Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

Said0734

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Is there a way to make the wii mote pair as an joy con on vertical orientation? I tried doing the remapping but I have no clue of what to do with those codes , if I connect it like a joy con then i will probably be able to play smash.

Said0734

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Is there a way to make the wii mote pair as an joy con on vertical orientation? I tried doing the remapping but I have no clue of what to do with those codes , if I connect it like a joy con then i will probably be able to play smash.
Sorry, I meant horizontal orientation

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Currently, no. It's possible to do but it creates a bunch of annoying edge cases that I'm not sure how to deal with. What do you hope to achieve in having it identify as a joycon though? It's functionally almost identical to a pro controller as far as handling the inputs goes. The wiimote is already mapped in horizontal orientation when no extension controller is connected. The only real benefit that I can see would be having games that only work with joycons accept it, but that's not the case with smash anyway.

If you just want to map the buttons to something other than the defaults set by mission control, you can take a look at the code to see how they're mapped.

Last edited by ndeadly,
Reactions: Amirgh

DannX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The only real benefit that I can see would be having games that only work with joycons accept it
I just wanted to add that at least Astral Chain (probably other games too) only allow co-op multiplayer using the joycons in horizontal orientation, for some odd reason, so this might be indeed a useful feature, though I understand it is hard to implement, still thank you so much for your hard work on this amazing sysmodule!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just wanted to add that at least Astral Chain (probably other games too) only allow co-op multiplayer using the joycons in horizontal orientation, for some odd reason, so this might be indeed a useful feature, though I understand it is hard to implement, still thank you so much for your hard work on this amazing sysmodule!
Yeah, that's what I was referencing above. I've done some work on it already and it works, but there are issues that need addressing. It seems like you can only set the hold orientation at the application level, so there's no way for Mission Control to force controllers to behave as horizontal joycons, or to find out which orientation is being used. This is problematic because the controls are rotated 90 degrees between the two. I doubt anyone wants to hold their DS4 etc sideways...

Last edited by ndeadly,
Reactions: Amirgh

franklinyyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, does it work with the latest HOA (12.0) and Atmosphere?
I just updated and wasn't sure if it was mission control that's throwing me the error code.
Thanks!

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, does it work with the latest HOA (12.0) and Atmosphere?
I just updated and wasn't sure if it was mission control that's throwing me the error code.
Thanks!
No, it's currently broken on 12.0.0. It can be recompiled with the latest libstratosphere to solve the crash on boot, but 12.0.0 completely overhauled how a lot of the bluetooth service works under the hood, and third-party contollers no longer work. I'll need to spend some time reverse engineering it again. Unfortunately I'm kinda busy in my personal life at the moment so can't dedicate a huge amount of time to it over the next few weeks.

I may however make an interim pre-release in the meantime to support the atmosphere 0.19.0 update on firmwares < 12.0.0. I have some new stuff I was planning to release before 12.0.0 dropped anyway

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
No, it's currently broken on 12.0.0. It can be recompiled with the latest libstratosphere to solve the crash on boot, but 12.0.0 completely overhauled how a lot of the bluetooth service works under the hood, and third-party contollers no longer work. I'll need to spend some time reverse engineering it again. Unfortunately I'm kinda busy in my personal life at the moment so can't dedicate a huge amount of time to it over the next few weeks.

I may however make an interim pre-release in the meantime to support the atmosphere 0.19.0 update on firmwares < 12.0.0. I have some new stuff I was planning to release before 12.0.0 dropped anyway
take your time , your HB is a must have for retro plays and not only.
i'm sticking with older fw just for the pleasure the icade procure ;)

Reactions: lieder1987

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you ndeadly. I have to send the Xiaomi Black Shark Joycon data one of these days. They are probably the best quality Joycons I've ever used (far better than N ones, thats for sure).

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
MissionControl does not recognize GamerSir G4s what can I do to be recognized
Which firmware? Pairing of some controllers may be broken under 12.0.0 with the 0.5.0 pre-release (you can downgrade to a lower firmware to pair as a workaround). I'm not sure of the actual steps to connect that controller, so also check with the manual that you're doing it correctly. If it has multiple modes you usually want one labelled PC/Android/HID mode.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any way to control the intensity of vibration?, I find it very high in the dualsense.
Not for the end user at the moment. If you want to compile it yourself you could always add a scaling factor to this function https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionC...urce/controllers/dualsense_controller.cpp#L59

I don't own a dualsense to see how it actually behaves, but it has been stated that rumble is a work in progress. I haven't really figured out how to map the HD rumble to normal rumble motors in an optimal way. Each different controller also has it's own set of rumble motor characteristics too. You'll probably find that some rumble patterns are too strong while others are too soft.

Last edited by ndeadly,

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you kindly sir, i was deciding to buy a Bluetooth sender to be able to connect my Microsoft controller. Found this by pure coincidence =-)

Does this work on Undocked mode? Or its only for docked gameplay. Thanks again.

Also what is the - Button on Microsoft Xbox S controller?

Last edited by DoubleDate,
Reactions: JonJaded

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you kindly sir, i was deciding to buy a Bluetooth sender to be able to connect my Microsoft controller. Found this by pure coincidence =-)

Does this work on Undocked mode? Or its only for docked gameplay. Thanks again
You're welcome :). It works in both. As far as the console is concerned, you're just connecting a Pro Controller

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You're welcome :). It works in both. As far as the console is concerned, you're just connecting a Pro Controller

Thanks for the quick reply. I try to press the middle buttons on the Xbox S controller for - or + and nothing happens. Its the 2 buttons below the big X circle.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the quick reply. I try to press the middle buttons on the Xbox S controller for - or + and nothing happens. Its the 2 buttons below the big X circle.
You probably need to update your controller firmware. The button layout format was changed in some firmware revision, and I only support the latest one. See the FAQ for more info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end