Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jDkrx3OrlZoht.jpg

At 2011's E3 conference, when Nintendo showed off their first incarnation of the Wii U, they prepared a Zelda tech demo, leading many to look forward to a Wii U Zelda. However, any development of the tech demo was oddly absent at this year's E3, but Nintendo's very own Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the game is still in "research stage".

Currently, Miyamoto is saying that the Wii U Zelda will be an "evolution" of Skyward Sword's motion control mechanic. The new mechanics stirred up some minor debate between Zelda fans, but Miyamoto has assured everyone that they're looking back into those mechanics and making sure they don't suffer from any mistakes of the past game.

Miyamoto also stressed that whatever product comes out, it must also be accessible to a wider audience. At the moment, Miyamoto has said that they are "experimenting" with multiple methods to make this happen. In the past, Nintendo has used a "Super Guide" to show players with difficulties in certain parts how to complete certain levels or let them skip them entirely.

For now though, Zelda for the Wii U is still a fair bit away.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: 1 person

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would be very sad if they got rid of Skyward Swords controls.

I bet they make a strap so you can tie the Gamepad around your arm like a shield, then use the Wii Remote as a sword, and the Wii Fit balance board to run. It's da future.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I bet they make a strap so you can tie the Gamepad around your arm like a shield, then use the Wii Remote as a sword, and the Wii Fit balance board to run. It's da future.

Ideally I'd think you could use the touchscreen for directional slashing instead of motion controls. It would eliminate so many issues with the original game while making the game more accessible and keep the mechanic. Plus the touchscreen opens up much better gadget usage than motion controls honestly.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

796.jpg

Motion controls should seriously stay for console Zelda for a while.

Super Guide? I hate super guide… It's way more fun to find out how to beat the level yourself…

That's what I like about Minecraft… they don't tell you how to make anything…

Then didn't use it...

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

skywards sword controls are going no where look at pikmin 3 miyamoto demoed the game on stage using wii motion plus controls instead of showing you how you play it with the gamepad

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What i want for now is a 3DS Zelda, a new one or another remake, I DON'T CARE... i just want a another one...

I was excepting something @ E3 nintendo... yes i was.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The motion controls were actually pretty fun to be honest, but I really hate the goddamn beetle, damn thing never worked right for me. Also if their gonna make the game easy can they at least have a master quest or whatever for people who like a challenge.

Why are people upset at the lack of Zelda? Zelda games take a long time to make which is why they are usually high quality and held in high regard. If they rushed a zelda game it would probably suck, or feel far too short.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Ideally I'd think you could use the touchscreen for directional slashing instead of motion controls. It would eliminate so many issues with the original game while making the game more accessible and keep the mechanic. Plus the touchscreen opens up much better gadget usage than motion controls honestly.
Like Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first "true" Wii Zelda game was Skyward Sword, TP begun its development as a Gamecube game and its Wii version was concieved later, even though they were released on the same day.

b, but, windwaker was released when the gamecube was well alive.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that people think that tech demo = new Zelda. There was also high res Zelda tech demo for GameCube but in the end we got 'Wind Waker".

Video here, start at 00:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvE3yJv3fm0&feature=related

In the end I want my motion controls to go nowhere! I'm so ecstatic that the WiiU is more of the same! I saw the Wii Remote being used for Pikmin 3 and my heart went aflutter ! The Wii Remote and Nunchuck is the best thing in gaming since the GameCube controller Now With the inclusion of the WiiU gamepad my list is like this: "Remote/Nunchuck > WiiU Gamepad = GameCube controller > WiiU Pro controller". More Skyward Sword like gaming please Nintendo, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it