Miyamoto on being nervous about the Wii U and Zelda 4 Swords.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    The legend that is Shigeru Miyamoto (we'll forgive him for Wii Music since he aced it with Mario Galaxy) has been talking about the Wii U and other things.

He a recent interview he has stated that he is more nervous than excited for the Wii U, but then that is only natural as he is heavily involved with it.

As usual he wants the latest console to be THE essential living room device, this time I feel that they have a good shot at keeping the Wii U relevent with it's features rather than have a console that is either kept in a gamers room or only bought out for the latest "Wii..." title or parties.

Most noticably in this interview, he speaks of Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventure and it's commercial failure and it sounds like he still wants to continue with this kind of game:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/06/miyamoto-and-the-wii-u-philosophy

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I imagine he feels like a schoolboy about to lose his virginity who worries if he'll enter the right hole.

Guild McCommunist likes this.
  3. nasune

Member nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    To be honest, I think the Wii U would be great for a Four Swords kind of game. It could use the Gamepad as a secondary screen (like the GBA on FSA), and with online play you wouldn't have to rely on friends being close by (if friends aren't available you could even play with strangers). You could even communicate using the microphone/camera ( like little screens on the tv or gamepad). That would take away the main problems I had with the FS games, I have both, but no one to play them with.
    Hell if they'd make more online adventure type games instead of MMORPGs, rarcers, or shooters (as in death match/CTF/etc.) I think that I'd have quite a bit of fun playing online. Just imagine playing through an adventure with a couple of friends from all around the world.

4. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
  5. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    Dont worry, once he releases Zelda HD and Donkey Kong Country HD all his worries will be over.

6. Walker D

Member Walker D I have a hat

Brazil
    LoL that side steps :P

I would be nervous too. Its a important step intro new grounds ..who knows how it will be received by the masses (besides, the responses from Sony and Microsoft are not known yet).

Lets hope Wii U goes well ...mostly cause Miyamoto rules \o/

7. NightsOwl

Member NightsOwl Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)

United States
    It'll sell fine, methinks anyway.

I know I already want one, but I don't have the cash, Strangah.

8. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Well Nintendo will be selling the Wii U at a loss as confirmed a week ago or so.
    Here's what Iwata said when he commented on how much of an impact the Wii U could have on the company's profits for the next fiscal year.

I would worry too even if the console launch was a success.

9. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Your avatar makes this post extra funny.

10. Izen

Member Izen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Four Swords Adventures was a great game, in my opinion, but as far as it being a commercial failure, I can see some pretty blatant reasoning. As Miyamoto himself said, people saw it as a solely multiplayer game, so single players just opted out entirely. So the majority of players saw the game as having no single-player element, and the single player element was the only part that could be played with a standard controller. In order to play with multiple players, each player needed a Gameboy Advance and a special peripheral that only worked with a limited number of games (the GCN-GBA cable thing). For a lot of players, even if they wanted a powerful multiplayer experience, shelling out that much for one was just unreasonable.