misinstalled cia to NAND of Sysnand

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by emuashui, Apr 30, 2016.

1. emuashui
    OP

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    As in title, in Pasta sysnand i mis-installed bbm to NAND, oh..

What next should i do, undo by uninstall that cia at NAND ? Or let it there untouched and reboot? ...

Edit: rebooted 2 times successfully, can still run cia. Does it mean still not soft bricked?

Should i do nothing, or sth like delete the wrong installed cia, or upgrade to 10.7 and then downgrade again, then use emunand9 to restored emunand backup?

Last edited by emuashui, May 1, 2016
  2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Find and delete it do not reboot

3. ErixGamer

ErixGamer Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2016
    Netherlands
    Depends on what cia you installed

4. emuashui
    OP

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    2 pairs of bbm observed...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or, should i upgrade online to 10.7 then downgrade to 9.2 again?
    Nnid in emunand already backed up. New3dsXL.

Attached Files:

5. emuashui
    OP

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Help... what if i upgrade to 10.7 and then downgrade again, then use emunand9 to restored emunand backup, which has my nnid?

Will the emunand backup be successfully to a newly created emunand with still fully functional nnid?

If not, that means such emunand restore without the previously working nnid coming back is meaningless.

6. emuashui
    OP

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    1. Or... can i get a fresh normal sysnand back by simply running TinyFormat (just like when doing NANDs unlinking) ?

7. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    why havent you switch to a9hl

emuashui likes this.
  8. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
    If the title installed to NAND didn't create a problem now, that's already good, the risk is lower. I would still delete it though, it can cause future problems with sysupdater and NAND backups. I found your comments and post to be very confusing, so I couldn't tell what your setup is, but you should be able to uninstall it using FBI 2.0.

emuashui likes this.
  9. emuashui
    OP

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    ic, Setup: n3dsxl, sysnand 9.2, emunand 10.7, non-a9lh.

Symptom: after misinstallation of a cia bigbluemenu to NAND of sysnand (Pasta), 2 pairs of bbm were observed installed, 1 pair at location CTR-NAND, cf. post #4.

Despite that, still managed to reboot > 2 times successfully, can still run cia.
    Still, can enter menuhax, hbl, Pasta to sysnand, luma to emunand(with valid nnid).
    Can run 3ds cards.
    No hanging met.

Yet I agree with KaduPSE that the sysnand is messed up slightly, i dare not run any of the bbm lest unpredicted behaviour might happen.

If the misinstallation was made in that so-called CTR-NAND, i dont know how to return it to its original image, that is why i am afraid to delete the misinstalled cia.

And i still could not tell what impact now. Maybe i need to consider to do system transfer of the emunand to elsewhere?

10. emuashui
    OP

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    [QUOTE="emuashui, post: 6302599, member: 380582"And i still could not tell what impact now. Maybe i need to consider to do system transfer of the emunand to elsewhere?

[/QUOTE]

Which of the options below should i do (or not to do)? Much appreciated:
    1. do system transfer of the emunand (with working nnid) to another machine before any bad occurs
    2. use Tinyformat to reset sysnand (relevant?)
    3. uninstall the cia from NAND of sysnand (dangerous?)
    4. restore sysnand backup (but i dont know how to do it without hard-mod (?) )
    5. ignore all actions, just avoid doing further cia installation to NAND of sysnand.
    6. upgrade sysnand to 10.7 then downgrade back to 9.2 (relevant?)
    7. do a9lh installation it is time now?
    Thanks

11. emuashui
    OP

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
  12. Cinnamon

Cinnamon GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2014
    Norway
    I've installed FBI and BBM to SysNAND/NAND before and I only had to uninstall them after I used them. Just be VERY CAREFUL to actually delete the correct CIA.

emuashui likes this.
  13. emuashui
    OP

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Seems we and some others deleted the *correct* cias from NAND of sysnand and nothing bad comes after restart.

After deleting, i further used Tinyformat to reset sysnand (like unlinking nands), though i am not sure whether this is a relevant action or not. But i hope this misinstallation issue will not affect down/upgrade during future a9lh / cfw installation.

Last edited by emuashui, May 2, 2016