Minus World found in original TLoZ on NES

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Pretty neat! It's amazing how people can still find some hidden things decades after a game's release.

On a side note, you may want to add more details on your post and properly format it.

Thanks for sharing nonetheless! :)

Reactions: Noctosphere

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty neat! It's amazing how people can still find some hidden things decades after a game's release.

On a side note, you may want to add more details on your post and properly format it.

Thanks for sharing nonetheless! :)
if @Chary or any other reporter think it needs to be front paged
I think they can format it themselve
It's not really my thing to make long text ;)

Reactions: Ericthegreat

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no different that Metroid's Secret World, except he clearly spells out he had to rom hack the game to allow him to enter the area. I imagine most games with any substantial map have the equivalent. You'd just need to invoke noclip and bypass any checks in the game. Having said, I imagine a good many games might crash on invalid object look-ups.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like he says, there's a 16x8 map that represents the normal map. Each room is presumably a point to a block of data representing all the tiles/room/enemies in that room (it looks like the behavior/placement and sprite used are separate). So, like he said the coordinate system used is actually (0,-8) to (15,7). So, the actual area read for the "map" is actual before the real map and is "garbage" (code or data that's not meant to be map data) interpreted as map data.

Something similar happens in Metroid, where if you can get your coordinate above/below the screen through a door you can cause a trigger to switch horizontal/vertical room orientation and start reading (possibly) garbage data as map data. In the case of Metroid, you might actual end up in a real part of the map but you'll likely be in a horizontal section being treated as vertical or vice versa which prevents you from progressing. Every door transition flips the orientation, and those triggers only exist in some rooms.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe someone can enlight me
if this isn't fake, then how does the minus world exist?
I mean, did nintendo created it?
or maybe was it generated based on original map?
how does it exist?
he used a rom hack nintendo did not create it or hide it in the game. when you use a RH you can pretty much do whatever you want in the game it's not a secret and not unlocking anything. he CHEATED

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended