RELEASE MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by blawar, Jul 1, 2019.

1. blawar
    OP

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Not only would the switch hacking scene have heard about battery replacement bricks on newer consoles, the entire legit switch community would have known and raised a huge fit. The fact is, battery replacement does not brick you, and the battery calibration stuff is just not that important. I bet its mostly to do with battery life.

Additionally, if the battery calibration values are just loaded from a PC via a LUT, it should be trivial for you to figure out which parameters are sent, and run it through a large enough collection of prodinfo's to extract the LUT.

2. SciresM

SciresM GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2014
    United States
    The first half makes a good argument, however, I wasn't saying it would brick you, I was saying it could cause hardware damage. If it's really the case that batteries don't suffer from having incorrect voltage parameters written to them, that would surprise me -- but I'm not unwilling to accept it. Really, any documentation at all here rather than anecdote would be much appreciated, because taking risk with user hardware on anecdotal arguments seems unwise to me.

And it's not taking configuration from a lut, I don't think. It's writing what it receives directly. I disagree with your points about the factory tool in general -- it doesn't seem to me at all a vector for recovering info for units that have lost it.

3. DuveltjeDG

DuveltjeDG Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2019
    Netherlands
    What about a new update for MM-LINX or Atmosphere for that matter :grog:

It's truly a nice thing to look at how devs have different opinions.

Let's all go out to a nice café to drink some beer ok?

Last edited by DuveltjeDG, Jul 12, 2019
    kevandkkim and gizmomelb like this.
  4. mendezagus

mendezagus GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
    Sorry to bother you Blawar with a (probably) dumb question but didn´t you say levels can be installed from SD, https, usb, etc? why is a server needed in this case?

The app seems great, i will try it soon.

Last edited by mendezagus, Jul 12, 2019
  5. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    convenience

mendezagus likes this.
  6. gameaholic2k

gameaholic2k Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Can we extract and install the levels from the sysNAND if we're launching it from an emuNAND CFW?

7. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    You're honestly 100% oblivious to how hilariously hypocritical you sound on a regular basis, aren't you?

chaoskagami likes this.
  8. blawar
    OP

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    No, emunand is 100% isolated (or should be).

9. gameaholic2k

gameaholic2k Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Then how do we safely extract online levels?

10. blawar
    OP

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    you could mount the nand with memloader + hacdiskmount, then extract the save with hactoolnet

11. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Is there a way to configure the app to install to the "downloaded courses" section of the game instead of the created levels area?

12. blawar
    OP

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Soon, this is a lot more complicated since nintendo wants me to write some other files too. The other file was reversed, im just being lazy.

13. chaoskagami

chaoskagami G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚

Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    ↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
    ReiNX existed months before the first public stable release of atmosphere. This is an important distinction. It does not in any way predate atmosphere's codebase on github. If you knew what you were doing, it was possible to run atmosphere before ReiNX even existed by compiling it yourself. If you even bothered to check, you'd see that all the code for system modules in ReiNX is in fact based on atmosphere (and it's out of date compared to upstream, as well.)

ReiNX and ReiNAND are not remotely similar. It's like comparing apples and oranges; all the code is different. For that matter, if we were basing legitimacy of a person's claims or software on whether a person developed a 3DS CFW, then my claims would have as much weight as Rei's. But that's not relevant here, because this is about Switch CFWs.

I'm also curious what these so-called issues are; you can't say something has issues without naming said issues. That's disingenuous. It's a fact that ReiNX is based on atmosphere's core, and it's also a fact that atmosphere's code predates ReiNX.

And I disagree with your bullshit about SciresM. He's maintaining atmosphere like any open-source project should be maintained - code quality first, features second. I for one, greatly respect his work in keeping atmosphere from turning into a pile of hacks. If you have a problem with that, you evidently don't understand the positives behind managing it like so (and honestly, the documentation for atmosphere is really good.)

Last edited by chaoskagami, Jul 13, 2019
  14. Goffrier

Goffrier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    unrelated but tinfoil 1.70 is out and it can install firmwares nsp's

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

that feature has been tested

gizmomelb likes this.
  15. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    now if only sx installer would get an update since i like to install from usbhdd :-/

[​IMG]
    time to test

Last edited by Mthodmn101, Jul 13, 2019
  16. Goffrier

Goffrier GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    you can install from usbhdd with tinfoil too

17. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    i have 1.62 currently on my switch and it doesnt show usbhdd as an available protocol

18. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    with the in-depth devs conversations I always like a group of titans have just wandered through and the rest of us realise what lowly plebs we are.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

then download version 1.70

Dichotomy754 likes this.
  19. Y0sh1

Y0sh1 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2017
    Ireland
    I'm waiting for this "soon" :)

20. werker

werker Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2008