1. ndeadly

OP ndeadly GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Just installed the latest Retroarch on my switch (HOS 11.0.1, AMS 0.17.0, MC 0.4.1) and can confirm my DS4 works without issue. It must be some problem with your setup.

2. britain4

britain4 GBAtemp Fan

I’ve had a similar problem with my setup today but with all controllers inc the DS4, I wiped and redownloaded all my controller configs and rolled back to the latest stable PCSX core and one of those 2 things fixed it for me

3. jesus96

jesus96 Pinkboi

Mexico
    Man thank you so much for this you save me from buying controllers again since i had a wii u pro controller and even the non oficial ones work as well,again thanks you are the best :yay:

ndeadly likes this.
  4. lieder1987

lieder1987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is kind of a mission Control and retroarch question. Is there a way to hotkey to the retroarch arch menu from an xbox controller through mission control? Did some googling, and nothing is giving me an answer.

5. ndeadly

Australia
    Not quite sure exactly what you mean there. Are you asking about a means to return to the retroarch menu from within retroarch? A global shortcut to bring up retroarch?
    While it might be possible to monitor button presses from MissionControl to perform certain actions like launching an applet, I think this kind of thing is a bit out of scope for the project.

6. lieder1987

United States
    This. WHen in retroarch and using the switch the + and - pressed together while in a rom will bring up the menu. There seems to be no way to do this using a different controller. Nothing against the software, just wasnt sure if anyone had figured out a method.

The software is amazing, and if there is no solution all I have to do is turn off the controller and do it from the switch.

7. ndeadly

Australia
    I don't see why it should be any different for any other controller, assuming it has something mapped to + and -. I just launched retroarch now and tried it with my xbox controller. Pressing the view and menu buttons together brings up the quick menu, which I assume is what you're talking about.

8. lieder1987

United States
    yeah that is what I am talking, about, not sure why its not working for me...oh well. Ill keep fiddling with it.

9. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Is it possible to connect 8 full joycons using this?

10. ndeadly

Australia
    Full joycons meaning left/right pairs (16 joycons in total)? If so, then no. The switch only supports a total of 8 controllers connected simultaneously, regardless of whether the joycons are linked together as a single controller or not.

11. blend800

blend800 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hello work this with Atmosphère 0.18.0 ?

12. ndeadly

Australia
    Yep, latest version works with 0.18.0

13. blend800

blend800 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Thanks work for me

14. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

United Kingdom
    Looking forward to when per controller configs are implemented.. more specifically the ability to adjust analog deadzones, my clone switch pro controller's analog sticks are way too sensitive :P If I hold right on my analog stick and let go.. it doesn't return to centre like it should it flicks to the left and registers as left press. I think the analog spring isn't sturdy enough. It's a pita when playing platformers. lol

15. Clapmaster

Clapmaster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Man I'm super excited for rumble support. This program is amazing! No longer have to mess around with pairing to my 8bitdo adapter. Thank you so much ndeadly!

16. Fadi5555

Fadi5555 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Please is there anything new about supporting ps3 controller? Because it’s been a while since that.

17. Relax_Max

Relax_Max Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    Hi, great project you have going here. Enables people to be more minimalistic, if I could say.. Pointless to have more controllers to the only benefit of Nintendo' wallet.

I was wondering if you could add support for Razer Raiju Mobile controller? It's built for Android out of the box, so unsure if you would need a whole new hook for it or just mapping values. It also supports xinput.

I was going to add a request/issue on GitHub, but figured I would ask for correct format here first.

This controller actually paired with the Switch on first attempt, recognized as a Pro controller in btdb.nro . However the controller blinked red (obviously indicating something is not right) when trying to "ping it" via Controllers>Change Grip>Search.
    Then in Hid Report Viewer the context is "No report data".
    So I tried to delete the Bluetooth database with btdb.nro, to further debug myself. But funny thing is that now I can't pair it at all no more. Leaving me confused how I even managed to pair it the first time :P

So is there any offical formating on controller requests? What do you need etc.

18. ndeadly

Australia
    Please stop asking about this. I have already explained the situation, and I am not investing any time into it. If anything changes you will hear about it. DS3 support will likely come via USB long before Bluetooth (if at all).

Sure, no problem! I already have support for some Razer controllers, so it's quite possible whitelisting the hardware ID of the controller is all that's needed. Your description of the issue does sound a little odd though. I would not expect the controller to appear as a Pro Controller in the database shown by btdb, since it has not been designed for Switch at all. Are you sure you weren't mistaking an entry from an actual Pro Controller for this one? If the controller successfully pairs but isn't matched against a whitelisted entry, it should appear in the controller applet as a pro controller with red buttons. You should also be able to see the data it sends in HID Report Viewer. If you are not seeing this it sounds like the controller isn't completing the pairing. The manual seems to suggest there are multiple Bluetooth modes. Have you messed around with these?

I don't have any official format for controller requests (I should really get around to creating a template on github one of these days...) Just go ahead and open an issue. The fact that you're even asking about it here shows you're already giving it more thought than most :P

The most important thing I need is a hardware ID (vid/pid) for whitelisting the controller. A screenshot of the btdb output is enough. If the controller doesn't use a known report format then I'll also need a transcription of the packets seen via HID Report Viewer. Additional info such as whether the controller has support for rumble or motion controls, player leds etc can also be useful, though not required for adding basic support. You could also include information about any special button combo or mode you had to use to get the controller to pair for the sake of other users with the same controller.

Let's continue this exchange on github.

Last edited by ndeadly, Feb 22, 2021
    lordelan likes this.
  19. Amirgh

Amirgh Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Bro,Any news about Rumble support?

20. ndeadly

Australia
    I've had it working for major console controllers for some months now. Other controllers will depend on whether people can provide me with information about their output report format. There is definitely some room for improvement, which is why I haven't released anything yet. I know it's a highly anticipated feature, but with the core of it out of the way it's just not a very interesting problem to work on from a dev point of view. I recently implemented reading settings from a config ini though, so I may release something soon now that users who aren't happy with the current state can just disable it.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - MissionControl, controllers, Bluetooth