OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MK6 / R6-Gold and R6-Silver Beta 0.91
SDHC support and more function(?)
mkr6.gif

An update for NeoFlash's MK6, R6-Gold, and R6-Silver cards which adds support for SDHC MicroSD cards and something referred to as "more function". Download and installation instructions below.

[title:How to install]How to upgrade :
[1] rename the "R6_Upgrade-0007-selfburn.nds" to "_boot_ds.nds", put it to slot-1 or slot-2 device and run it;
[2] when you see screen show "Install bootstarp" , then insert your MK6/R6 ,press A to continue;
[3] after it finish,re-power on, then you will see the new loader menu.

* If your old MK6 can't be upgrade, please wait our next release.

------------------------------------

How to run from MK6 save cart + NEO2/3
[1] enter "for SLOT-2 (MK6 save cart & NEO3)" this folder,copy all 3 files to your TF (SD), and insert to your NEO2/3;
[2] then power on NDS,you will see the loader menu, now you can use A,B,X,Y to select the save type or motion, then use "UP" to load R6 TF slot, or use "DOWN" to boot the SLOT-2 GBA slot.
Tips: when you enter the NDS health screen,please make sure the GBA SLOT was detect already,if you can see NDS detect GBA slot,then it will make menu hang when you press "DOWN".

How to run from R6
* we will release the R6 new menu after 1 week.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't jump to conclusions. The hardware support for SDHC may have already been in the RK6/etc, but they just didn't have the software ready to read from it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For everyone that is hoping for an SDHC upgrade for R4:

R6_2008_3.JPG

It says that now it supports SDHC because it's also for the new versions of R6 (R6 2008) that support SDHC.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question: from reading the Gold cart's label, I notice they put "X axis, Y axis, Z axis" on it...what the hell is that supposed to mean? I don't see what it has to do with a flashcart, or is it just there for some lame attempt at a "cool" factor?

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question: from reading the Gold cart's label, I notice they put "X axis, Y axis, Z axis" on it...what the hell is that supposed to mean? I don't see what it has to do with a flashcart, or is it just there for some lame attempt at a "cool" factor?

It has a built in accelerometer.

QUOTEI...wasn't aware that these things were even released yet. I don't actually think they are...so why the loader update?
They have been released.

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So SDHC support can be added... this gives more hope for us R4 users.

This mean R4 can have SDHC feature, it's just a question of software !
No, this is totally different. On this cart you put put the firmware on the microsd card, boot up, and press A to write the firmware into the hardware. This means the actual hardware is upgradeable, while the r4s isn't.
It's for a new hardware, like I explained some posts before. I don't even think upgradeable hardware exists
laugh.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The R6gold/silver are becoming available now(ish) so the hcsd support is probably a hardware thing. The software is released for those who have it already (testers and maybe reviewers?).
The R6 has on board flash to store the firmware, and micro sd card for roms/media. The Gold version comes with accelerometer so you can add motion controls to any homebrew games you code, there are already quite a few motion controlled games about if you look for them. Also the cards use hardware saves, not sure if this is better or not, but I assume it might be quicker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1