Misc GBAtemp News

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Jun 6, 2006.

Jun 6, 2006

Misc GBAtemp News by Costello at 11:03 AM (2,017 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Costello
    OP

Administrator Costello Headmaster

[​IMG]

TETRIS DS TOURNAMENT NEWS
    As many of you had noticed, there was a 'slight' problem in the list of matches. Actually, a large part of the list got shifted when some of the members decided to leave the tournament. I have now fixed this, by replacing the missing players by a fake member, "-player gave up-". Everything should be all right now.

I have also grouped all the tetris DS tourney participants in a unique member group. This group will have access to the match forums, while the other groups won't be bothered by the daily flood. They will also be the only group to receive bulk e-mails about the tournament.

Also, we have decided to extend the delay for this first round, knowing how difficult it is to find a time between all 4 players, as many of them don't even show up. You now have until June 18th, Midnight GMT to play your match. We will send more e-mail reminders as the date comes closer.

Also, to help motivate you, I'll remind you the list of prizes for this tournament:
    1 brand new Enamel Navy DS Lite
    1 Famicom Disk "The Legend of Zelda" signed by Shigeru Miyamoto
    1 Supercard SD + Passme

[​IMG]

MISCELLANEOUS NEWS

You know what's coming in Europe on June 23rd? Yep, I'm talking about the DS Lite.
    Well, GBAtemp will have a warm welcome for this release. We're cooking something up - you should like it.
    We know you like surprises [​IMG]

2. DarkLink

Member DarkLink Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks Costello! [​IMG]

3. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Who doesn't like surprises? [​IMG]

4. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    Ask the man with the weak heart [​IMG]

And thank you for addressing this Costello, one of our match group people has been freakin out for a while [​IMG]

5. kelvinate

Member kelvinate GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I somehow think its a metroid tournament

6. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    lol, yay for costello! [​IMG]

7. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Surprises? I love surprises! Because when they come, I can act all surprised like "Whaaa?" or "Fuck yeah!". Unless of course the surprise is a male virtual stripper. Then I'm runnin for the fucking hills.

Just for you guys, I'm going to let you know the surprise! TPi and Dirite (If your already thinking this will lead to a lawsuit, your right.) have signed a movie deal with Fox to use their characters as two cops travelling through time somehow and killing historical figures, politicians, teachers, children, animals, prosti... you know what, just about anything in their way. Sounds like a Fox flick to me through and through. Oh and the name of the movie is Halo. It's due out in 2008.

Edited: Spelling mistakes in my sentences of pure crap.

8. El Diablo

Banned El Diablo Banned

United Kingdom
    You shouldn't have told us there was a surprise. Now we will be in suspennse until the release [​IMG]

9. Costello
    OP

Administrator Costello Headmaster

good news: the surprise could be released on official US DS Lite launch date... we don't know yet