Miyamoto: "My best is yet to come"

X D D X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
World-renowned games designer Shigeru Miyamoto has said his best work is yet to come, and the challenge of building the next line of consoles comes down to how unique Nintendo can make theirs.

In an interview with GamesTM he said: “In the past five years I’ve been working on such unusual titles like Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort.

“Ten years ago I could never have been able to imagine that I would be making games like that. That’s why I can say that the best is yet to come to me.”

GamesTM also quizzed the Nintendo legend on a HD Wii console.

“Technology is always evolving and Nintendo, just like other companies, is going to integrate those technologies into our new products as they develop,” Miyamoto added.

“Whether that be a Wii HD, Wii 2 or an entirely new console, I am not in a position to say at the moment.

“I think that in the next generation of hardware, the challenge is how unique and different a product Nintendo is able to make.”

When GamesTM told Miyamoto that they’d love to see a new Starfox game for Wii, he replied: “Me too.”

He also previously said to Japanese games magazine Famitsu that the Wiimote could be used to control the Arwing in Starfox.

Miyamoto picked up a lifetime achievement award at the video game BAFTAs last month. He created many of Nintendo’s original franchises, including Mario and Zelda.

Source

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it seems you thought the article was. O.O Unless you like to make obvious statements. I don't know how to say what I said in a nice sounding way, but I mean that in the nicest way possible.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
more crappy games with mario in it?
yes

in b4 mario chess
They seem to have calmed down with the Mario Sports titles lately and Mario Party. But you were almost too late, there's already a Mario game with checkers- http://www.amazon.com/Marios-Fundamentals-...y/dp/B0017XLDWI

Bad game, but an important part of mario's evolution in personality. Fundamentals was the first mario game to use Charles Martinet as his voice and in that accent. Interesting history at least. You can thank that game that we have Martinet as Mario's voice nowadays.
lecture.gif

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They already have Mario Checkers...it's close enough to chess
tongue.gif

Star Fox Wii...hopefully it's better than crappy command or whatever it was for DS.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I hope they don't try to market an HD version of the Wii as just a redesign, when it would practically be a next-gen successor.

Still, if the 3DS is going to have (as rumours indicate) graphics that match what the Gamecube could do (which isn't far behind the Wii), then maybe it won't be that surprising if they do come out with a Wii sucessor this early.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope to god the next Star Fox game for a console is not as bad as that shitty Assault game way. At least Star Fox Adventure was something completely different, though the lack of flight combat was a downer, I enjoyed being able to play the game as Fox in a completely different manner rather than just fly around blowing stuff up all the time. To be honest, I would love to see another Star Fox Adventure style of game but maybe with more flight combat, actually making it more along the lines of Metroid Prime would be really sweet.

r3dfaction

Trophies
Website
phyzorg.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
I hope to god the next Star Fox game for a console is not as bad as that shitty Assault game way. At least Star Fox Adventure was something completely different, though the lack of flight combat was a downer, I enjoyed being able to play the game as Fox in a completely different manner rather than just fly around blowing stuff up all the time. To be honest, I would love to see another Star Fox Adventure style of game but maybe with more flight combat, actually making it more along the lines of Metroid Prime would be really sweet.
Lets hope its Nintendo developing the game and not Namco, too bad RARE wents towards the other-side. They could have made some brilliant Wii-exclusive titles...
dry.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
granville said:
Joe88 said:
more crappy games with mario in it?
yes

in b4 mario chess
They seem to have calmed down with the Mario Sports titles lately and Mario Party. But you were almost too late, there's already a Mario game with checkers- http://www.amazon.com/Marios-Fundamentals-...y/dp/B0017XLDWI

Bad game, but an important part of mario's evolution in personality. Fundamentals was the first mario game to use Charles Martinet as his voice and in that accent. Interesting history at least. You can thank that game that we have Martinet as Mario's voice nowadays.
lecture.gif

LOL, i remember this game, i remember playing it(or at least just the checkers), although i am not sure if i still have that game with me.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
well if they make wii HD then can u say they are like sony who copied their controller or the xbox one?
its a shifting of ideas from one company to other, there isnt something as cheap tactics or anything (except if u start abusing the other one which is foolishness/unprofessional)

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Miyamoto is an absolute legend. Although i think his best has already been and gone i always wait and see whats next and id be lying if i said im never suprised. He is probably the main reason i game and that lifetime achievement award is well deserved.............. someone get this guy knighted lmao

man i cant wait till E3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: