Hacking Missing FBI, HBL, .cias, custom themes... after a long time of the 3DS being shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obnew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hello.

Around summer, I left the battery out of the 3DS to replace it with a new one. In that time, I have not touched absolutely anything on my 3DS nor my SD card other than leaving the battery out of the console (and obviously turned everything off). Before I did that, everything was normal, I had all my cias, FBI, HBL, custom themes, etc.

But just a few days ago, I bought a new battery, put it in the console, turned on the 3DS... just to see that almost all the content, including FBI, HBL, Cias, and custom themes were all gone (the theme reset to the default white one), the 3DS's clock also reset to 1/1/2011 0:00... with a few exceptions.

Even though almost all was gone, I still had Mario 3D Land and tomodachi life installed (my guess is because those are legit .cias), and besides I could still had access to the Luma configuration at boot, things like GodMode9 ore SafeBS9Installer and also the HBL using the Rosalina method.
At this point, I thought the problem was my SD card, so I put it on my PC, and it was totally fine, everything was there, including all the games I had downloaded (I knew it because of the file size). So at this point, I remembered that, when I turned on the 3DS after putting the battery, the lower screen pop-up a message saying "Creating HOME Menu Management information", so it's like the 3DS believes I put a new SD card on it, which is not true, I haven't changed absolutely anything.

So my question is if there's a way to restore all the stuff I had, or at least let the 3DS recognise all the things that I have in the 3DS? Let me know if you need more information.

I tried this https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-cfw-icons-gone.488755/ and this https://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-la...p-from-main-menu-suddenly-disappeared.477577/, but even though those are similar problems, it's still not exactly the same as mine.

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the SD card faulty or missing? And that part about the clock resetting was very likely caused by the battery change. Try opening god mode9 and see if it asks you to reset the date and time.

Obnew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is the SD card faulty or missing? And that part about the clock resetting was very likely caused by the battery change. Try opening god mode9 and see if it asks you to reset the date and time.

The SD Card is totally fine, the PC can read it and I can add/delete data, aswell as in the 3DS itself (proof for this is that Mario 3D Land and Tomodachi are stored in the SD Card and both work fine.). Godmode9 does not ask me anything actually, when I open it it shows a list with things like "SYSNAND, SD CARD...etc"

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. well I know for a fact that the date and time was caused by the battery change. do you have the old battery? try putting it in the 3DS.

Obnew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Huh. well I know for a fact that the date and time was caused by the battery change. do you have the old battery? try putting it in the 3DS.
No, unafortunately, it swelled and I had to get rid of it.

PixelatedIvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is Rosalina Menu still accessible?
- If you do, go to Download Play, press the buttons at the same time: L + Down(D-Pad) + Select, go to miscellaneous and click "Switch the hb. title to current app" (this is temporary), click the home button, and press close, when you go back into the app you will have the homebrew channel (until next time you go onto the app). Download the FBI 3dsx and use that to redownload everything.

Do you have boot.firm on your SD Card?
- If not, download it here, put it on the root of your SD Card, and use the Rosalina Menu above.

Does Godmode9 still work?
- If it does, it means you probably still have Luma on NAND, so you will probably need to get a new boot.firm

If none work, just try opening safeb9sinstaller again, and see what comes up, if it says boot9strap - Install success! (or something along those lines), you probably still have cfw, if it says you have Arm9LoaderHax, use this guide to download boot9strap

Last edited by PixelatedIvan,

Obnew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Nevermind, it seems that for some reason my SD card just did not want to read the files on the SD that day... *facepalm *I locked the SD's switch up, and then down again and pretty much all my stuff went back to the home menu! But even then not all appeared, some minor apps I had where gone, but I still could restore the apps I wanted. Thanks to everyone who contributed, and sorry for sorry for the inconvenience. You may close this thread if you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P