Hacking MK PAL / NTSC-U WII / v3.3U FW Update issue?

kdjackso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologise for being a NOOB by asking something that may have been discussed here already but I did search the board and couldn't find a definitive answer to my problem.... Somebody please advise!

I had a USA WII (NTSC) with D2CKey running system v3.2U and worked perfectly with more than 30 copied WII games (all NTSC-USA), including SSBB. Last month I downloaded Mario Kart WII and found out it was PAL version from Europe. When I put the game in a message on the screen indicated something about 50hz/60hz and asked if I wanted to continue anyway. I said "Yes" and the game worked perfectly anyway, including all my other NTSC-USA games also. No problem at all,, until LAST NIGHT... I did the system update from v3.2U to v3.3U. Now my Mario Kart WII (PAL) says "system files corrupted". After reading some forum messages on this site, I have made sure that I do NOT have any duplicate channels. All my channels work fine, including NEWS and WEATHER. I can still go to my WII SETTINGS screen, and firmware now reports v3.3U. I tried to download the USA "Semibrick" fix that I saw on other sites, even though I'm not really sure I even have a "semibrick" condition. The DVD it made would not install. I went back to try some of my older WII games and some of those didn't work also, although I can't pinpoint it to my system update, as some of the games have minor scratches may not work anyway... My SSBB (NTSC-USA) still works fine and a copy of Mario Strikers Charged and several others I tried, but Mario Kart WII (PAL) continues to say "system files corrupted". What the hell did I do? Obviously I'm thinking I need to downgrade back to v3.2U where EVERYTHING worked fine... What do you guys suggest?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
3.3 block "trucha signed" or "WiiFrii" discs, that you have. Are you using The Zelda Twilight Princess Hack Savegame? If so, the 'system files are corrupted' means that this save is throw out. There is and workaround to this. There is new TP hack that is compatible with 3.3. Using it, you can install "The Homebrew Channel". You can use from here Gecko OS app that will pass 3.3 patches and can run trucha signed discs. You cannot downgrade system. If you want, post here I will give you all apps needed.

You did one bad thing: you upgraded to 3.3. Forget about all semibricks, bricks, dupe channels and semi brick fixes. There is only way now: The Homebrew Channel. It's not affected by a 3.3 update.

Ps. Welcome to GBAtemp. If you want to reply press "ADD REPLY" button in bottom of the page.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm guessing your mario kart game is trucha signed, which is why that does not work but other games do. try loading the game through gecko os. it should work that way
smile.gif

EDIT: damn, i was beaten to it!

kdjackso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try that when I get home this evening. I did use WiiFrii on the Mario Kart Wii PAL to get it to work because I was advised I needed to. So using WiiFrii is what is causing this not to work on my NTSC v3.3U WII now? I no longer have the original ISO. Can I re-rip the Mario Kart WII PAL I have back to an ISO and mod it there, and re-burn it? How do I do this Gecko procedure? I want to be clear also that I have no Twilight-hack homebrew interests... I just want to play my games....

So... My NTSC WII with v3.3U with D2CKey may not be in such bad shape after all. I thought I completely screwed up by doing the system update. I won't be so quick to do a system update next time.

kdjackso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"littlestevie Posted Today, 09:00 AM
The only way to get MKWii to work will be to install the homebrew channel from the TH as once the ISO has been touched the correct signature is forever broken "

Or I guess I could rent it and copy the NTSC US version or just go out and purchase the game, right? Any ideas of my extensive save game progress on the PAL version will be kept or start over?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
kdjackso said:
I will try that when I get home this evening. I did use WiiFrii on the Mario Kart Wii PAL to get it to work because I was advised I needed to. So using WiiFrii is what is causing this not to work on my NTSC v3.3U WII now? I no longer have the original ISO. Can I re-rip the Mario Kart WII PAL I have back to an ISO and mod it there, and re-burn it? How do I do this Gecko procedure? I want to be clear also that I have no Twilight-hack homebrew interests... I just want to play my games....

So... My NTSC WII with v3.3U with D2CKey may not be in such bad shape after all. I thought I completely screwed up by doing the system update. I won't be so quick to do a system update next time.
Gecko procedure...well it can be done only by using Homebrew Channel, and so the Twilight Hack. Without the WiiFrii Mario Kart will highly likely don't work. (Not sure though). Yes, the WiiFrii is causing it to not work.

If you want to tun Mario Kart again you must start a Twilight Princess procedure. Well, well, well...um I will explain you how to. First
You must have Twilight Princess savegame hack:
Read there all and download a save from your region:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack (download a beta - it is compatible by 3.3)
You must have a Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii).

Ok. Then you must have an SD card, and something to read a sd card on PC. Mini and Micro cards will also work (of course with adapters). If you don't have SD card, bad luck, you can't do anything.

Next, create an folder 'wii' on sd card. If it's here already, open it and create a folder called title, or open an existing folder. then, create here an folder - now, you must know from which region you have Zelda. If it's JAPAN zelda, create RZDJ folder. If it's PAL (EUROPEAN) zelda create RZDP. If it's AMERICAN (NTSC) zelda, create RZDE. Okay, then put in this folder your Zelda Twilight Princess Hack from your region.

Now download THIS and rename file to boot.elf (an elf file)

Next place your SD card in Wii. Go to Save Management/Wii/SD card and copy a Twilight Hack to your wii. If you have your Zelda savegame, you must erase it/ copy to another SD card.

Okay, next Boot your Zelda: TP Wii. Select first file: Twilight Hack that seems to be complete. Now, talk to the dude or just walk backwards when you start playing. Game will crash, because the save is modded, and horse name is so stupidly long, and it will cause game to crash when someone is a idiot and tell that name. It will release an chainloader. If you have boot.elf it will boot it. Then read all and go with instructions to install the homebrew channel. Now download Gecko OS from there.

Go to this package, and fing "geckoos" folder. Then, get your sd card and create a folder there: apps. Put the geckoos folder there.

Boot homebrew channel, and click on gecko os icon, press "start". Place your disc. Now press 'boot wii game' or something like that. Gecko will automatically run the game.

FUH long post. If you have some questions go on an post.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
kdjackso said:
I want to be clear also that I have no Twilight-hack homebrew interests

i'm afraid you're gonna need that twilight hack, because you need gecko os, which is homebrew.

use it, install the homebrew channel, and from the homebrew channel, run gecko os. that will load your game.

kdjackso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"i'm afraid you're gonna need that twilight hack, because you need gecko os, which is homebrew.
use it, install the homebrew channel, and from the homebrew channel, run gecko os. that will load your game. "

Can't I just purchase Mario Kart WII USA-NTSC and keep going? or copy a rented one?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
kdjackso said:
"i'm afraid you're gonna need that twilight hack, because you need gecko os, which is homebrew.
use it, install the homebrew channel, and from the homebrew channel, run gecko os. that will load your game. "

Can't I just purchase Mario Kart WII USA-NTSC and keep going? or copy a rented one?
Yes, you can, but futher games may need trucha signing

Homebrew isn't bad, you can get free VC games by that/ emulators for older games

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
kdjackso said:

that seems like a lot of effort when gecko os would suffice. what's with your aversion to homebrew? you seem to be afraid of it. don't be! it's quite harmless
smile.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
CambridgeGuy said:
kdjackso said:

that seems like a lot of effort when gecko os would suffice. what's with your aversion to homebrew? you seem to be afraid of it. don't be! it's quite harmless
smile.gif
Yeah. Use my guide. Twiizers team are so skilled that they can do almost anything so don't fear that somethink would not work. And Homebrew Channel is very nice-looking channel, really.

Oh and I haven't seen, PAL save will not work on NTSC game

kdjackso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CambridgeGuy said:
kdjackso said:

smile.gif

No aversion, just homebrew hadn't offered anything I'm interested in. I also don't consider VC games interesting enough to bother, other than Elevator Action - which I purchased. I love that game... I also didn't want to unneccessarily f**k-up my modded WII.... I already have this feeling that I should have upgraded to v3.3U. Do you guys update your D2cKey modded WII's or not?

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
kdjackso said:
CambridgeGuy said:
kdjackso said:

smile.gif

No aversion, just homebrew hadn't offered anything I'm interested in. I also don't consider VC games interesting enough to bother, other than Elevator Action - which I purchased. I love that game... I also didn't want to unneccessarily f**k-up my modded WII.... I already have this feeling that I should have upgraded to v3.3U. Do you guys update your D2cKey modded WII's or not?

i thought( I also didn't want to unneccessarily f**k-up my modded WII)was a weird thing to say after he had the wii ripped open an fitted a chip, i have seen more damaged wii's from chip installs. dont know of one damaged wii from homebrew!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself