Mios patcher help.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Archiron, Mar 2, 2011.

Mar 2, 2011

Mios patcher help. by Archiron at 9:17 AM (4,388 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Archiron
    OP

Newcomer Archiron Newbie

United States
    Hello. My name is Archiron and I'm having a slight issue with MIOS patcher. Ahead of time, I am sincerely sorry if I'm asking this on the wrong website/wrong forum whatever you wanna put this down as but this is truly getting on my nerves [​IMG]

I have a softmodded 4.3U wii with Homebrew channel already installed along with Bootmii and recently found a video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C2RlcLV9xw ) for an AR 1.14 app on the homebrew channel. I installed IOS236 along with 249 after following a guide ( http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 and http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 ) and ran the alternative mios patcher from the video (the normal one gives me "not a valid wii program" issue). I start the MIOS patcher get a black screen which requires me to disconnect my Wii's power and restart to get out of. Am I doing something wrong? If I am, what? Ive been googling and searching for the last 2+ days and its driving me insane >.

2. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I always had trouble with MIOS patcher. use modmii too get a wad of the patch to install manually.

3. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    The best you can download is Wiigators CMIOS 0.2
    build it with modmii

4. Hells Guardian

United States
    actually Wiipowers works quite well IMO

5. Archiron
    OP

Newcomer Archiron Newbie

United States
    Thank's for the responses, I've looked into Wiigator's cMIOS program thingy and downloaded RVL-mios-v10.wad via NUSD. I just hope to god this works >.<

No such luck >.< I attempt to install it with IOS249 which I got onto my system via the guides in my first post and my wii freezes completely.

6. Hells Guardian

United States
    what are you trying to install it with?

7. Archiron
    OP

Newcomer Archiron Newbie

United States
    I went what Porobu said and downloaded Wiigators CMIOS app. I already have RVL-mios-v10.wad. I try to install it with IOS249 and my Wii freezes from there. I am probably doing something wrong x.x

8. Hells Guardian

United States
    Check your PM's in a moment. I'll link you to the MIOS in wad form just install it with wad manager or something like it.

9. Archiron
    OP

Newcomer Archiron Newbie

United States
    Thank you! Ill look into installing it with wad manager. Thanks so much dude. [​IMG]

10. Hells Guardian

United States
    Not a problem I always have trouble with Wiigator's MIOS patcher so I prefer to use the wad. Let me know if you have any other troubles with it.

11. Archiron
    OP

Newcomer Archiron Newbie

United States
    >.< This thing is still driving me insane. I hate to bother again but when I run wad manager I select IOS249 and my entire wii freezes on the screen when it asks enable or disable the NAND emulator device.

12. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Is it really this difficult to understand that you can only use IOS249 if you installed it? If none of your guides lead to that conclusion, get another source for guides.

Use this:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4ayvwgqey66qc9v

Try all IOS you have until the installation works. IOS249, 236, 222, 202 and 36 are good ones to start with. Worst cases are;
    - Freezes like it does now
    - Doesn't work and show an error, just try the next IOS in that case

13. Archiron
    OP

Newcomer Archiron Newbie

United States
    Ive resolved my issue. I installed it with IOS250 and it worked like a charm. Thank you all for your help!! Much love.

Archiron

14. Hells Guardian

United States
    BTW sounds to me like cIOS 249 is corrupt!

15. Archiron
    OP

Newcomer Archiron Newbie

United States
    Hai thar. Thanks for the help everyone. Its about 2:18 AM here and I got it working this morning. In hopes that others who have a issue with cIOS or Mios patching, I made a Youtube video detailing it the best I could. Ill leave a link here to help others who spend days on the AR app and just cant get it to work so they don't get frustrated like me and want to throw their wii into oncoming cars.. I hope you don't mind :) . Thank you all again. Your help has been very much appreciated