Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wait, how do I turn on motion controls?
Motion controls are not supported yet. This comment was referring to an older version where I forgot to zero out the motion data that the switch expects, so random junk from memory was winding up there instead and causing games that use motion controls to go crazy

Reactions: Goginha

Arlisbloxer05

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arlisbloxer005.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Canada
This works absolutely flawlessly with everything I've thrown at it. Though honestly I can't wait for the configuration app to come out so my DS4v1 battery doesn't flatline within 5 hours bc of the lightbar.

One suggestion I'd like to provide would be colors for player 5 - 8 something like, Orange for 5, Cyan for 6, Yellow for 7 and Purple for 8. Its honestly a bit of a process to figure out who's Controller is who's between players 4 - 8

Other than that I really can't think of anything else that would enhance this mod any further that isn't already planned!

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it'd be a little confusing at first, but you could use the controller position lights as binary if 5 or more are connected

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This works absolutely flawlessly with everything I've thrown at it. Though honestly I can't wait for the configuration app to come out so my DS4v1 battery doesn't flatline within 5 hours bc of the lightbar.

One suggestion I'd like to provide would be colors for player 5 - 8 something like, Orange for 5, Cyan for 6, Yellow for 7 and Purple for 8. Its honestly a bit of a process to figure out who's Controller is who's between players 4 - 8

Other than that I really can't think of anything else that would enhance this mod any further that isn't already planned!
Does the lightbar really eat that much battery? I've never used the controller with it off to compare. IIRC someone released a fork that switches it off. Don't know if it's up to date with the latest version though.

Good suggestion. I didn't realise you could connect more than 4 full-key controllers at the time I wrote the DS4 code. I actually thought of the exact same set of colours myself (in almost the same order) for the event that more than 4 were required. I guess your post indicates that they are :P I'll add them for the next release.

it'd be a little confusing at first, but you could use the controller position lights as binary if 5 or more are connected
Not exactly sure what you mean by that? The switch already uses a binary pattern to determine which LEDs to switch on. There are predefined patterns for controllers 5-8 as it stands.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure what you mean by that? The switch already uses a binary pattern to determine which LEDs to switch on. There are predefined patterns for controllers 5-8 as it stands.
i had a watch that told time in binary with lights. each light was a digit in binary. like this
s-l640.jpg

EDIT: or is that how they work now? i guess i don't actually know because i haven't tested it. just blindly throwing out suggestions.

Last edited by enderer,

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i had a watch that told time in binary with lights. each light was a digit in binary. like this
s-l640.jpg

EDIT: or is that how they work now? i guess i don't actually know because i haven't tested it. just blindly throwing out suggestions.
Yes this is more or less how it works already

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how do you pair knock off wii u pro controller?
Just like any other controller. If it doesn't work then the hardware is probably incompatible. I've had a few reports of knock off WiiU controllers not working and from the logs I've seen they aren't even being seen during discovery by the OS.

maradona01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just like any other controller. If it doesn't work then the hardware is probably incompatible. I've had a few reports of knock off WiiU controllers not working and from the logs I've seen they aren't even being seen during discovery by the OS.
damn shame, ty for the response

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo