Missing Moderators

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by kevan, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2011

Missing Moderators by kevan at 4:37 AM (689 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. kevan
    OP

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Yes this is a serious thread.

How come Toni is still a supervisor but he isn't active?
    Not that I care really just wondering.

2. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    We still see Toni from time to time, but sadly he has a few IRL issues that he has to tend to before he can return to us. It's a situation that crops up with many of our staff members.
    We all love and respect Toni very much, and hope that he's able to return soon, so we're not about to strip him of his rank at this point.

3. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    So um..... any chance GBATemp is looking for new moderator (any, not just global) staff soon?

4. Vulpes Abnocto

United States
    I've not heard any mention of us looking for new staff at this point, but then again those seem to be pretty spontaneous.
    We (moderators, that is) never know when the search will begin in earnest.

5. Xuphor

United States
    Ah, gotcha.
    On that note, I'll move this to GBATemp.net Discussions, and give it a more appropriate title.

6. Vulpes Abnocto

United States
    Hey now, that's supposed to be my job....

7. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    One of the requirements is that you never ask to be mod.
    Directly or indirectly.
    Doing so immediately voids your chances foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever.

8. Xuphor

United States
    I understand [​IMG]

9. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    From time to time the staff that volunteer to help here for free get preoccupied with real life. Just because that happens it doesn't mean they are any less suited for their position than people who have the time to be here more regularly.

There is nothing else to really discuss here.

Thread closed.

10. Vulpes Abnocto

United States
    Just one last thing:

[​IMG]

11. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Just one more last thing:

..crap I forgot what I was gonna say.

12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I'm a forum cop. I very rarely announce that I'm the one who busted you for a forum infraction. But if I do bust you, don't take it personally, I'm just enforcing the rules, as I was entrusted to do. I don't look at the name of the person I'm busting, just the infraction that person perpetrated, and in some cases, the post count that person has when I dole out my punishment.

I work during the week again now, so I'm not around as much as I used to be.....mostly weekends, but not exclusively. My specialty is oversized sigs and ava's and black-and-white infractions, which is to say, obvious stuff. I tend to let other mods handle the more obscure stuff....the grey area in our grey area, so to speak.

Now, I'd like to think of myself as a nice guy when it comes to busting people. For instance, I tend to let it slide when people disagree with my (admittedly biased) opinions and leave their harsh retorts to my rants in my blogs, because I am an honest person and I would do the same thing if the situation was reversed. I am nothing if not honest and I respect other people's opinions, even if I don't agree with them. But don't be surprised if I argue back a bit, or not.

I really don't like punishing people for infractions, and to be honest, I tend to go easy on you guys most of the time, but there are some things I WILL NOT tolerate. I already mentioned sigs and ava's when I catch them.....let me re-iterate those rules here, because many people seem to misunderstand them:

The maximum combined file size for all graphics in a member's avatar and signature is: 80Kb
    Members may distribute this 80Kb however they wish (Example: 30Kb avatar/50Kb sig, 50Kb avatar/25Kb sig, etc.

I just remove those over 80K infractions when I encounter them (sometimes I give a verbal warning first if it's a newer user and give them the chance to fix their error) but the other main thorn-in-my-side is ROM links and asking for same. Those get ZERO TOLERANCE from me. I catch you doing that and you WILL be suspended for a minimum of 3 days.....longer if you have enough posts to know better.

I am Moderayder, watch your ass. I'm like the cop that hides in ambiguous places, ready to bust you if you screw up and I'm there to see it. Read the forum rules, follow them, and you'll be fine. Break the blatantly obvious rules, and I catch you, woe be unto you. I am not only a Moderayder, I am a Global Moderayder, that means I see ALL of you and can moderate ANY of you, no matter what sub-forum you post in. Your only saving grace is that when I read "View New Posts" that your thread was not interesting enough for me to look into to catch you at your shenanigans.

It's all impersonal and unbiased, don't hate me for doing my job as I am obliged to do it. It's what I've been entrusted to do. I don't hate any of you will never purposely punish you unfairly. I promise you that.

One of my favorite quotes, as it (loosely) applies to my duties here, is from "Bruce Almighty"......"I work in back, I see no smiles." The only difference is that I don't pick my nose in public or on camera. [​IMG]

EDIT: In before the (or rather during) the lock. BOOYAH!

13. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Just one last thing...

Does anyone have any Jammie Dodgers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.