Missing Space

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jagviper, Jul 26, 2007.

Jul 26, 2007

Missing Space by jagviper at 7:46 PM (625 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. jagviper
    OP

Member jagviper GBAtemp Regular

I just deleted a game off of my M3 Lite (Kingston 1 GB Micro SD). The game deleted (I can not see the game on the card through reader, my m3, or manually browsing it), but there was an error. The problem is that space that the game took up is still being taken up, like the game is still there. Also if it helps, i had to manually delete the save file. Any ideas about what to do? Oh and i used the latest GM. Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

2. betawind

Member betawind GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Jagviper,

The best suggestion I could give you would be to format the card using the SD Card Association's format utility The download you will want is "sdfv2000.exe".

Hope this helps,

~Beta

3. Nintendo Maniac

Member Nintendo Maniac GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Actually, you can fix this without any special software. Simply copy or move the data off the SD card into a folder somewhere on your hard drive, then do a quick format (erase) to the SD card. Then just copy or move all the contents back onto the card.

4. betawind

Member betawind GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Perhaps its just me, but I've had really random luck using Windows to do the formatting of my card. I've had it hang or flat out fail randomly. I've never had any problems with the utility though.

5. jagviper
    OP

Member jagviper GBAtemp Regular

Just quick formatting it with windows worked for me, no freezing or failing. I guess i was just lucky