Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't, my father does for literally 1/4 of the year though. I have a decent grasp of how things work over there. How exactly do they "treat their citizens like shit"?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's what I'm saying, too, unless I'm misunderstanding you

Well, this is awkward.. Oo

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't, my father does for literally 1/4 of the year though. I have a decent grasp of how things work over there. How exactly do they "treat their citizens like shit"?
Is your father American too? I meant the existing German population, not people visiting (approximately three months is rather short) or the Islamic "refugees."

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is awkward.. Oo
Just to make sure we're on the same page, what I'm trying to say is something along the lines of "when the population grows up believing that their country is a world benchmark, they start letting things slide that they shouldn't because 'at least we're better than everyone else'"

Reactions: Quantumcat

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only because blacks make up more of the poor's population, and poor people are more likely to commit crime.
Absolutely and objectively false. An easy way to understand this is, in the 1930's, many middle class whites suddenly became poor; was there a spike in poverty? Nope.

If you controlled for socio-economic status, I bet there wouldn't be any correlation.
That's analyzed also, and the difference in crime rates still persists. Why not try actually reading the report?

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure we're on the same page, what I'm trying to say is something along the lines of "when the population grows up believing that their country is a world benchmark, they start letting things slide that they shouldn't because 'at least we're better than everyone else'"
Complacency is a common factor in today's world issues. Oo

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your father American too? I meant the existing German population, not people visiting (approximately three months is rather short) or the Islamic "refugees."
Yes, but he has a rather diverse friend base that he stays with (yes, citizens), and 4 months consecutively every year is a rather significant period of time for cultural immersion, I'd say

in the 1930's, many middle class whites suddenly became poor; was there a spike in poverty? Nope.
Wut

Reactions: invaderyoyo

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Absolutely and objectively false. An easy way to understand this is, in the 1930's, many middle class whites suddenly became poor; was there a spike in poverty? Nope.

That's analyzed also, and the difference in crime rates still persists. Why not try actually reading the report?
Did you actually read it yourself? The only mention of controls is for IQ and lifetime records of violence. Meaning that being black doesn't make you more likely to commit crime, having low IQ does. So if you take all the whites and all the blacks that have the same IQ, the crime rate will be the same as their proportion in the population. There is no control for income or any other obvious correlating factor with crime rates. Whoever wrote this report is either not very good at statistics, or IS good at statistics and wanted to portray a certain impression, due to racism, politics pushing for it, or both.

A 2015 study of American men based on the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health found that controlling for IQ and lifetime records of violence completely accounted for racial differences in arrest rates.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great, the america hating commie bastards are here!

For fucks sake people, murder happens everywhere, stop turning everything into a way to hate on a country.
At least no one bombs your concerts and kills children in America because of their religion.

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's amazing how anti-America people are.. Hm..
Really? Anti America? Your government does strange things to justify wars, the world police?
Started bombing Serbia in 1999, destroyed civilian train, killing 15 people? Bombed a freaking Hospital and a tv station 500m from my place. Used uranium depleted bombs in.a city with 450k residents. People have the right to bash your government, portraying everyone who is not an american as a terrorist. I spent a mounth in NY when people heard where I was from they started avoiding me, I even got smacked in the face with a cry "fuck you serb muslim, usa no1. .. I could go for hours about this topic, but I won't.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the 3rd post, this devolved into cancer. Non-gaming related shit should be banned from this site. It's fucking ridiculous. If not every day, then every other day there's a post about world news, or some other political, racial, religious, sexual orientation bs that immediately turns into a shitshow. Fuck.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
With a criminal record like that how was he still running around free let alone the right to own a gun.
In America they seem to encourage people to have guns.
Have a criminal record? Great! Repeat business, have 10% off your second murder weapon!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
By the 3rd post, this devolved into cancer. Non-gaming related shit should be banned from this site. It's fucking ridiculous. If not every day, then every other day there's a post about world news, or some other political, racial, religious, sexual orientation bs that immediately turns into a shitshow. Fuck.
This is the Off-Topic Forum. If you want game-related discussion, there's heaps of forums to choose from ;)

Great, the america hating commie bastards are here!

For fucks sake people, mass-murder happens not very often in the developed world, stop turning everything into a way to hate on a country.
At least no one bombs your concerts and kills children in America because of their religion.
fixed

Reactions: Byokugen

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Really? Anti America? Your government does strange things to justify wars, the world police?
Started bombing Serbia in 1999, destroyed civilian train, killing 15 people? Bombed a freaking Hospital and a tv station 500m from my place. Used uranium depleted bombs in.a city with 450k residents. People have the right to bash your government, portraying everyone who is not an american as a terrorist. I spent a mounth in NY when people heard where I was from they started avoiding me, I even got smacked in the face with a cry "fuck you serb muslim, usa no1. .. I could go for hours about this topic, but I won't.
Sounds like a you problem, mostly. You can't speak for a nation because of politics. It just doesn't work.

You're also talking like the American government is the only one to do such things. That's even more petty. So, yes.. Anti-america.. Thanks for proving my point.

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.