Hacking MLTHaKu! Install Henkaku with SD2Vita without Memory Card!

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logo.png

I just asked a question about if it was possible o install Henkaku without a memory card, and for my surprise doing a little google search, i found MLTHaKu!

MLTHaKu Installs directly to ur0: and change molecular shell for vita shell!
It has several other options for you to try!

Here is some info:

Information

Welcome to the main repository where MLTHaKu is hosted.

Characteristics

It facilitates the process and installs the gamesd plugin for the sd2vita permanently in the PS Vita.
Replaces MolecularShell with VitaShell and installs Vita Homebrew Browser and installer for "Henkaku Ensō"
No longer requires an official memory for the normal use of the PS Vita as the installation of MLTHaKu

Requeriments

1. Playstation Vita with firmware 3.60 installed
  2. SD2VITA with memory previously formatted in exFAT
  3. The SDFiles.zip file

Instructions for PS Vita without having previously installed Henkaku or SD2Vita

• Insert the Micro SD in the pc and extract the contents of the file "SDFiles.zip" (only if the memory is clean and does not contain any file of the PS Vita)
  • We removed the official memory of the PS Vita with the console off and inserted the SD2Vita with the Micro SD
  • We turn on the console, open the browser and go to the following link "http://mlthaku.tk".
  • When the process is finished, we open the "Henkaku ensō" installer and install "Henkaku Ensō" (if you had it installed, reinstall it).
  • When the vita is restarted, the SD2Vita will be permanently mounted.
PS Vita with Henkaku or Henkaku was previously installed without SD2Vita previously installed

• Insert the Micro SD in the pc and extract in it the contents of the file "SDFiles.zip"
  • With the console on and Henkaku / Henkaku loaded, we open VitaShell or MolecularShell, we go to ur0 delete the folder "Tai" and turn off the console.
  • We removed the official memory of the PS Vita with the console off and inserted the SD2Vita with the Micro SD.
  • We turn on the console, open the browser and go to the following link "http://mlthaku.tk".
  • When the process finishes, we open the installer of "Henkaku ensō" and install "Henkaku Ensō" (if you had it previously installed, reinstall it).
PS Vita with Henkakuo Henkaku previously installed with SD2Vita previously installed

• With the console on and Henkaku / Henkaku loaded, we open VitaShell or MolecularShell, we go to ur0 delete the folder "Tai" and turn off the console.
  • We removed the official memory of the PS Vita with the console off and inserted the SD2Vita with the Micro SD.
  • When the process finishes, we open the installer of "Henkaku ensō" and install "Henkaku Ensō" (if you had it previously installed, reinstall it).
Sources

Coming soon, when there is a clean code will release the sources.

Changelog

MLTHaKu R1 Beta

First public version.

Members

MiraLaTijera - MLTHaKu Developer
Darkmet98 - Betatester, maintainer of Github and the web.

Thanks

Team Molecule and Yifanlu by Henkaku, TaiHen and Henkaku Ensō.
Xyzz by SD2Vita and the GameSD plugin.
TheFloW by VitaShell.
Devnoname120 and rinnegatamante by Vita Homebrew Browser and VitaDB.
Draqen by test.

MLTHaKu 2017

You can read more at the official website, keep in mind that the website its on Spanish:
https://github.com/MLTHaKu/MLTHaKu/

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
i love how the internet works.

ask something.
search google for your question.
find something that the scene doesn't even know about.
post your find.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love how the internet works.

ask something.
search google for your question.
find something that the scene doesn't even know about.
post your find.
The thing is, i asked it, and later i google search for it, strangely enough the post was made 43 minutes before my questions, and i found it on a subredit.

Thats why it did not appears yesterday or today sooner when looking for it~

Reactions: Flame

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a testament to google searches. :)
i DID search it before asking, yesterday, you can find my thread about it here, Still, it seem it did not indexed until 20 minutes or so later, again, that's why it did not appeared on the results of the search.

Also, its on Spanish, thats why also it did not match, till someone mentioned on reddit. but o wells, here it is..

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i DID search it before asking, yesterday, you can find my thread about it here, Still, it seem it did not indexed until 20 minutes or so later, again, that's why it did not appeared on the results of the search.

Also, its on Spanish, thats why also it did not match, till someone mentioned on reddit. but o wells, here it is..

I posted a link to this post on here: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/install-sd2vita-w-out-memory-card-mlthaku.14691/

I hope u don't mind. :) posting news isn't my strong suit, and I wasn't going to take your article and post it as my own, so I just linked to it.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great job! this is the definitive cure for the HOT USBSTICK, I've been using two marble coasters as heat sinks on top and bottom of vita...................definitely going to grab this.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wow, I was just about to buy a 3.51 vita and a memory card! this saves wasting money on a stupid sony card!
Well, 4 GB cards (over 4x more than you needed for henkaku+vitashell+enso installer+sd2vita installer before this kit) are comparatively cheap :)

Jarmenti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, 4 GB cards (over 4x more than you needed for henkaku+vitashell+enso installer+sd2vita installer before this kit) are comparatively cheap :)

cheap compared to what? lol far more expensive than any comparably sized SD cards! Sony improved upon every aspect of the psp except for pulling the same bs with proprietary overpriced storage cards!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cheap compared to what? lol far more expensive than any comparably sized SD cards! Sony improved upon every aspect of the psp except for pulling the same bs with proprietary overpriced storage cards!
More bang for your buck than a brand new 2 GB microSD (7 €) as of last year, actually :P

Nightopian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
My 1000 Vita already had ENSO, and my mmc had broken. Now I don't know how to delete tai folder in ur0.
How can I proceed ?

Blassstt

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I would like to point out that for those who have a PS Vita 1K with 3.60 and tried to install Henkaku without a memory stick, you will have to restore the PS Vita 1K because you won't be able to have molecule shell to delete the tai folder. The only way to delete it is to restore. Once that's done, you can follow the instructions as if you never had Henkaku installed.

Nightopian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I would like to point out that for those who have a PS Vita 1K with 3.60 and tried to install Henkaku without a memory stick, you will have to restore the PS Vita 1K because you won't be able to have molecule shell to delete the tai folder. The only way to delete it is to restore. Once that's done, you can follow the instructions as if you never had Henkaku installed.
Thank you very much, can you give me a link to a restore tutorial ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1