Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Mitsubishi Electric Corp developed the "Laser Backlight LCD TV," which uses laser diodes for part of its backlight source, and prototyped a 46-inch TV.

Its backlight unit includes two types of light sources: red laser diode and cyan LED. Compared with Mitsubishi Electric's existing LCD TVs, which use white LEDs for backlight, the color gamut of the new TV is about 1.3 times wider. It is a 126% color gamut on NTSC standards.

"Especially, the vividness of red color has drastically improved," the company said.

Mitsubishi Electric has already commercialized a rear projection TV using RGB color lasers (See related article). This time, the company used only the red color laser.

"We took costs into consideration for commercialization," it said. "And we found that the red color laser is more effective than the other lasers."

Source

Well I gave a loud WTF when I read this
Lasers for TV? It sounds pretty good to me especially since they can build large screens with it opposed to OLED

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't sound that dangerous to me.

They use lasers in optical readers, though I'd think the principles are a little different. For one thing the laser in an optical reader is part of a closed system.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ManFranceGermany said:
Schlupi said:
Sounds dangerous.

"some" years ago they said the same about subways, cars, airplanes, computers, monitors.....
Indeed

When trains were first build they didnt have windows that could open because they were scared the air would get sucked out... Steamtrains went like 25km/u or something lol
They also thought the world was flat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple