mIRC doesn't really contain a virus, right?

Danny Tanner

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the second time, after I installed mIRC, when I run it, Verizon Internet Security Suite detects it as a virus and quarantines it. It's a legitimate program right? I'd assume so, seeing as there's a guide on the GBAtemp wiki about setting it up. Any suggestions?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In that case your AV program is probably being a little over-zealous considering it to be a trojan (on the basis that it tries to connect to the internet). There's probably a way to add mIRC to a safe/trusted program list.

Danny Tanner

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, there is, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't installing anything dangerous. I really have no IRC experience so I was just being a little cautious. Thanks for the help guys, always appreciated.
smile.gif

frozzted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bixbite said:
For the second time, after I installed mIRC, when I run it, Verizon Internet Security Suite detects it as a virus and quarantines it. It's a legitimate program right? I'd assume so, seeing as there's a guide on the GBAtemp wiki about setting it up. Any suggestions?

go to www.virustotal.com and upload the mirc.exe there. it will scan it with various companies virus definitions, or if the file has been scanned before, it will give you an instant report.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1