MK8D on the wii u (no cemu)

kr1v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there, my first post here.

On cemu, you have a graphics pack that changes everything to be MK8D, but i cant seem to find a good tutorial that does this.
I found that in my pack it has a content folder and an 'aoc' folder and i figured that aoc are the courses but then i cant pack em. i also saw a video that did it but it was super unclear.

In short, i want MK8D on the wii u

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, my first post here.

On cemu, you have a graphics pack that changes everything to be MK8D, but i cant seem to find a good tutorial that does this.
I found that in my pack it has a content folder and an 'aoc' folder and i figured that aoc are the courses but then i cant pack em. i also saw a video that did it but it was super unclear.

In short, i want MK8D on the wii u
They're probably intended for sdcafiine.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm unclear on what you have and what you want to achieve!

A graphics pack cannot make the textures any better on wii u due to the limitations of the display and they are the same gfx anyway. Your pc and cemu can upgrade the image but your wii u cannot.

When u say you want mk8d on wii u, the only way to acheive this (safely) is through sdcafiine and adding the battle courses as a separate mod folder to be chosen at start up. Note that these courses are not added to the game, simply overwrite existing courses. Also note that there is no way to add double item boxes or additional boost or any other switch related add ons just incase your not aware.

'Aoc' refers to the dlc courses and the content you have will be placed inside these folders to override the original files when loaded in game. Characters can also be added in the same way as described above but can be added with multiple mods such as karts, courses ect ect.

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

kr1v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm unclear on what you have and what you want to achieve!

A graphics pack cannot make the textures any better on wii u due to the limitations of the display and they are the same gfx anyway. Your pc and cemu can upgrade the image but your wii u cannot.

When u say you want mk8d on wii u, the only way to acheive this (safely) is through sdcafiine and adding the battle courses as a separate mod folder to be chosen at start up. Note that these courses are not added to the game, simply overwrite existing courses. Also note that there is no way to add double item boxes or additional boost or any other switch related add ons just incase your not aware.

'Aoc' refers to the dlc courses and the content you have will be placed inside these folders to override the original files when loaded in game. Characters can also be added in the same way as described above but can be added with multiple mods such as karts, courses ect ect.
The sdcafiine is kinda glitchy and I can't get it to work with digital copy of mk8. I tried to add the folders to this but they are too large, maybe I can send them a different way? In the folder there's CONSOLE and Cemu I did the things with cemu and it worked, but not with Console on the wii u. I even went as far as manually copying the files to the unpacked game folder but then I can install them back

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have a modded console and are using mods... Glitches are part of the deal!

Unfortunately most mods come with a lot of trial and error. My advice is to start small, add a few karts or courses 1st and then add more but the warning always is.... Too many can cause problems and some straight up don't work so you have to pick and choose carefully I'm afraid as lots of mods and one faulty one.... Fuck trying to find it!!!

I have plenty of mods in my mk8 and i have it installed to usb so there's no problems with a disc or digital copy however I added them mostly individually over time. I prefer to use sdcafiine as it's safer to test a mod before overwriting it via ftp if you want a perma mod.

When you say it's too big, is your sd card too small? If you need any help, post a pic of the what you have and I can help point you in the right direction.

kr1v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You have a modded console and are using mods... Glitches are part of the deal!

Unfortunately most mods come with a lot of trial and error. My advice is to start small, add a few karts or courses 1st and then add more but the warning always is.... Too many can cause problems and some straight up don't work so you have to pick and choose carefully I'm afraid as lots of mods and one faulty one.... Fuck trying to find it!!!

I have plenty of mods in my mk8 and i have it installed to usb so there's no problems with a disc or digital copy however I added them mostly individually over time. I prefer to use sdcafiine as it's safer to test a mod before overwriting it via ftp if you want a perma mod.

When you say it's too big, is your sd card too small? If you need any help, post a pic of the what you have and I can help point you in the right direction.
I mean its too big for this server but i can try to send it on discord.

and the y-cable is coming today! sdcafiine might work on that but i got digital so i dont know if it works every tutorial i saw used disk.

https://gamebanana.com/tuts/12342 im now trying this :D

Last edited by kr1v,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the exact tutorial I used a few years ago!! After youve done it once you'll never forget the process.

On a side note, i have my within my mk8 title id folder the default content folder with my main mod pack and other folders such as "Battle Courses" and this can be chosen from a list when you start the game.

kr1v

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's the exact tutorial I used a few years ago!! After youve done it once you'll never forget the process.

On a side note, i have my within my mk8 title id folder the default content folder with my main mod pack and other folders such as "Battle Courses" and this can be chosen from a list when you start the game.
I did it! only the battle courses do not exist! ill add them today

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.