Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DS3 support wen?)
Via Bluetooth? Not for a long time, if ever. Other platforms that support DS3 controllers require modifications to the Bluetooth driver or separate drivers altogether to support the DS3's non-standards-compliant ways. Without the ability to compile our own Bluetooth driver, we just don't have that level of flexibility with the switch. Even if it could be done via binary patching or similar, I think the effort to reward ratio is just too high to make it worth my time.

Eventually, when mission control supports USB, you can expect the DS3 to be supported that way

shiraho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Via Bluetooth? Not for a long time, if ever. Other platforms that support DS3 controllers require modifications to the Bluetooth driver or separate drivers altogether to support the DS3's non-standards-compliant ways. Without the ability to compile our own Bluetooth driver, we just don't have that level of flexibility with the switch. Even if it could be done via binary patching or similar, I think the effort to reward ratio is just too high to make it worth my time.

Eventually, when mission control supports USB, you can expect the DS3 to be supported that way

Any chance you could add macro support to it? :d

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any chance you could add macro support to it? :d
Maybe, but it's low priority. Mission control is actually pretty simple in design and essentially just intercepts real packets, and translates them to the switch packet format and passes them on. The problem with adding macro support on-console (especially when we're not the driver) is that you've got real inputs coming in from physical controllers at the same time you're trying to generate an uninterrupted sequence of artificial inputs. To add this kind of thing would require separate threads, timers, locks, extra buffers etc. greatly increasing the complexity of the input processing and opening the door for synchronisation issues and instability. Then there's also the need to provide some sort of framework for actually specifying macros. It's not impossible, but it's a non-trivial amount of work to do it right for something I personally don't have much interest in. I won't be considering it until the rest of my roadmap has been cleared at least. If someone else were to prove it could be implemented cleanly within the constraints mission control is under I would consider accepting a PR though.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey @ndeadly thank you for this awesome sysmodule!

Is there anything we can do to help you with getting motions controls to work? i was doing a bit of testing with one of my devices (Titan Two) and i notice that it does interpret every single motion input (wired and wireless), so i don't know if there is some data I (or any of us) can extract to help you towards getting it working?

Or is it just waiting on you to move it up the priority list to start working on it?

Thank you again!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey @ndeadly thank you for this awesome sysmodule!

Is there anything we can do to help you with getting motions controls to work? i was doing a bit of testing with one of my devices (Titan Two) and i notice that it does interpret every single motion input (wired and wireless), so i don't know if there is some data I (or any of us) can extract to help you towards getting it working?

Or is it just waiting on you to move it up the priority list to start working on it?

Thank you again!

Adding basic motion control support itself is pretty trivial, the calibration is the part that needs work in order to make it usable. We need to be able to read the calibration data from each of the different controllers and convert it to something that resembles the format used by the switch. I started working on this a while ago but got a bit hung up on trying to relate the reverse engineering notes of the switch format to the info found in data sheets and how to convert between various units, coordinate systems etc. and haven't really had time to revisit it.

If someone were interested in trying to figure this stuff before I get back to it, I don't see the actual implementation in code being anything too crazy (except for maybe the wii motionplus. That thing has a whacky protocol for actually sending the data). It's more about getting the maths right.

It's more this than anything though. I've been preoccupied until recently with fixing the controller pairing that 12.0.0 broke.

fatmeegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Aheago Nope.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@ndeadly Just read the latest release notes. Thank you so much! Man, ive been waiting for this since 12.0.0. Keep up the great work mate...!

Reactions: ndeadly

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder if we can play Skyward Sword HD with the original wiimote motion plus and a nunchuck, is it even possible?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if we can play Skyward Sword HD with the original wiimote motion plus and a nunchuck, is it even possible?
Motion controls are not currently supported, but even if they were I don't know if it would be possible as the console would be expecting to see two different bluetooth devices for left and right joycon and I'm not sure how easily we could fake that.

Reactions: Asia81

ian0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works flawlessly on a DS4 controller thank you very much ndeadly,
a dimming or turn off DS4 light bar feature would be godly if possible
thank you very much again ndeadly

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

ian0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldnt make it work
1 opened missioncontrol.ini.template with txt
2 set true to both lines under [misc]
light is still on help

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
couldnt make it work
1 opened missioncontrol.ini.template with txt
2 set true to both lines under [misc]
light is still on help
You need to copy the template as missioncontrol.ini and a reboot is required for it to take effect. Did you do this?

Also make sure you've uncommented those lines you modified by removing the ; at the start

Last edited by ndeadly,

ian0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uncommented those modified lines by removing the ; at the start

worked
its godly godsent thanks

Last edited by ian0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nude checkers get jumped