1. impeeza

impeeza Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    SX OS no way unless THEY add support. You can open a support request with they. You pay for it. And they make the code close source so NOBODY can make anything compatible

The GameCube isn't bluetooth controller and this module. IS ONLY FOR BLUETOOTH controllers as stated on the readme

Man, this is HUGE thanks a lot for all your work

Last edited by impeeza, Aug 29, 2020
    mathew77 likes this.
  2. m3inard

m3inard GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    this is so cool! no need for 8bitdo

bonoboy likes this.
  3. NikkoKozukata

NikkoKozukata GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this is great

4. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Can someone tell me if this works on SX OS?

5. gohan123
    This message by gohan123 has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 30, 2020, Reason: Unnecessarily rude.
    Aug 29, 2020
  6. ndeadly

OP ndeadly GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's a hardware feature specific to Switch controllers. I'd love to be proven wrong.

I think the user is asking if it's possible to map controllers like Xbox One and Dualshock4 with analog triggers as a Gamecube controller. It might be possible, but I have no idea how they handle the analog triggers when connecting wired Gamecube controllers with the adapter.

lordelan and MUDD_BR like this.
  7. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Chile
    AFAIK it’s controlled by software, and so far only GRID Autosport make use of the GCN analog trigger.
    If the software isn’t designed for analog triggers, the GCN analog will only work as if they were digital.

Last edited by cucholix, Aug 29, 2020
  8. ndeadly

Australia
    Yeah, what I mean to say is, I have no idea where this data is being read from. The standard switch reporting format doesn't have the concept of analog triggers. I would imagine that games supporting this feature are still reading their inputs through the system hid module somehow.

lordelan and cucholix like this.
  9. bbert

bbert Member
    Newcomer

Philippines
    first of all. I wanna thank you sir for making this amazing homebrew feature. I loved it.
    and just wanna ask if configuring the analog deadzone is possible? maybe it can be implemented in future release.

10. ndeadly

Australia
    Cheers, glad you're enjoying it.

I'll add deadzone config in a future release once I have a setup in place for parsing config files and editing settings via the homebrew companion app. I think the switch already sets an outer deadzone on the controllers itself . No idea what percentage it uses by default though.

lordelan, MUDD_BR and bbert like this.
  11. huma_dawii
    This message by huma_dawii has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 30, 2020, Reason: Unnecessarily rude.
    Aug 29, 2020
  12. bad361
    This message by bad361 has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 30, 2020, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Aug 29, 2020
  13. MUDD_BR
    This message by MUDD_BR has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Aug 30, 2020, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Aug 29, 2020
  14. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    I seem to remember from the PC tool for modifying Joy-Con colours and other settings, that the standard controllers store their own deadzone settings in their own on-board memory, and it can be modified with said tool.

15. ndeadly

Australia
    Yeah it's stored in the SPI flash on real switch controllers and read each time you connect them. I fake this data at the moment and the switch seems to accept all 0xff for most reads, which corresponds to uninitialised data. I was surprised it didn't blow up in my face because I send this as calibration data too. Pretty much the only thing I need to set with real values is the controller body colour, or else the whole thing shows up white in the controller applet.

Thinking about setting up "emuSPI" in the future and redirecting the reads to a file on the SD. That way we could take advantage of the builtin HOS features for reading/writing this stuff. Eventually I would like to add a bunch of joycon toolkit like functions to my companion app. Gotta tackle all these user error reports first before I can get to work on that...

16. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    Yeah, I suppose it is, thanks anyway my friend, really good work! I´ll try it right now!!!

lordelan likes this.
  17. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    thanks! its awesome!

18. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Thank you, it would be great to have support from the OG developer instead of probably SX OS stealing the feature and calling it their own.

MUDD_BR likes this.
  19. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    I agree, and that´s a great feature any CFW will want.

20. evertonstz

evertonstz GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Smort. Providing config files to people in initial releases would make your debuging life hell on earth. I made this mistake with one project I used to work and the amount of "bugs reports" that were actually people misconfiguring stuff were like 95% of the complains.

ndeadly likes this.
  21. impeeza

impeeza Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    hippy dave likes this.
  22. awdrifter

awdrifter Member
    Newcomer

Antarctica
    It did not work for me (FW 10.0.4, SX OS 3.0.4 Beta). When I put the PS4 controller in pairing mode and pres L1 and R1, the Switch still can't recognize it.

It didn't work for me. I guess wait for someone else to patch it for SX OS.

Last edited by awdrifter, Aug 30, 2020
  23. haaskub

haaskub Member
    Newcomer

Thailand
  24. techx3

techx3 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    In sx the contents are called titles the same as in reinx and Atmosphere until SciresM was given because the name titles had a confusion and a content changed it. That is, sx / title and sx / exefs_patches and reboot to load the patches.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - MissionControl, controllers, Bluetooth