Miyamoto Steps Down as Head of Nintendo EAD

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Valwin, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2012
  1. Valwin
    OP

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    [​IMG]

Well is about time and now he wont hurt another paper Mario ever again ;.;

Source

Ericss likes this.
  2. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    Again? I wonder if this time he means it.

3. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    This isn't a shock at all. He said he was going to cool off a bit. And as for the Paper Mario thing... I don't know why fans are complaining. He said he made that decision based on Club Nintendo opinions, so we only have ourselves to blame. I couldn't care less about the story, I just wish it was more RPG like the originals, that's my only gripe.

But hey, hopefully he'll still have a say and people will go to him for input. I mean, the guy is a genius. I say don't exclude him from everything unless he asks to be excluded. Get his input.

omgpwn666 likes this.
  4. Valwin
    OP

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    last time was a rumor

5. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    So... Nintendo's first party games are going to change?

6. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Why would they? Miyamoto taught people in the EAD dude, he took students on and everything. If I recall, I think Mario Galaxy was a title that he and the people he taught made.

NightsOwl likes this.
  7. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    *Leaves before WiiU flop*

At least other franchises will come in to light now; enough of mario, bring on metroid and donkey kong.

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Eh, he has made good games but I would like to see some new ideas pumped into the franchises.

Not Metroid: Other M ideas, but you have to admit there's a certain level of staleness and a constant "playing it safe" approach with games like Mario and Zelda.

chavosaur likes this.
  9. NightsOwl

Member NightsOwl Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)

United States
    ... Well, I hope this isn't completely bad news. I hope something good comes from this. And I hope Miyamoto still makes games too. x_x

10. Gaiaknight

Member Gaiaknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    source doesn't work also the article in question is from a long time ago as I saw a post on gfaqs on it

11. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I love the guy, but I feel his interference in many recent projects has started to let down Nintendo.

From mistakes like Wii Music to turning RareWare's Dinosaur Planet into Starfox Adventures, and asking Intelligent Systems to strip Paper Mario of its unique individual charms, and possibly being responsible for the homogenized design of the New Super Mario Bros series...I feel Miyamoto may have lost touch somewhat.
    But then titles like Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 and Super Mario 3D Land have also been hits. Meanwhile, Mario Kart 7, an excellent game, and Mario Tennis Open, maybe not such a great game, have suffered from character roster issues.

Can Nintendo really be, without Miyamoto at the helm?

12. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Indeed. I wish to see a change as drastic as A Link to the Past was to Zelda 1. Like Ocarina of Time was to ALTTP... and most of all, as Majoras Mask was to OOT. Even though it had the same(ish) graphics, on the same console and everything... The Doomsday theme, the three day rule, doing things over and over again (In a good way!)... it was such a fresh new take on Zelda. I find Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword to be... Ocarina of Time-ish.. Wind Waker was had a cool new graphics direction, and sailing around... but it was also very similar to OOT in spirit.

Now, what I would like to see is actually a follow up to Zelda 2, on 3DS. The over head view, the side scrolling action.. Like the zelda mini-game in Super Smash Bros. Melee... A Lengthy one.. Maybe as a follow up to the other handheld games (awakening, oracles, minish etc.)

13. Guild McCommunist

United States
    The issue I have with Zelda is that it looks like they flirt with the idea of, well, new ideas, but are just too concerned they'll alienate their fanbase to do anything about it. They tried to have a true open world in Wind Waker but there was like nothing to do. They tried to have some RPG elements in Skyward Sword but they were all completely shallow and obtuse. In the end it's like someone's yanking them back on the "Make it like Ocarina of Time but X" path.

I'd really be thrilled to see a darker Zelda world that was incredibly open (I don't mean "Hey there's two optional dungeons to do" open I mean like "Hey this thing is as big and has as many sidequests/dungeons as Skyrim" type of thing), had actual RPG elements (like you could actually level up, find new equipment, etc), and maybe even tried some nonlinear gameplay choices (Like why not have a boss you can defeat in three different ways, each catering to a specific element you level up?).

The argument is made that "If you change Zelda then IT'S NOT ZELDA!" but we've had 15 years of the same Zelda and I don't want to deal with that anymore. They have a console that's basically on par with current consoles that can pump out massive worlds, beautiful cinematics, and tons of content. Abuse it.

14. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I'm all with you on that Guild, Especially the open world, and some RPG elements. I also find it too bad that the collectibles almost never do anything. I don't want to only go around finding heart pieces. I want more power up things to find. But Like Majoras Mask, there were sidequests in that game. and they did stray from many of the classical concepts at least... and it was dark. and I want more... death. death of a character that has meant something to you for a good portion of the game. not just random guy X.

15. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    I don't think this is true. Nobody else has reported it and now the source link is down. I agree with Guild wholeheartedly, though, Miyamoto needs to change his formula.

16. Guild McCommunist

United States
    I can't say I enjoyed Majora's Mask but I can appreciate it for being a bit more daring and probably being the most offbeat in the franchise.

It just feels like for every step forward in the franchise they feel a need to go two steps back.

17. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I can't find this news anywhere else online; all that comes up are old articles speculating on a rumor and a site linking to Valwin's article... which no longer exists.

I think it's fair to say ya'll got trolled.

18. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Good. Maybe now Nintendo will start releasing good consoles and games again instead of the garbage they have been releasing for the past ten years.

Joe88 and Toni Plutonij like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.