OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.zeldac.com
XP
Country
United States
Today marked the first day of the Zelda 25th anniversary concert, and sometime during this event Shigeru Miyamoto discussed Zelda Wii U. He didn't go into exact details other than he will be personally taking on the next Legend of Zelda title, Zelda Wii U. So basically, this game will be his vision.

Source: http://www.zeldac.com/2011/10/miyamoto-will-personally-take-on-zelda-wii-u/

D

Deleted_171835

Err, well that's nice?

Still doesn't mean I'll be buying a WiiU, though. I'll wait until it has a solid game library and some more info is revealed.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this is very interesting indeed.

This could be an absolute massive game. I can see it being on the scale of Elder Scrolls or at least Fallout 3, albeit more newbie friendly, Japanesey and with that Nintendo charm. They definitely need to get some voicework in there for the other characters (not Link of course) but other than that they can do what they want with the look. I can see that Nintendo is just expecting people to want just a HD pretty as fuck Zelda game...and then thinking "but that would be too easy, lets go further than that".

Basically I can see it being the modern equivalent of how the first Zelda was on the NES & how Ocarina was on the N64..big changes for that genre...of course he could just make it an attachment game. Also unless he's been working on it for a while already I doubt we'd even see this for 4 years at the earliest, he's still working on Pikmin remember.

Reactions: 3 people

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
If Skyward Sword is all it makes itself out to be we could have a good time with Zelda Games for the Next 5 years if the Wii-U is released within that time frame. Although as long as that Tablet is involved with the Wii-U I'm not going to purchase the Console.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
If Skyward Sword is all it makes itself out to be we could have a good time with Zelda Games for the Next 5 years if the Wii-U is released within that time frame. Although as long as that Tablet is involved with the Wii-U I'm not going to purchase the Console.
That controller is here to stay.
Enjoy missing out on an entire generation of Nintendo console games without even trying them or the system.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Enjoy missing out on an entire generation of Nintendo console games without even trying them or the system.

Doesn't really bother me I missed out on the Gamecube and N64 Generations until they were over so I can sit through the Wii-U's lifetime, and besides I'll still have a 3DS, PSP Vita and probably Microsoft's next console.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

Doesn't really bother me I missed out on the Gamecube and N64 Generations until they were over so I can sit through the Wii-U's lifetime, and besides I'll still have a 3DS, PSP Vita and probably Microsoft's next console.
You missed out. You totally missed out.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Replace "Tablet" with "black person" and all of a sudden it sounds like a racist comment.

Honestly, complaining about the touch screen on the controller is akin to complaining about a keyboard having a numpad...

Anyhoo, Miyamoto in charge of the next Zelda sounds fantastic! If anyone can keep a series from going stagnant, it's him. I hope Aonuma still plays a big part though, as he's been the one, for example, that's pushed towards a clearer timeline (Miyamoto tends to focus on the fun of playing a game rather than pleasing fans who want some sort of continuity).

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Well, as long as it's not a drama/romance/JRPG like Skyward Sword, I'll be happy.

Oh by all the gods are you retarded
>Game has equipable items and an equipment leveling system
>Must be a JRPG
Hurr durr. Because that changes the fact that it's a straight adventure game.Both of these features hail from the Oracle games, by the way. (Rings, Level 1, 2 and 3 items, etc)

And wow, a romantic subplot to kick off the story and give the hero a reason to fight besides "save the princess!". The game is totally not worth playing anymore.

Reactions: 3 people

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, as long as it's not a drama/romance/JRPG like Skyward Sword, I'll be happy.

Oh by all the gods are you retarded
>Game has equipable items and an equipment leveling system
>Must be a JRPG
Hurr durr. Because that changes the fact that it's a straight adventure game.Both of these features hail from the Oracle games, by the way. (Rings, Level 1, 2 and 3 items, etc)

And wow, a romantic subplot to kick off the story and give the hero a reason to fight besides "save the princess!". The game is totally not worth playing anymore.
Lol. First off, stop doing the stupid implying shit. This isn't 4chan. Second, the game is more focused on the awful plot, idiotic characters, and RPG elements than it ever has been before. Third, it's my opinion. Do you know what that means? Let's spell it out. O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

I don't play Zelda games mainly for the story, as it's always been "Go through dungeons, defeat villian, save Zelda, do sidequests," not "Have a staring contest with a drag queen, make out with Zelda on a bird, get pissy with the neighborhood douchebag because he likes Zelda too, and THEN do go through a dungeon."

Skyward Sword is going to be shit (In my opinion, because you idiots can't seem to grasp that), and I'm sure the fact that it's being directed by the guy who directed Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass has something to do with it.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
What I have remembered clearly is that before the Gamecube's shelf-live was about to expire, Nintendo have made 'Zelda: The Twilight Princess' which was coming out for the Nintendo Wii. So who knows if they are going to pull that same 'freaking' stunt again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn