Hacking MK5 firmware 1.43 and Soft Reset

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
I was gonna wait to see if DS Linker's is any better. But I caved.... my card's formatting at the moment. I'll let you know how it is in a while.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I just tried it out, and it does work.

Just when you select a game, select the save type named Auto. Then when you're in a game, just hit L+R+A+B+X+Y, and it resets right back to the menu.

I can't believe the clones finally got this feature.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
How has everyone found soft reset? It's pretty handy.

This is what I've found so far:

I'm mainly playing homebrew and emulators at the moment, which soft reset doesn't work with.

It's locked up once on Ouendan 1 and once on Tetris when I've tried to soft reset.

It doesn't work on Zelda. Doesn't lock up or anything, just doesn't do anything.

When you reset the browser (and I guess while you're on wifi in general) the LED keeps blinking until you start a new game.

So overall, it's pretty good with a few minor glitches.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know the real N-Card has been having this feature for a couple days know right?

the n-card is always first since the are the real owners of the card
tongue.gif

tenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
is it just me or some game are not working?i personally found lunar knight not working and someone in other website say feel the magic XXY not working too...anyone?

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Feel the Magic is definitely not working. And it was working on the DS-Linker firmware that I had before I updated to this MK5 firmware.

As for Lunar Knights, I'm sure. I don't know why it isn't working though, it was working on previous firmwares.

Once the DS-Linker releases a new firmware, I would update to that. They usually have, in my opinion, the best firmware of the clones.

tenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Lunar knight used to be working on the previous firmware without soft reset...i guess having soft reset really break some games,hope the N-team fix it quickly..It just give me 2 flat white screen when trying to start L.knight

tenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i tried both....and i also thought that the game might be corrupted while copying and i recopy it but still stuck...so have you try you cart?if work please tell me

metalcaipira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Think it's better wait for newer firmwares. This situation rememeber me the early R4 firmwares. Soft reset would not work on some games.

THUD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works really well...

HOLD DOWN the SELECT button...

then press the left or right on the thumbpad to toggle through the save options, they don't default as Auto when you first drag and drop them onto your Ncard, so you will have to do this to each rom you add...

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.44 is out THUD. If you're using 1.43, you should upgrade.

Also, how do you get the boxes in your skins? I mean...you know exactly where to put a box for the save type, the game icon, the game name, etc...

When I make a skin for the N-Card, I just use a standard 256x192.bmp. And I get none of those boxes, lol.

So could you give me any advice? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

THUD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am running 1.44 and the reset works a treat...

as for the boxes I use Photoshop and create a symbol box give it a drop shadow effect with a slight glow effect to give it a 3d type effect...the whole thing is just a load of images slapped together and then outputted as a bitmap for the Ncard

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I definitely know how to make the boxes, but how would I know exactly where to put them? Or was that just a bunch or trial and error on your part?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes