MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,078
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 588
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 645
Last edited by blawar,

bruteX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do i have to use savegame Injection or how am i supposed to find these if searching doesnt work inside the app? I dont wanna scroll hundreds of pages tho.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have added the new packs to the gdrive link that is lost somewhere in this thread.
i have also uploaded 5ymm and 6ymm full packs to tinfoil.io (the others will be uploaded as i get time, 13 packs this month)

(im not ignoring the search issues people are talking about, i just dont know an answer as i never actually used mm-linx myself)

agoramilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all.... MM-Linx is a cool tool, but i notice I have to download each level one at a time. Is there any way to download more than one at a time?

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Added October 2021 courses. didnt see any requests this month so none were grabbed.

Some may notice that my file size is smaller for some of the recent packs.

i realized that my save data had some "bloat in it". when i create a stage, and delete it, remnants of the stage stays in the save file thus bloating up the size. I've deleted my mario maker save to clean it out, so now all new packs going forward will be a little smaller.

Last edited by silvershadow,

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm trying to install the Mario Marker Level downloader "MM-Linx". I can't get it to install. I copied the "MM-LINX.050C91DBD7AE8000.v0.nsp" file into my root of my SD card. Went into Tinfoil and browsed my way over to the file.
Pressed it and picked Install. It installed. Nothing new in my Homebrew Menu, and on my main menu where my games are, there's just a loading icon for one of the thumbnails. And if I go into the Switch system settings to delete the app, it's just listed as "unknown" with no info other than it's size..

With AIO-Switch-Updater, appstore, Goldleaf and a bunch of other homebrew I just extracted their .zip files into my "switch" folder. And they work just fine. Is there a .zip for MM-Linx as well? That I could just extract into my "switch" directory..?

I installed a game from Tinfoil, which was a .nsp file, and it installed perfectly. But MM-Linx just refuses to install. Any ideas?
I updated All in One installer, then updated key-register. Still won't install the .nsp file.

I went into Tinfoil settings and enabled "install from unknown sources" with the Konami-code. Still won't work.
Is this the right file? "MM-LINX.050C91DBD7AE8000.v0.nsp"..? From https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx/ , right?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! This is driving me insane! I've tried multiple ways to install the CFW following different tutorials, I've probably installed it like 10 times now, trying different things, then breaking it and having to install it again.
I've tried Goldleaf and Awoo Installer as well, none of them work.

Do I need an exFAT partition maybe? My SD-card is all FAT32.. Also, if I go into Awoo installer, and Manage Signature Patches, it says they're installed, restarts, and crashes, and I have to install my OS again.

I'm just confused at this moment.. I don't care about it being absolutely perfect, I just want to install MM-Linx, download some levels, play Mario Maker and install a few backups of my games. Doesn't matter if I get banned or whatever, I just need a solution for this.

Last edited by donkeyhigh,

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@silvershadow Do you have a post or a guide teaching how to rip courses then upload to MM-LINX?
Like what's needed to go from a course I downloaded online on SMM2 to then be able to upload it to MM-LINX?

I've been running homebrew on my online SYSNAND for like over a year and haven't had any problems so I think I can do the process if I knew how.

Last edited by bundat,

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing! Unfortunately I am having a couple of issues; I can only view the levels as a list instead of the thumbnails, when I press the minus button, litteraly the only thing that happens is the little animation in the bottom left corner speeds up. My other issue is plus button isnt working for search, I can sort but not search. Im not even sure if that is a feature though, I am just going by the button prompts. I'm using the latest version v8.10 and downloaded it from github. Is the and older nro I can try out?If it mattersa, I am running Atmosphere 1.2.5 on Switch FW v13.2.0.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. I'm not sure it was ever intended to work with Atmosphere as both the search and thumbnail features are broken and not all menu options/settings are visible. Unless you want random levels (due to the inability to search or sort correctly) just use the drive link posted earlier with Checkpoint for injection.

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when injecting these levels, do you keep them in separate folders per each level? What is the most efficient way to take care of this assuming you want to have all of them injected?

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@silvershadow Do you have a post or a guide teaching how to rip courses then upload to MM-LINX?
Like what's needed to go from a course I downloaded online on SMM2 to then be able to upload it to MM-LINX?

I've been running homebrew on my online SYSNAND for like over a year and haven't had any problems so I think I can do the process if I knew how.
Manually download stages to each of the 60 save slots using a certain search criteria in the game (for example, detailed search, easy, past 30 days) when thats done, use jksv with "create zip feature" on. then upload that zip as a "stage" to tinfoil.io and it uploads the whole pack. (on tinfoil.io, just click the last "Choose Files" option to upload the zip. you dont have to put anything in any other the other fields/checkboxes)

delete all 60 stages, rinse and repeat with a different criteria. (for example, the HOT tab, or the Popular courses).

I've uploaded november and december!

Reactions: jajajavier21

jajajavier21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Manually download stages to each of the 60 save slots using a certain search criteria in the game (for example, detailed search, easy, past 30 days) when thats done, use jksv with "create zip feature" on. then upload that zip as a "stage" to tinfoil.io and it uploads the whole pack. (on tinfoil.io, just click the last "Choose Files" option to upload the zip. you dont have to put anything in any other the other fields/checkboxes)

delete all 60 stages, rinse and repeat with a different criteria. (for example, the HOT tab, or the Popular courses).

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, that's a good way to begin the year. You are the best!, happy new year to everyone!!!!

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was told in the shroom kingdom that i could make petitions here, I was wondering if someone could perhaps help me get this world made by rubberross that i cant find anyone for use in this manner, i would apretiate silvershadow or anyone who can help me with this request, the code is below

405 -052-WSF

jajajavier21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

Hey my old friend, please don't forget about us, you are the only source "at least that I know" available that help us to play new levels. Thanks in advance and have a good day!

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey my old friend, please don't forget about us, you are the only source "at least that I know" available that help us to play new levels. Thanks in advance and have a good day!
Lol I'm still around. First born in December. I'm grabbing march stages today, and then I'll upload everything together in one batch.

Reactions: jajajavier21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool