Hacking MLTHaKu! Install Henkaku with SD2Vita without Memory Card!

ToxicPotato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Failed to copy some content." -- looks like a memcard issue. Format it and redo again.
Tried again with a few different formats after writing zzBlank - default, 32, 64, and 128kb memory chunk sizes, all in exFAT - but no luck (128GB card, by the by). Not too sure what the issue could be, tested to make sure the SD card is legit and it does seem to be. It seems to be creating the directories necessary, but not creating any files. Appreciate the guidance.
Got it all working, thanks again.

Last edited by ToxicPotato,

RealYoti

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Reactions: ToxicPotato

grandgroove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HEADS UP: The Mlthaku.tl domain had its registration lapse on 25 Aug 2020. It then just had a genertic placeholder. See below:"
kj9ygueih5j51.png

uBlock Origin (in Chrome) is detecting a few sites when going to the URL.

App source is available via GitHub. I was - literally - trying to use the site the moment it happened. Bought a memory card from a local Gamestop, and I was good to go.

At any rate, just FYI. Thanks!

Reactions: nowhereman87

gibtwg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HENkaku with integrated gamesd plugin.
1) Prepare and put in your SD2VITA
2) Go to and do a force install (hold R)
3) Check your memory card in Vita settings
4) Go to the web site again TWO TIMES IN A ROW to install molecularShell (if you have any issues try hold R again)

Is this exploit still working? Is it offline?

KyraAltair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello masters

i need some help to get my Vita back to functional as before

it's about 2 years++ i don't use my Vita since i already have Switch and now i decide to sell my Vita

my Micro SD for Vita was used for my Switch, and when i used it with my Vita files backup it won't run like before (figured several issues later on since i forgot lot of thigs abous Vita hack for last 2 years)

my 1st issue, my Vita already installed with Henkaku, probably from Mlthaku.tk since i don't have any Sony Memory Card to install it before

my 2nd issue is, when i brought back Vita to life (charged and turn on i mean), it doesn't have Molecularshell or Vitashell, it prompted me to set date etc etc instead like a brand new Vita (only with Henkaku installed)

already reformat my Micro SD to be compatible with SD2Vita to ExFat and use zzBlank.img

tried reinstall from henkaku.xyz, but it said skipped molecularshell installation since memory card not detected, pressing R only reinstall Henkaku, but still no Molecularshell

tried open mlthaku.tk website and it's content isn't relevant anymore

please help how am i supposed to install Mollecularshell and Vitashell with only SD2Vita?

xXSoulGeoXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
hello masters

i need some help to get my Vita back to functional as before

it's about 2 years++ i don't use my Vita since i already have Switch and now i decide to sell my Vita

my Micro SD for Vita was used for my Switch, and when i used it with my Vita files backup it won't run like before (figured several issues later on since i forgot lot of thigs abous Vita hack for last 2 years)

my 1st issue, my Vita already installed with Henkaku, probably from Mlthaku.tk since i don't have any Sony Memory Card to install it before

my 2nd issue is, when i brought back Vita to life (charged and turn on i mean), it doesn't have Molecularshell or Vitashell, it prompted me to set date etc etc instead like a brand new Vita (only with Henkaku installed)

already reformat my Micro SD to be compatible with SD2Vita to ExFat and use zzBlank.img

tried reinstall from henkaku.xyz, but it said skipped molecularshell installation since memory card not detected, pressing R only reinstall Henkaku, but still no Molecularshell

tried open mlthaku.tk website and it's content isn't relevant anymore

please help how am i supposed to install Mollecularshell and Vitashell with only SD2Vita?

You could just install everything from scratch using the Vita Guide
https://hacks.guide

Pretty much the process is even faster compared to previous years
had to reinstall mine from scratch because I somehow ended with my Vita Memory Card being stuck on FW 6.73
While my Enso installation and Vita was on 6.35 ( which then left me with my Vita asking to reformat my Memory Card everytime the system recognized it )

Calum122

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dt125r.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*-Corrupt the sd card with zzimage.
*-Format the Microsd card.
*-Insert the card into the SD2Vita.
*-Launch mlthaku.
*-the led of the cardtridge slot should start blinking.
*-install MLTHaku.
*-Notice that the SD2Vita is loaded as Ux0.
I bought a brand new San Disk micro SD card, so I skipped the `zzimage` step and was scratching my head why it doesn't work.

What I'd love to know...why is this step required?

Why do we need to DD a load of zeros to a brand new SD card?

Does anyone know, just to cure my curiousity.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a brand new San Disk micro SD card, so I skipped the `zzimage` step and was scratching my head why it doesn't work.

What I'd love to know...why is this step required?

Why do we need to DD a load of zeros to a brand new SD card?

Does anyone know, just to cure my curiousity.
Iirc, it's to delete the partition table.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: andreiarturo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.