Miyamoto - E3 Now Not An Event We Showcase Core Games

NYCvinster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info Hadrian. When I read this I started having things float around in my mind about HD graphics from other competitors and if it would make a difference & I think back to how popular Pong & Atari 2600 and reminded myself why I so love the Wii (and Pong and 2600, yes I'm that old) it's the gameplay. During E3 I really thought Nintendo's event was less than spectacular & the only thing that really got me excited (except for the wii-mote motion add-on) was that we're getting another Wave-race. Watching Reggie play it in action was awsome. Ok, so it wasn't awsome, but I wanted to be the one playing it. I want to play it now

D

Deleted User

Thanks for posting this Hadrian!

Also: Nintendo already said numerous times that they're about to announce games at their own events when stating they wouldn't be at the GC 2008. (as read on gamefront.de)

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We aren't necessarily getting another Wave Race yet. That was Wii Sports Resort. We may get one, but it's not a definite yet. I remember reading an article exactly about this the other day.

I'm guessing we will see a slew of core game announcements not at TGS or GDC, but their own press conference/special event outside of the trade shows. They've done it before. And it's not like Nintendo to not be prepared to combat MS and Sony for an entire year.

EDIT: Takeshi beat me to it. XD I didn't know it was confirmed, though.

D

Deleted User

underpressure116 said:
EDIT: Takeshi beat me to it. XD I didn't know it was confirmed, though.
I found the source - the sites search really sucks. I'm too lazy to translate everything but it basically says that Nintendo plans to have smaller events rather than attending GC 2008. It also quotes Dr. Bernd Fakesch, who says that they are going to do a nationwide roadshow after E3 2008. This last info is for Germany, though.

Nintendo nicht auf der Games Convention 2008

23.05.08 - Nintendo gibt bekannt, dass man nicht an der Games Convention 2008 (20.08.08 - 24.08.08) in Leipzig teilnehmen wird.

Auch im zweiten Halbjahr des Jahres 2008 setzt Nintendo daher statt auf eine zentrale Messe auf deutschlandweite Präsenz durch kleinere Veranstaltungen: In den unterschiedlichsten Lebensumfeldern werden Nintendos Spiele so bei vielerlei Gelegenheiten direkt erlebbar.

'Um auch Medien und Handelspartner so früh wie möglich über die neuesten Spiele zu informieren, wird Nintendo im Anschluss an die Spielemesse E3 2008 eine bundesweite Roadshow starten', ergänzt Dr. Bernd Fakesch, General Manager Nintendo Deutschland.

Nintendo legt Wert auf die Feststellung, dass es mit seiner Entscheidung keine Kritik an der Games Convention verbindet. 'Wir sind immer gerne nach Leipzig gekommen und haben uns hier sehr wohl gefühlt. Wir möchten uns an dieser Stelle noch einmal herzlich für die vielen Jahre der guten Zusammenarbeit bedanken', so Dr. Fakesch.

Er betont außerdem, dass die Entscheidung keinesfalls eine Vorentscheidung für die GAMESCom in Köln 2009 darstelle. Nintendo werde das Messekonzept bewerten und dann auf Basis seiner bis dahin gewonnenen Erfahrungen neu entscheiden.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
B-Blue said:
XeonZ said:
jgu1994 said:
XeonZ said:
Yeah the last time Nintendo was at TGS was in 2005. I agree that we need a new Space World to announce a new Golden Sun, new Skies of Arcadia, a new F-zero for DS and Wii and a new 2D Metroid and the resignation of Miyamoto.

Fixed.

off topic: 500 posts! only took a year.

More fixed.

Extra Fix!

Super fix!

Ultra fix!

Mini-mega fix!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/