MKWii June Competition...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by R2DJ, Jun 2, 2008.

Jun 2, 2008

MKWii June Competition... by R2DJ at 6:37 PM (1,089 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    OK so after days of not playing the Wii, I put it back on and I played Mario Kart Wii. I found out that there is a new competition. I checked out the rankings while I was hoovering. Then I saw the continental and world champs have a record of 13 secs.. Now that just shocked me so I thought "let's have a go and see why".

Well, the result turned out to be the usual...I'm way behind that record. I only did 26 secs. My tactic works well but I'm figuring out another way to do it quicker.

Anyone digging the competition???

My tactic

2. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just given it a quick go, I'm crap at it... 13 seconds? impressive.

Not a patch on the other two competitions though in my opinion...

3. link459

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    13 seconds? In what?

4. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom

5. Dylaan

Member Dylaan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I only got like 30ish seconds... [​IMG] Anyone else think it's pretty cool they've got all these hidden things in the game that we'll probably only discover through waiting it out? Can you unlock that level for use in battle or is it event only?

6. tredes

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i just had a shot...13 seconds?? is that too kill all 4 of the robot things??? if so thats crazy...my top so far is 54 seconds...ahahaha only had a few shots tho...

7. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah I know - although I have had just done an hour on it and got my best down to 18.6 seconds... doubt I'll top that though, not sure how 13 is possible...?

My tactic - pile in towards the middle grabbing the first mushrooms, fire off all 3 in a row to knock the first guy off.
    Then reverse turning to the right, getting another 3 mushrooms - straighten up towards the middle and use these 3 on the next guy, smashing him off soon as he appears.
    Reverse again at an angle to the right, grabbing more mushrooms - keep reversing and if you're lucky the 2 next robots should fly in front of you, try and smash these two off with only 3 mushrooms as they should be pretty near the edge...

That got me 18.6 seconds.. might be a quicker way be dodging the first 2 robots to get them near the edge and so only using one power up block? dunno.

8. tredes

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    omg thats crazy...ahahahaah i might have another play with it today..when i get bored and see if i can work and strategy out...doubt it tho...13 seconds seems impossible..but we'll see..