Gaming Miyamoto wants to make an FPS game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why so shocked? He's a game maker, it's not like he hasn't made games where you go around killing things plus Ocarina of Time was originally in first person and it was his idea to get Retro to go the first person route with Metroid.

I don't see him doing this, as he already stated...he has a lot to do. He's finishing Pikmin 3, he's got another Wii U game in the works, if that's not a 3D Mario than no doubt he'll be working on thatas well s that he has a shit ton of testing, game approving, visiting studios to make sure they're doing fine and by that time he'll probably have another idea he would want to work on. If by any chance he does it won't be like the FPS games you get nowadays, it'll be very surreal like most of his games are.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested, it's rather surprising that Miyamoto is delving into a genre of which he's shown no prior interest (publically), but I can't wait to see what comes out of it (if it happens).

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why so shocked? He's a game maker, it's not like he hasn't made games where you go around killing things plus Ocarina of Time was originally in first person and it was his idea to get Retro to go the first person route with Metroid.

I don't see him doing this, as he already stated...he has a lot to do. He's finishing Pikmin 3, he's got another Wii U game in the works, if that's not a 3D Mario than no doubt he'll be working on thatas well s that he has a shit ton of testing, game approving, visiting studios to make sure they're doing fine and by that time he'll probably have another idea he would want to work on. If by any chance he does it won't be like the FPS games you get nowadays, it'll be very surreal like most of his games are.
No I'm shocked as in, I find it very intersting LOL. I'm interested to see how it will turn out if he has the time do do it. But to be honest, I don't see him doing this.

D

Deleted_171835

I'm interested, it's rather surprising that Miyamoto is delving into a genre of which he's shown no prior interest (publically), but I can't wait to see what comes out of it (if it happens).
GAME DEVELOPER WANTS TO MAKE GAME.

HOW SURPRISING.

:O

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GAME DEVELOPER WANTS TO MAKE GAME.
HOW SURPRISING.
:O
Except I elaborated on why I think it's surprising, but yes, it is surprising. It's like Nippon Ichi wanting to make a Visual Novel.

Reactions: 2 people

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Should be rather interesting, but I wonder if FPS is being used as an umbrella term. An if we might get something more like the metroid prime games, where it is in first person, and you have a gun, but your doing more exploring/jumping/story stuff than shooting.

If it isn't an umbrella term then I hope he puts out something like serious sam xD

D

Deleted_171835

Except I elaborated on why I think it's surprising, but yes, it is surprising. It's like Nippon Ichi wanting to make a Visual Novel.

Except it's not uncommon for developers to want to develop a game outside of the genre they typically develop in.

Oh and, Nippon Ichi is a company, not an individual developer.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Except it's not uncommon for developers to want to develop a game outside of the genre they typically develop in.

Oh and, Nippon Ichi is a company, not an individual developer.
I understand that, that's why I said "it's rather surprising that Miyamoto is delving into a genre of which he's shown no prior interest (publically)".

Also, it doesn't really matter whether Nippon Ichi is an individual or not, it's still rare for them to delve into something so far outside of their usual range, and the same can be said for Miyamoto.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
New GBAtemp:
No posting actual news, just post links that no one clicks and let them draw conclusions from the thread title
God what a shithole. Read, will you? this isn't "shocking".

On topic, Shiggy's mostly interested in the camera system, and some potential new ideas for the Wii U. You guys do know he's the one that turned Metroid Prime into an FPS, right?

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But...they did make a Visual Novel.
Disgaea Infinite on the PSP.
:P
(Pretty neat actually, you should check it out if you're a fan of the world or VNs.)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But...they did make a Visual Novel.
Disgaea Infinite on the PSP.
:P
(Pretty neat actually, you should check it out if you're a fan of the world or VNs.)
I was actually referencing it (though I had a feeling the reference might be too subtle), that was my fault for making it so vague q:

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
New GBAtemp:
No posting actual news, just post links that no one clicks and let them draw conclusions from the thread title
God what a shithole. Read, will you? this isn't "shocking".

On topic, Shiggy's mostly interested in the camera system, and some potential new ideas for the Wii U. You guys do know he's the one that turned Metroid Prime into an FPS, right?
Yeah many of the news here lately are drawing attention becasue of the headlines and the worst part is that people post them without proper research, when reading the actual source you realize that the majority should be labled as rumors, it's either that or the news post is misinterpreted, biased or just plainly wrong.

I believe Miyamoto always wantsto stand out, if he were to develop a title in that genre it would probably be a new take on it and not a CoD copycat.

BTW anyone else reminded by his comment "I could have made that game" regarding some fps game I can't remember?
I believe it was halo haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr