Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mission Control Crashes the entire switch on boot using the latest system update and latest Atmosphere. Seems it's still outdated on HBmenu.
14.0.0 AMS 1.3.0

Sadly had to remove it so I could use my switch, R.I.P my Wii U Pro Controller ;o;

Last edited by JayBae,

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Crashes the entire switch on boot using the latest system update and latest Atmosphere.
14.0.0 AMS 1.3.0

Sadly had to remove it so I could use my switch, R.I.P my Wii U Pro Controller ;o;
Yes this is known (and expected). Support is already pushed to the develop branch on github it you are capable of building for yourself. Otherwise just wait a day or two while I finalise the release.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes this is known (and expected). Support is already pushed to the develop branch on github it you are capable of building for yourself. Otherwise just wait a day or two while I finalise the release.
Alrighty, no issues! I can wait, I don't mind using my joycons, I'll live! Also thanx for the nifty app, it's the only one that works correctly. I'll be sure to get it again once it's ready to go again!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any chance you add a "Github Action" to the repository for us to directly download a develop build without cloning it and stuff?
I'll look into it. The thing at the moment with the way I use the develop branch is it's often not in a fully functional state for any given commit. If you're just after a working build based on the current commit with 14.0.0 support, I posted one here

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll look into it. The thing at the moment with the way I use the develop branch is it's often not in a fully functional state for any given commit. If you're just after a working build based on the current commit with 14.0.0 support, I posted one here
Hello! Does it support atmosphere 1.2.6? I see it only Support 1.2.5 so Im hoping it is supportive to 1.2.6 thank you

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by hippy dave,

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any game playable with the Wiimote? Lol. I have tried Quake and motion control certainly works, but since there's no way to recenter the view without the second joystick, it becomes a mess after 3 seconds.

I wish it could support Joycon motion control in the future, for games like World of Goo. It only supports one Joycon (with the worst re-centering button ever mapped), no Pro Controller, so Wiimote gets disconnected as soon as it gets to the menu.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm imagine simpler platformers like SM3DW and Captain Toad may work relatively well with just wiimote + nunchuk. This makes these games actually playable for me now without having to use the joycons :3

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Minor thing in case it's a typo, the release blurb says 14.1.0 support but the bullet point says Bluetooth patch for 14.0.0.
Anyway thanks for the continued hard work!
e: I realise this could be because the Bluetooth module didn't change in 14.1.0
Yes, this is indeed because the bluetooth module didn't change (and I wrote that before 14.1.0 was released). I guess I could add 14.1.0 to avoid any confusion. Thanks for pointing that out.

Is there any game playable with the Wiimote? Lol. I have tried Quake and motion control certainly works, but since there's no way to recenter the view without the second joystick, it becomes a mess after 3 seconds.

I wish it could support Joycon motion control in the future, for games like World of Goo. It only supports one Joycon (with the worst re-centering button ever mapped), no Pro Controller, so Wiimote gets disconnected as soon as it gets to the menu.
I haven't personally tried out any games with motion controls with the wiimote as I don't own a MotionPlus extension. Does the view normally require recentering that often, or does it seem like a problem with my motion code? If it's drifting faster than it normally would, this could indicate a bias not being removed properly from your gyro data (could be an error on my part, or could simply be the wiimote being inferior in some way to the Switch gyros). It could also be worth attempting a motion controls calibration to see if that corrects any potential errors.

I could potentially add a button combo to simulate an R3 press, but it would need to be something that was easy enough to pull off, yet unlikely to be pressed during normal gameplay etc for all games and ideally works with different combinations of extension controllers. If you have any suggestions let me know.

I'm imagine simpler platformers like SM3DW and Captain Toad may work relatively well with just wiimote + nunchuk. This makes these games actually playable for me now without having to use the joycons :3
I would be curious to know your experiences using it with various games :)

Last edited by ndeadly,

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I haven't personally tried out any games with motion controls with the wiimote as I don't own a MotionPlus extension. Does the view normally require recentering that often, or does it seem like a problem with my motion code? If it's drifting faster than it normally would, this could indicate a bias not being removed properly from your gyro data (could be an error on my part, or could simply be the wiimote being inferior in some way to the Switch gyros). It could also be worth attempting a motion controls calibration to see if that corrects any potential errors.

I could potentially add a button combo to similuate an R3 press, but it would need to be something that was easy enough to pull off, yet unlikely to be pressed during normal gameplay etc for all games and ideally works with different combinations of extension controllers. If you have any suggestions let me know.
No, it's a not a drifting issue, just normal game behavior I'd say. You are constantly recentering it since it uses the camera movement to do so. I guess it is not a good example for the poor Wii Remote Plus. I have to try Captain Toad.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would be curious to know your experiences using it with various games :)
Don't have the Switch versions for 3D World and Captain Toad, I stuck with the Wii U versions because of the control dilemma. I'm definitely interested in getting them at some point though and at least giving motion controls with Wiimote a try.

btw: do you think adapter or wii remote+ would make a difference? I recall some Wii homebrew really struggling with wii remote+ support while regular remotes (adapter or not) had no issues, so it's worth checking. Built-in motion controls vs adapter motion controls may require different handling.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, it's a not a drifting issue, just normal game behavior I'd say. You are constantly recentering it since it uses the camera movement to do so. I guess it is not a good example for the poor Wii Remote Plus. I have to try Captain Toad.

Good to know. Let me know if you have any ideas regarding a button combo that could be used as this may pop up in other games too.

And thanks for showcasing the new feature on your channel :)

btw: do you think adapter or wii remote+ would make a difference? I recall some Wii homebrew really struggling with wii remote+ support while regular remotes (adapter or not) had no issues, so it's worth checking. Built-in motion controls vs adapter motion controls may require different handling.
Both versions were tested. I think the only limitation is that the external MotionPlus attachment needs to be connected prior to connecting the controller to the console due to not triggering an "extension connected" status report. We saw some possible differences in reliability when initialising the MotionPlus, but otherwise both work as expected. There are still some occasional issues when connecting or disconnecting extension controllers with the MotionPlus involved, but they can be resolved by reconnecting and occur infrequently enough that I didn't think it warranted holding up the release.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There are still some occasional issues when connecting or disconnecting extension controllers with the MotionPlus involved, but they can be resolved by reconnecting and occur infrequently enough that I didn't think it warranted holding up the release.
Does this apply to Wii Remote+, or only the regular ones w/ motion+ addon?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does this apply to Wii Remote+, or only the regular ones w/ motion+ addon?
Both. The process of detecting all the different potential states and activating extension controllers and/or MotionPlus seems overly complicated and inconsistent. Some actions generate status update reports, other times we have to detect a change and manually request a status update. Timing also seems to play a role here. There are certain times after activating MotionPlus where things seem to be in some unsteady state and memory reads become unpredictable making it difficult to reliably determine which extension is present. Detecting the wrong state results in the wrong data reporting mode being used, or trying to interpret incoming data for the wrong extension. More testing is required to figure out exactly where the problems lie.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate