is the cheapest you can get right now afaik. I'm very happy with my MML. It is almost the exact same size as my mario kart DS original, it doesn't fit tight at all. No "clicking" noises either. I just got mine last week so I'm not sure if they've changed them since launch or what.

EDIT* I realized I didn't answer your question at all. I'm in the US and ordered from code junkies and got the MML in 8 days with the cheapest shipping option. If you call them, press 0 to talk to the operator and ask to talk to Customer Service so you can get your UPS tracking number.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason to buy an MML at this point.

Get a Superkey (old) or Passcard 3 (new). Sleep mode works with these models and they're cheaper.

Thanks for the response... I really don't care about sleepmode, and shipping to the US is not cheaper for these models. I already have a Passcard 3, so if I want sleep mode, I have that. I just want this to install Flashme with.

Anyone?

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MML is $19.95, which is the cheapest you can get right now afaik. I'm very happy with my MML. It is almost the exact same size as my mario kart DS original, it doesn't fit tight at all. No "clicking" noises either. I just got mine last week so I'm not sure if they've changed them since launch or what.

How long did shipping take, and what country do you live in? Thanks? (and which shipping option did you choose)?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine was shipped immediately.

It fits in the NDS/Lite slot so tightly that when you try and eject it, it frequently gets stuck. It's a little too thick.

Mine works with the EZ4, but I can't guarantee that there aren't newer revisions.

Verdict: Get the SuperKey (Old Version) from WinSunX, or get a Neo MK4 Mini. Yes, you will have to pay more than you're looking to pay, but it's a small price for compatibility.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It fits in the NDS/Lite slot so tightly that when you try and eject it, it frequently gets stuck. It's a little too thick.

Mine works with the EZ4, but I can't guarantee that there aren't newer revisions.

Verdict: Get the SuperKey (Old Version) from WinSunX, or get a Neo MK4 Mini. Yes, you will have to pay more than you're looking to pay, but it's a small price for compatibility.

Thanks for the response. I know it's not the EZ team's fault for the nopass issues, but it still doesn't make it less of a pain in the ass for EZ customers
frown.gif

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
How long did shipping take, and what country do you live in? Thanks? (and which shipping option did you choose)?

See my above EDIT.

QUOTEIt fits in the NDS/Lite slot so tightly that when you try and eject it, it frequently gets stuck. It's a little too thick.
I just clicked my MML in and out of my DS ten times with no problems. I can't tell the difference between my original DS games.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if ur strictly buying one to put flashme on...dont bother with a 3rd gen passme and just get an ezpass2 from like kicktrading or jandaman..i used my old ezpass2 from my first ds to flash my lite just fine (assuming you have an original ds game to start with).

edit: its 21.95 on jandaman..its backordered on kicktrading for 10.95 and gamersection.ca has it for 12.95

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if ur strictly buying one to put flashme on...dont bother with a 3rd gen passme and just get an ezpass2 from like kicktrading or jandaman..i used my old ezpass2 from my first ds to flash my lite just fine (assuming you have an original ds game to start with).

edit: its 21.95 on jandaman..its backordered on kicktrading for 10.95 and gamersection.ca has it for 12.95

Thanks, gamersection.ca ends up being kind of expensive though:

Sub-Total: $12.95
FedEx Shipping (Ground (3-5 Business Days)): $9.75
Shipping Surcharge(Outside Of Canada): $6.45
Total: $29.15

A MML is $27 shipped.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok..thats so retarded lol the older ones come out to be more expensive than the newer ones?? oh well was worth a try :\

im sure if u email datel..they will answer you (unlike the ez team) and u can simply ask if the ones currently shipping from their own online shop are the newer versions proven to work with the ez4 or if they are still shipping the older ones that do not work with ez4.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok..thats so retarded lol the older ones come out to be more expensive than the newer ones?? oh well was worth a try :\

im sure if u email datel..they will answer you (unlike the ez team) and u can simply ask if the ones currently shipping from their own online shop are the newer versions proven to work with the ez4 or if they are still shipping the older ones that do not work with ez4.

Great minds think alike
smile.gif
I emailed them on Friday and am waiting a response. I don't want to call them since I'm sure the phone reps would have no clue what I'm asking. I agree w/ you about the EZ team though... no way to get support or ask them questions, bleh. Cool hardware/software though.

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
The sucky thing about datel is they never respond to their emails. I emailed them three times since I ordered my MML and they never replied.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Forgot to ask you, when did you order your MML?

Still trying to figure out if the original MMLs didn't work with EZs, or if the new ones don't.
ph34r.gif

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who has bought something from the US codejunkies store know if you are suppose to get an order confirmation email? It's been a couple of hours...

I know I'm taking a risk buying an MML, but I don't want to spend $40 on a Superkey from Winsunx or a neo.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have to say, it's somewhat frustrating that you're knowingly purchasing something that isn't guaranteed to work to save $2USD.
tongue.gif
However..

Yes, they send you an order confirmation e-mail, but not a shipping confirmation. Your credit card will be charged right away.

Tell your experience with the MML in any case, because the one I have works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay