Question Missing notifications.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason i visit the site, i noticed i have received notifications, but there only a few when there should be more. How do i know there should be more? Well cause i see many people replied to threads i have watched, To be honest if i counted enough of the notes i should have compared to what i get, i should have more than at least 10 but only get about 3 or 7. But it always depends on what it is.

I am always notified of my mane tagged in comments, messages written on my profile as well as others i commented on, Conversations received but unread, people who has followed me, and qotes made. But Just common replies to watched threads gets lacking in notes.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this might be relevant to another issue I had and asked about but didn't get much of a response where if people double post you dont get a notification from that post or any future ones until you read the thread again. though I dont know if that has been fixed yet

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's caused by not viewing the latest post in a thread when you got a notification previously. Go to any thread you're following that you haven't read the latest post of and view the newest post. Notifications will start appearing again.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you watch a thread and get a notification but do not read the thread then additional notifications might not happen.

Or do you mean if 10 people reply to a watched thread you might only get the first one and the other 9 are missing (assuming they do not quote you or @ you)? Because that would be a feature rather than a bug from where I sit.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens like this...

See only two notes for this post and i been here activly. I even get random notes for places i wasn't active, is just random.

Chrome_20160810_181144.png

Reactions: Deleted-379826
D

Deleted-379826

Whoa, someone is v-triggered, calm down sir. :P

Is just a question i was curious about. I also will add when i check the full list of notes it also doesn't appear, not just the little tool bar drop down in the top right.
Nah I wasn't I just ment it gets annoying after I bit lol

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It happens like this...

See only two notes for this post and i been here activly. I even get random notes for places i wasn't active, is just random.

View attachment 58681
Yes, it'll only show a notification for the newest post that you haven't read. If you read that post and somebody else posts, you'll get another notification. If you haven't read that post and somebody else posts, you won't get a notification.

D

Deleted-379826

Yeah I've figured it out its just that sometimes and forget and we'll... it's annoying

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, if that is the case, still is a question, is it a problem, a bug, glitch in the system, was it intended to be that way? I can accept responses to those questions if it is a problem acknowledge and will be tried to fix. or intended to be that way. That is all i wanted to know. Nothing personal or negative. :)

If so why is it that only common replies are like this and other kinds of notes aren't? That lead me to think it may been a system problem, not user problem.

D

Deleted-379826

Okay, if that is the case, still is a question, is it a problem, a bug, glitch in the system, was it intended to be that way? I can accept responses to those questions if it is a problem acknowledge and will be tried to fix. or intended to be that way. That is all i wanted to know. Nothing personal or negative. :)

If so why is it that only common replies are like this and other kinds of notes aren't? That lead me to think it may been a system problem, not user problem.
From what I've seen (Although I do question it once or twice) that's just the way it is

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I don't know exactly how GBAtemp's back end works, but it's likely intended to prevent users from being spammed with tons of notifications.

It only shows a notification for a single unread post in each watched thread. If it showed a notification for each post, you could potentially get 100 from a single thread and if you got a single notification from another thread, it'd be buried and you wouldn't see it.

The problem with the system is that if you click the notifications icon, and don't read the post, you'll stop receiving notifications for that thread until you read the post. The better way to do it would be to send a notification for each un-notified thread. I.e. if I click the notifications and remove them, it'll send me another notification for those threads when a new post is made, even if I haven't read the latest post; but only if a thread is un-notified.

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, i'm quoting this