Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know if it is related to missioncontrol but if I use ds4 as player 1 and 8bitdo pro 2 as player 2. The pro 2 doesn't work propably, it's has like huge delay and kind of moves in random direction on it's own .Pro 2 as player 1 and ds4 as player 2 works normal.

57Cynthia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying my Wiimote motionplus inside with Super Mario Galaxy but my motion axis are inverted when I use the pointer

Up is down, down is up, left is right and right is left

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any recommendations of wireless fighter/rocker/arcade sticks that work with Mission Control?
Can't reccomend anything myself as I don't own any. Maybe someone else can chime in. Anything meant for PS or Xbox should be supported though.

I don't know if it is related to missioncontrol but if I use ds4 as player 1 and 8bitdo pro 2 as player 2. The pro 2 doesn't work propably, it's has like huge delay and kind of moves in random direction on it's own .Pro 2 as player 1 and ds4 as player 2 works normal.
It could be. There was a strange issue with rumble that occured under similar circumstances. Though I don't really know what could cause something like that to happen. Does the issue occur with an official switch controller in place of the 8bitdo? Is it an authentic PS4 controller (ie, no settsi_disable.flag file necessary to make it stay connected)? If you believe this is a mission control issue, please open an issue on github to track it. It will likely get forgotten about here.

I'm trying my Wiimote motionplus inside with Super Mario Galaxy but my motion axis are inverted when I use the pointer

Up is down, down is up, left is right and right is left
Not sure about this one. I don't own the controller or the game to test, but when adding support the coordinate system was confirmed to match that of the official controllers. Does it behave like this in any other games? Also be aware that the controller performs some kind of self-calibration when you first connect it. You need to have it face-up on a flat surface for a few seconds when you switch it on if you intend to use motion controls or else they will not be inaccurate. I don't know whether this could mess things up so bad as to be inverted though.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh, it needs to be face down, not up?
https://en-americas-support.nintend...2948/~/how-to-recalibrate-the-wii-remote-plus

skywardsword-calibration1.png

Reactions: Allen-R and VDDZ

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any report of issues with a wiimote with the motion plus extension then the nunchuck? Mine was only registering as a wiimote...

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has there been any report of issues with a wiimote with the motion plus extension then the nunchuck? Mine was only registering as a wiimote...
Yeah this is known. The extension detection when motion plus is involved can be a little unreliable. Seems it's somewhat timing sensitive or something. I did all my development without actually having access to a motion plus controller myself so I wasn't really able to fine-tune it reliably. I opted to push it out in its current state rather than hold up development any longer. Replugging your extension should eventually cause it to be detected correctly if it isn't the first time.

Reactions: VDDZ

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
any updates on the configuration app? I was messing about with AIO Switch updater and accidentally found out the controllers can have custom button and shell colors all of a sudden which made me wonder if there was anyway for us to change the Lightbar color for dualshock 4/dualsenses yet
Been working on it on and off. It's getting there but still has a way to go before anything is ready. I'm focused on BLE support at the moment. Changing the LED colour of Sony controllers will be supported when it's released though.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea if the Logitech G29 Driving Force steering wheel will work with this? It works with Magic NS adapter but curious if it can without it with this module.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any idea if the Logitech G29 Driving Force steering wheel will work with this? It works with Magic NS adapter but curious if it can without it with this module.
It's not currently supported "officially". I'm not familiar with the controller, but if it's designed to work as eg. a ps4 or other major console controller then it should just work. If it appears as it's own unique controller type then I will need to add support for it to the codebase, but it should be possible to make it work. Try connecting it and see what happens?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not currently supported "officially". I'm not familiar with the controller, but if it's designed to work as eg. a ps4 or other major console controller then it should just work. If it appears as it's own unique controller type then I will need to add support for it to the codebase, but it should be possible to make it work. Try connecting it and see what happens?

Haven't bought it yet, will update you if I do.

Rashka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't think this will work.
Even on Windows you'll have to install G-Hub, otherwise Windows wont recognize it at all (driver only won't work).
I had both, G29 and G920 but only kept G920. I can give it a try within the next two days.

Reactions: ganons

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Even on Windows you'll have to install G-Hub, otherwise Windows wont recognize it at all (driver only won't work).
I had both, G29 and G920 but only kept G920. I can give it a try within the next two days.
This may be because it's not an XInput device. The same reason DS4 controllers won't work without running something like DS4Windows. But they can work on the switch just fine with mission control. Anyway, would be interested to hear the results of your attempts.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country

Did to test it yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there