Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

SureCandle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

My Switch is homebrewed with Atmosphere 1.2.5. I put the files on my SD card. But when I boot the Gallery app, thus hbmenu, MissionControl doesn't appear in the list. So I don't really understand how to install it. I hope someone can help me.

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you put the files in SD card, it must be working, there is no app, it's a sysmodule, you only can manage this with telsa overlay and ovl-sysmodules @SureCandle

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi,

My Switch is homebrewed with Atmosphere 1.2.5. I put the files on my SD card. But when I boot the Gallery app, thus hbmenu, MissionControl doesn't appear in the list. So I don't really understand how to install it. I hope someone can help me.
As @Medel87 said above, Mission Control is primarily a background sysmodule. There is (currently) no app to run, the module is loaded automatically by Atmosphere on system boot and you use the native OS features to pair controllers just like you would with authentic Switch ones. If you need further instructions please refer to the readme

Reactions: Medel87

Dinko1310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Can i connect and use a ps3 wireless controller with missioncontrol on my switch. I use Atmosphere and i im on the last Firmware

SureCandle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As @Medel87 said above, Mission Control is primarily a background sysmodule. There is (currently) no app to run, the module is loaded automatically by Atmosphere on system boot and you use the native OS features to pair controllers just like you would with authentic Switch ones. If you need further instructions please refer to the readme

Ah, you're right. It already works by just putting the files on the SD card and rebooting. It works great with the Wii U Pro Controller, even the rumbling. Only the pointer which is sometimes needed in 3D World and Captain Toad doesn't work, as it won't move by moving the controller but I don't know if that's due to MissionControl or due to the controller lacking such motion controls.

(I forgot to check whether shaking the controller works.)

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, you're right. It already works by just putting the files on the SD card and rebooting. It works great with the Wii U Pro Controller, even the rumbling. Only the pointer which is sometimes needed in 3D World and Captain Toad doesn't work, as it won't move by moving the controller but I don't know if that's due to MissionControl or due to the controller lacking such motion controls.

(I forgot to check whether shaking the controller works.)
Both. Mission control doesn't currently support motion controls, but the Wii U Pro controller doesn't have them anyway.

You should also run the analog stick calibration on any previous-gen Nintendo controllers, due to them not providing factory calibration data like the switch controllers do.

Lesynn

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does MissionControl affect the switch pro controller / joycons aswell in terms of input lag? Like, does it increase the input lag for those controller or does MissionControl's bluetooth patches have no effect to those?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does MissionControl affect the switch pro controller / joycons aswell in terms of input lag? Like, does it increase the input lag for those controller or does MissionControl's bluetooth patches have no effect to those?
Technically yes, as extra instructions are introduced in intercepting incoming data reports. However, I highly doubt it's anywhere near significant enough that you could actually perceive a difference. As for the Bluetooth patches, they're just for enabling pairing of certain controllers and have no impact on the data received.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have an issue with my ps4 ds v2, it keeps vibrating even turning off the vibration.
Sounds like you need to update. Both the non-stop vibration and the disable vibration config option being ignored were bugs I've addressed in the past couple of releases.

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get this to work, my Switch is stuck on the Nintendo Switch logo. Just updated to Atmosphere 1.2.6, and there should be nothing wrong with my setup because it boots up normally if I remove Mission Control (by following the steps in OP)

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can't get this to work, my Switch is stuck on the Nintendo Switch logo. Just updated to Atmosphere 1.2.6, and there should be nothing wrong with my setup because it boots up normally if I remove Mission Control (by following the steps in OP)
Have you updated mission control to the latest version (0.6.4)?

Which other sysmodules do you have running? Can you show me your /atmosphere/contents directory?

Reactions: SkullHex2

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you updated mission control to the latest version (0.6.4)?

Which other sysmodules do you have running? Can you show me your /atmosphere/contents directory?
My bad, I downloaded v0.5.0 because it was the one linked in the OP.
Fun fact: this also happened a few moments later when I was updating Hekate (i.e. the version linked in the OP is not actually the latest), but for some reason I realized that was the case and went to the releases page instead of downloading an old version directly
it probably happened because the version I had installed was already newer that the one linked in OP, but in this particular case I hadn't tried Mission Control before so.. it just kinda slipped through, sorry

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My bad, I downloaded v0.5.0 because it was the one linked in the OP.
Fun fact: this also happened a few moments later when I was updating Hekate (i.e. the version linked in the OP is not actually the latest), but for some reason I realized that was the case and went to the releases page instead of downloading an old version directly
it probably happened because the version I had installed was already newer that the one linked in OP, but in this particular case I hadn't tried Mission Control before so.. it just kinda slipped through, sorry
Oh that's my bad. I didn't realise I was linking to a specific release on the first page. Fixed now, thanks for pointing that out.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
How's Xbox Series X/S controller compatibility going? I've been thinking about getting one for my PC and having them work on mission control eventually would be a deciding factor really

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi @ndeadly
Thank you again for your great job.
There is anyway to simulate joycons as ringfit on missioncontrol for ringfit game?
Thanks
I wasn't aware that the ringfit ring was any more than just a passive accessory with a slot for a joycon. Does the console actually see it as a separate controller? It's probably possible to fake it, but I would need to know how it behaves. I don't own one.

How's Xbox Series X/S controller compatibility going? I've been thinking about getting one for my PC and having them work on mission control eventually would be a deciding factor really
I haven't really touched the Bluetooth LE stuff neccessary to support these controllers in a while. It's next on my list after finishing the GUI components and motion control support that I've been working on lately. Some of the code I'm having to write to support motion controls should also solve a problem I'd been facing with making asynchronous LE requests, so with a bit of luck I can hit the ground running when I pick the LE stuff back up again.

I have no doubt I can support the new Xbox controllers eventually, but I can't really give a timeline for it. There are many small problems surrounding LE support that need to be solved. I won't be releasing anything until it's working reliably.

Last edited by ndeadly,
Reactions: Amirgh and Chuardo

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I wasn't aware that the ringfit ring was any more than just a passive accessory with a slot for a joycon. Does the console actually see it as a separate controller? It's probably possible to fake it, but I would need to know how it behaves. I don't own one.

I haven't really touched the Bluetooth LE stuff neccessary to support these controllers in a while. It's next on my list after finishing the GUI components and motion control support that I've been working on lately. Some of the code I'm having to write to support motion controls should also solve a problem I'd been facing with making asynchronous LE requests, so with a bit of luck I can hit the ground running when I pick the LE stuff back up again.

I have no doubt I can support the new Xbox controllers eventually, but I can't really give a timeline for it. There are many small problems surrounding LE support that need to be solved. I won't be releasing anything until it's working reliably.
Well thank you for the response, I'm going to get an official wireless X360 controller with a PC adapter at $17 that also works with Syscon, I already have one but I don't have the adapter so I can use both on Switch or PC, not that it matters to you all that much.
I actually own a Ring Fit, the left Joycon shows as a single vertical controller and the right Joycon shows as a horizontal controller on the Switch menu, the Ringfit ring on the place where you connect the right joy-con has a chip and a flex sensor inside the plastic rail, it uses extra hardware in there to see how much stretching and bending you are doing to it, the right Joycon by itself couldn't detect that. I don't think that's something that could be implemented via Mission Control at all in my opinion.

Reactions: Amirgh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse