Misc newb questions regarding Haxchi powered Custom Firmware (no coldboot)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Aglae Pheryl, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Hi,

I have installed Haxchi/HBC on our WiiU using one of the Zelda games we owned. I have not installed coldboot as I read it could eventually brick the console if the game was deleted (or something like this).

So every time we boot up the console we have to go to Hackchi before launching a game we installed or can we just launch the game? To be honest we tried launching a couple directly after boot and it worked fine.

We used to have the Vwii patched on this console but since we used a different SDcard to install this hack, I suppose we have to this all over too for it to work, do we?

As I said we installed a couple of games for testing (created a folder for each one in root/install and put the .cert, . tik, .tmd, .app & .h3 directly underneath at the root of the game folder). It took a while but it installed fine on our USB key (that acts as extra storage). We wanted to try a couple more games but we are getting an error message that they cannot be installed - something like they require a signature patch. Is it something we are doing wrong (we are trying to install them by going to Hackchi (holding A to boot into the menu & then choosing the latest wupinstaller). We even tried an older version of Wupinstaller. So, what are we doing wrong?

Finally, can we use the same hard drive as external storage taht we used for the Wii/Vwii (it is formatted as Fat32 I believe (or NTFS I don't remember) and holds Wii games in a wbfs folder?

Thanks,

2. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Never mind the signature patch error message for other games. I was not aware Haxchi had to be launched once without holding A and relaunched a second time while holding A.
    This seems to work now.

Other questions stand though, that is:
    Do we need to reinstall the VWii patches since we changed the internal SD card for the WIiU ?
    Should we launch Haxchi upon each reboot to play the titles we have installed through WUP GX2 installer ?
    Can we share the same external USB hard drive that we use for Vwii/Wii ?

Thanks.

3. Dark Ronin

Dark Ronin GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2015
    Russia
    1. No, you don't. You patched vWii's nand, that does not have anything to do with your SD-card.
    2. If the game you installed is out of your region, don't have ticket or contains dlc's you didn't purchase - yes, you have to. In other cases it is unnecessary.
    3. No. I recommend you to stop using vWii as pretty much every title can be converted to WiiVC, installed to WiiU HDD and launched right from WiU menu. No more vWii mode.

Aglae Pheryl likes this.
  4. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    Thanks so much. Knowledge improving :)
    When you say can be converted to WiiVC, can you point 'THE' thread explaining all that...
    Would this work with Gamecube titles as well (Nintendont) ?

5. Dark Ronin

Oct 5, 2015
    Russia
    Aglae Pheryl likes this.
  6. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    I liked to play them on the Wii since we could hook up the NGC joysticks...
    Thanks again for all the info. I'll be sure to look at the thread and do a little research on the subject.

Dark Ronin likes this.
  7. Dark Ronin

Oct 5, 2015
    Russia
    There again, you can play them with original NGC joysticks on wiiU using official Nintendo's GC to USB adapter, which supports up to 4 controllers.

Aglae Pheryl likes this.
  8. Aglae Pheryl
    OP

Aglae Pheryl GBAtemp Fan

Feb 25, 2014
    France
    That's right, I believe this was part of the Super Smah Bros pack I purchased for my kids... Just found it in the closet where they store their games :)

Dark Ronin likes this.
  9. Dark Ronin

Oct 5, 2015
    Russia
    So you got it all covered up it seems)
    Happy kids)