Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay here is the report.

It works well on Atmosphere (latest) on firmware 10.1.0 I tried a Xbox one S controller and a Wii U Pro controller. Both connected, Wii U Pro worked flawlessly, Xbox One had some weird issues, like, the buttons where strangely remapped. I tried to remap them with the option in System Settings but that didn't worked. Strange. But the Pro worked all right.

Now, changed to SX OS (latest) and sadly this doesn't work on SX OS. I hope you could, please, in the future, make this compatible with that CFW.

Thank you in advance!! Hope this helps anyone reading.

Reactions: MUDD_BR and KiiWii

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay here is the report.

It works well on Atmosphere (latest) on firmware 10.1.0 I tried a Xbox one S controller and a Wii U Pro controller. Both connected, Wii U Pro worked flawlessly, Xbox One had some weird issues, like, the buttons where strangely remapped. I tried to remap them with the option in System Settings but that didn't worked. Strange. But the Pro worked all right.

Now, changed to SX OS (latest) and sadly this doesn't work on SX OS. I hope you could, please, in the future, make this compatible with that CFW.

Thank you in advance!! Hope this helps anyone reading.

Update your xbox controller fw to the latest to fix it. Worked for a friend.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works great, do you think it’s possible other Xbox controllers to connect, like the 360. Just asking because I think I have one of those somewhere.

Edit
Never mind if the other controllers you mentioned aren’t going to work I doubt that the 360 will work.

I’m just glad you made one of my dreams come true wiimote support.

Last edited by fst312,

straumli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very impressive! What an amazing way to introduce yourself :-)

sxos users: sysmodules work just fine but detect them in different location compared to Atmosphere
/sxos/titles/

instead of:
/atmosphere/contents/

So simply make sure you drop the files in the right location, reboot and hope for the best

Reactions: CrazyRach82

Giosandoval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
sxos users: sysmodules work just fine but detect them in different location compared to Atmosphere
/sxos/titles/

instead of:
/atmosphere/contents/

So simply make sure you drop the files in the right location, reboot and hope for the best[/QUOTE]

Not working for me

Reactions: nWo

glowy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Niiiiiiiiice, probably means I bought my 8bitdo adapter a bit too soon :wink:
As of now my favorite piece of homebrew :)

Reactions: KiiWii

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, not working yet on SX OS.

EDIT: I also tried with a pirate Wii U Pro controller and it didn't work, not sure why, maybe the bluetooth is outdated? Perhaps that could be implemented, too in the future. (Third party controllers)

Check out this site by the way, no spam, just a good one for one gamer to others. No warez or nothing.

Last edited by nWo,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Amazing work, this is what I've been waiting for for years. Now my friends can bring their PS and XB controllers when visiting me to enjoy wireless play on the Switch.
Also supporting Wii and Wii U stuff is really great!

Any chance to add the Steam Controller too though?
It's got a bluetooth firmware update in 2018 and is usable on Android and Fire TV (Stick) too since then. That would be a nice addition for a future release. :)

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thank you! Amazing and pretty groundbreaking stuff!
To anyone curious, X360 controller ain't going to work cause it uses RF to communicate instead of BT, so leave it.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This works great, do you think it’s possible other Xbox controllers to connect, like the 360. Just asking because I think I have one of those somewhere.

Edit
Never mind if the other controllers you mentioned aren’t going to work I doubt that the 360 will work.

I’m just glad you made one of my dreams come true wiimote support.
360 is using Wi-Fi RF, not bluetooth.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And anything using Atmosphere-libs as core part of code won't work with SX OS. This is using Atmosphere-libs.

Last edited by masagrator,

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That's RF. Even the front led panel, where reciever is located is called RF module.
Though it doesn't make much difference regarding subgect.

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now if only Nintendo used something more standard for the WiiU gamepad than a 5Ghz n link...

Thanks for your incredible work!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks you a lot!!!

Btw does it support simultaneous work with the sys-con (USB gamepads) system module?
I've never used sys-con so I'm not sure. I think they should be fine to coexist. Nobody has mentioned any issues yet at least

This will be very useful:yaywii:

Does this also works with Ps3 controllers?
No PS3 support yet. The pairing process is nonstandard and more research is required to determine whether it can be done without butchering the Bluetooth stack.

Yeah, not working yet on SX OS.

EDIT: I also tried with a pirate Wii U Pro controller and it didn't work, not sure why, maybe the bluetooth is outdated? Perhaps that could be implemented, too in the future. (Third party controllers)

Check out this site by the way, no spam, just a good one for one gamer to others. No warez or nothing.

https://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=1734413
Third party controllers need to have their hardware ids whitelisted in order to be identified properly. You can use the btdb.nro homebrew included with the release to dump the Bluetooth database containing the ids

Any interest in adding support for Steam Controller? :rofl:
I'd love to see how certain games will play using the trackpad.

Amazing work, this is what I've been waiting for for years. Now my friends can bring their PS and XB controllers when visiting me to enjoy wireless play on the Switch.
Also supporting Wii and Wii U stuff is really great!

Any chance to add the Steam Controller too though?
It's got a bluetooth firmware update in 2018 and is usable on Android and Fire TV (Stick) too since then. That would be a nice addition for a future release. :)
Had a few requests for the Steam Controller now. I don't own one, but I'll add a handler for it in the near future if people help me get the control mappings correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: