Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
‌Great job man, MissioncontrolI is the most complete app that I ever seen on the Switch. I'm thankful you are still upgrading this software

EDIT: I test new version and My xbox one controller home button's Works well now,
On V 0.5 this button works sometimes,Was that only my problem or fixed in new version?
I'm not aware of any problems with the home button, and nothing has changed between 0.5.0 and 0.5.1 that I can think of that should have changed the behaviour of this controller. Think it might be a you problem

Reactions: Amirgh

aarstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, just wondering if this should work on the new Atmosphere release 0.20.0. Haven't tried updating yet. Thanks.

multisofteis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much for this project!
With all 4 of my Joycons being broken, it would've been a bad experience to play some coop games with friends. But fortunately your project enabled us to use their DS4 or Xbox controllers!

Reactions: ndeadly

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been using it with friends for Mario Kart and Screencheat and it worked flawlessy even the vibrations worked on the Dualsense, only Retroarch had problems but I think that isn't related to this software. Just wanted to write thank you.

Reactions: ndeadly

Jonhgopogi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I suspect that your issue is unrelated, as I see no reason for that hekate setting to affect anything related to mission control. Giving you the benefit of the doubt though...are you sure you're definitely running the latest mission control release from github? Black screens were something that popped up with the latest AMS release before I updated mission control to support it.
I have same issue on fw 12.0.3 but atmosphere boots and then fatal error if I remove the missioncontrol files then boots fine. It worked fine on 12.0.0 with no problems

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Updated to 12.1/ams 1 but now I get black screen after atmosphere Logo.
How's your SD formated? I don't think that plays a role but you never know
Do you have the latest version (0.5.1) of mission control installed? Are you running any other custom sysmodules? These kind of boot failures are usually caused by either a mismatch in libstratosphere ABI versions between atmosphere and mission control, or some other sysmodule creating a conflict.

Did anybody tested it with the new AMS 1.0.0 Version? Is it working? Wanna update, but need Mission Control
Yes it's working fine. Updates are usually only required when atmosphere is updated to supprt new firmware versions. The past few atmosphere releases have all targeted up to 12.1.0, so nothing has changed as far as mission control is concerned.

Last edited by ndeadly,
Reactions: mitcha

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi. I'm interested in using missioncontrol because it seems I can use my Wii U pro controller natively with this. I usually use 8bitdo USB wireless adapter (for my Wii U pro and also Dualshock 4). I also have 8bitdo Pro 2 that can connect right away (without dongle).

my question is, if I install this homebrew, will this affect my 8bitdo pro 2 connection and 8bitdo USB wireless adapter?
thank you for answering!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi. I'm interested in using missioncontrol because it seems I can use my Wii U pro controller natively with this. I usually use 8bitdo USB wireless adapter (for my Wii U pro and also Dualshock 4). I also have 8bitdo Pro 2 that can connect right away (without dongle).

my question is, if I install this homebrew, will this affect my 8bitdo pro 2 connection and 8bitdo USB wireless adapter?
thank you for answering!
No, there shouldn't be any negative effect on either of those. Bluetooth dongles handle the bluetooth connection themselves and forward the controls over USB. As far as the console is concerned a USB controller is connected, which Mission Control doesn't interact with currently. The 8bitdo controller will be seen by the switch as an official Pro Controller and communications will be passed through mostly untouched. Mission Control will also allow 8bitdo controllers to connect using XInput mode, which may improve the accuracy of the analog stick slightly over switch mode.

Reactions: arabtm

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
thank you for answering! I can't wait to try missioncontrol now :)

No, there shouldn't be any negative effect on either of those. Bluetooth dongles handle the bluetooth connection themselves and forward the controls over USB. As far as the console is concerned a USB controller is connected, which Mission Control doesn't interact with currently. The 8bitdo controller will be seen by the switch as an official Pro Controller and communications will be passed through mostly untouched. Mission Control will also allow 8bitdo controllers to connect using XInput mode, which may improve the accuracy of the analog stick slightly over switch mode.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Will "Gamecube mode (analog trigger support)" implement the triggers on the classic controller? Classic controller Pro? These are very.comfortable to me.
If it's possible sure, any controller with analog triggers can be supported. I have my doubts that there is any support for analog trigger data over bluetooth though. Just don't know the format used by USB to verify one way or another

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's possible sure, any controller with analog triggers can be supported. I have my doubts that there is any support for analog trigger data over bluetooth though. Just don't know the format used by USB to verify one way or another

I have a usb adapter for gc to pc. I have the nintendo gc adapter. Also the usb to xbox 360 adapter. Could i capture something to help figure this out? A real controller with analog triggers for trials would be amazing

Germania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ndeadly, my friend. How long do you think will it take for you to update MC to support the new firmware? I will test it out with the current version, but I am afraid too much was changed with the new firmware, since it came with support for bluetooth headsets, so it will most likely not work.

EDIT: Sadly, it does indeed not work, I simply get a blackscreen after the initial atmosphere boot splash screen. Waited for 10 minutes, nothing happened. I removed MC from the sd card and atmosphere booted properly again.

Last edited by Germania,
Reactions: almmiron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things