MLTHaKu! Install Henkaku with SD2Vita without Memory Card!

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by ScarletDreamz, Aug 26, 2017.

1. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    So can I use this then install haku enso without a memory card or does this just work with haku non enso?

2. facundoj

facundoj Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2017
    Argentina
    Yes you can install henkaku enso.

gamemasteru03 likes this.
  3. TheFedex

TheFedex Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Italy
    This method works on 3.68?

4. facundoj

facundoj Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2017
    Argentina
    No, you need to use h-encore if you have 3.68. Here's a guide: https://vita.hacks.guide/installing-h-encore
    Remember that this exploit does not allow you to run enso. That means you have to reapply the exploit every time you reboot your vita. If you have a ps vita 1000 (fat) you also need a memory card.

cvskid likes this.
  5. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Brazil

Works on 3.65? There's a way to hack a 3.65 vita phat without a sony memory card?

Last edited by TamarindoJuice, Aug 11, 2018
  6. eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret fnerrrrrrrrrr!

Sep 27, 2017
    United States
    Neat find, but it would only work on a 2000 model. Be pretty neat if there was something to do the same with a 1000.

7. ScarletDreamz
    OP

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    When i found this, i did it on 3 ps vita 1000 without issues.

8. TamarindoJuice

TamarindoJuice GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    Brazil
    Any trick to use it while on 3.65?

9. facundoj

facundoj Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2017
    Argentina
    H-encore works on 3.65 and 3.68. If you are on 3.65 you can install enso too. However, if you have a Ps vita 1000 (fat model) you need a memory card.

10. FujiwaraX87

FujiwaraX87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2018
    United States
    Hello! I'm brand new to this site and this is my first post!

I'm rather new to the Vita Homebrew scene, and I have a model 1000 Vita running 3.60 without a proprietary memory card. I also have an sd2vita (version 3.00) that I'd like to set up with a properly formatted SD card.

From what I understand, I need to access ur0:/tai/config.txt. However, from what I've read I'd need to use Vitashell or something similar in order to get to it. Since I don't have a memory card it seems I can't install it.

I've searched everywhere and found no solution. Would I have to buy a memory card just so I can install Vitashell in order to set up sd2vita?

I'd rather not spend the money if I'd end up using it just for this...

11. Treflex

Treflex GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    New Jersey, USA
    EDIT:
    So, I follow these instructions. I have my sd2vita 5.0 with formatted micro sd card inside the vita. I can get the mlthaku installer to at least load by going to http://mlthaku.tk. It runs, I press start, it downloads and unpacks some files, but I see no new bubbles on home screen. The light next to sd2vita does not light up. I do see Henkaku Settings in my settings, but no molecular shell bubble or enso installer. Any idea what to do? I don't have an official Sony mem card.

But is there any downside to using this method to hack my vita vs the method outlined in the ultimate noob hacking guide?

I see that it uses a different URL than regular henkaku, and have read that the source is unpublished, what are the possible dangers of using this? bricking? spontaneous combustion? :P

Last edited by Treflex, Sep 12, 2018
  12. facundoj

facundoj Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2017
    Argentina
    Hi! Sorry for the late answer, it's been some time since I was into the vita scene. I was able to install Vitashell without a memory card, here's the video I watched: . It's on spanish but maybe you can understand something with translated subtitles. Even if you don't, you just have to follow the steps showed.

There's no risk with this method, I used it and it works ok. I don't know about your problem, maybe you should tried resetting and formatting everything, before doing the proccess again. I recommend you to watch the video I shared above to see if you are skipping or making a mistake on some step. You can also read this guide: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ml...tallation-on-henkaku-w-out-memory-card.14691/ . I hope this helps you :)

FujiwaraX87 and cvskid like this.
  13. rulevoid

rulevoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2019
    United States
    I can't seem to find the sdfiles located anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

14. rulevoid

rulevoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2019
    United States
    Dupe

Last edited by rulevoid, Oct 16, 2019
  15. rulevoid

rulevoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2019
    United States
    Dupe

Last edited by rulevoid, Oct 16, 2019
  16. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    If you're using MLTHaKu, you shouldn't need any as I recall, but it's been awhile since I've used it. I just had to prep the card for use with sd2vita, the rest was handled by the exploit and it pulled everything it needed.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted