1. 4,492

Front-page
    minsforum.PNG
    Based in Hong Kong, Minisforum is a company that specializes in mini-PCs. The company has recently announced that they will soon launch a crowdfunding campaign for the next model in their increasing lineup of mini-PCs, the all-metal body X35G:

They tout it as their first product to support Optane memory, while being cost-effective and upgradeable with its expandable interface. No price has been made available but the crowdfunding campaign will feature early bird prices. You can sign up on their website to learn when the X35G campaign launches and use the early bird discount if you're interested. The website also features a PDF file with in-depth performance testing and details but you can also find the specs in the spoiler below:

Processor: 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i3 1005G1 Processors 2 Core/4 Threads Base Frequency 1.2GHz,Max Turbo Frequency 3.4GHz 4 MB Intel® Smart Cache TDP 15W
    GPU: Intel® UHD Graphics (300MHz- 900MHz)
    Memory: DDR4-3200MHz 16GB (Onboard)
    Storage: 1×M.2 2280 NVME SSD (pcie3.0 4X) Intel® Optane™ Memory Supported
    Storage Expansion: 1×2.5 inch SATA3.0 HDD or SSD Support , 1×M.2 2280 SATA SSD Support
    Wireless Connectivity: M.2 2230 WIFI support (Intel® WIFI6 AX200,BT 5.1 pre-install)
    Video Output: HDMI 2.0(4K/60Hz),Display Port(4K/60Hz) ,USB-C(Thunderbolt 3 5K / 120Hz)
    Audio Output: HDMI 2.0 , Display Port, 3.5mm audio jack ,
    Peripherals Interface: RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet×2 ,USB 3.1 Gen2 ×2 ,USB 2.0×2 ,USB-C×1,TF card Slot×1,DC Jack×1
    Power DC: 19V/1.9A(adapter included)or via USB-C Port
    System: Windows 10 Pro
    Feature: RTC wake up/Wake on Lan/Power on auto power on (BIOS setting) / Network boot

While it's not going to replace a dedicated gaming setup, the X35G's compact form factor might be appealing to the more minimalist among us. Unfortunately, while the official performance test PDF file contains a "Game FPS Testing" section, it's not very informative save for screenshots of some games and some even seem to be screenshots of videos playing on a media player. So you might better wait to see more video performance of this device if you wish to adopt it for light gaming or emulation, which could be the appeal for such a device.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox
    :arrow: Minisforum Official Website

2. Discussion (21 replies)

3. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Can it run Crysis: Remastered Edition?

leon315 likes this.
  4. YuseiFD

YuseiFD GBAtemp Regular

Could be good for emulation

5. MohammedQ8
    This message by MohammedQ8 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Sep 18, 2020, Reason: one word post.
    Sep 17, 2020
  6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Mac Mini imitator, I'll keep my Thinkcentre M73 thanks

7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Too bad those specs are meh, would've been much better to go for an embedded Ryzen SoC instead. Get more cores/threads and better graphics performance out of it vs Intel's meh low power garbage.

8. Prans

OP Prans Geek, gamer, human
    Senior Editor

yeah I also thought they'd go for Ryzen given that their previous model used one

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  9. console

console I'm fans of Elvira Mistress of the Dark. :-) <3

United States
    Very nice. That's light computer is to use for internet, bank online, light gaming, emails, social websites, shopping online, etc.

I had two HP Desktop PC ProDesk 600 G1 Intel Core i3 4th Gen 4160T (3.10 GHz) 4 GB DDR3 500 GB Western Digital Black HDD 7200 rpm, Intel HD Graphics 4400. Windows 7 preinstalled and come with Windows 7 Professional disc and Windows 10 Professional disc and drivers on discs. That's where I bought from Newegg in year 2016.

I already upgrade RAM to 12 GB from 4 GB for heavy internet due to Google Chrome have many tabs and running smooth without problems.

If what our gaming desktop going to die and we must have mini computer for backup system. If my gaming desktop die then I will force to use my mini desktop computer to order computer parts to repair my gaming desktop like dead power supply, hard drive/SSD, GPU (AMD or Nvidia) and motherboard to replace on my own without need to contact tech support.

My computer is out of warranty. I don't need tech support. Reason why tech support want to charge our money for replace or repair. I don't trust terrible tech support. I know what to fix my computer problems on myself. ;)

I'm happy to have my high quality of Weller solder system (made in Mexico) then I can replace most capacitors on any computer motherboard, video card, etc in the future on my own.

For right now. I would to have to fix my computer is replace or repair on my own to save my money in near future. I'm clever person that know a lot of tech that I study and learn many things on internet is YouTube and tutorials. ;) B-)

Last edited by console, Sep 17, 2020
    Shalashaska98 likes this.
  10. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    GPU is the most important part for gaming. I have intel uhd and it can only run AAA games at lowest resolution and lowest settings, with fps less than 20 fps.

11. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Intel is known for shitty iGP performance and they tried with Larrabee and they failed.

depaul likes this.
  12. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    could be a good hackintosh mini probably less then a mac mini of compairable specs i hope it could at least run mojave but the UHD on board might make it trickier to convert since most intel mac minis (somehow) stuffs a mobile radeon in the case

13. ScarletDreamz
    This message by ScarletDreamz has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Sep 18, 2020, Reason: Not an imageboard.
    Sep 18, 2020
  14. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Meh, guess it can make a decent pfSense box. :/

15. YBI

YBI Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I don't know if anything will replace my shield for emulation

Bladexdsl likes this.
  16. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

United States
    Hm.. I do love tiny form factor PCs, especially one so similar to the Mac Mini, but I can't stand Intel, especially when the processor in this is only a dual-core.

The year is 2020. Dual core processors should not be the standard in anything but facebook machines. I guess it could be a good HTPC or emulation machine, but eh. I've got better things for that.. like an original Xbox.

17. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wholeheartedly agree. At this point in time, the system really should be using AMDs latest tech.

Cheaper and much better all round.

Silent_Gunner and StrayGuitarist like this.
  18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    you see this on ebay all the time from HK they are absolute TRASH
    i'd love to see this shitty cheap thing from Hong Kong do 4k/60 ON THAT!

[​IMG]

Last edited by Bladexdsl, Sep 18, 2020
  19. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

Antarctica
    I'd have that thing in hooked up to the bedroom telly if I had the money for it.
    Way better then a bulky cannibalised laptop : D

20. HugoAndore

HugoAndore Member
    Newcomer

United States
    RedBlueGreen likes this.
  21. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Maniac

What are the best small form factor PCs that are quiet and powerful for living room emulator use?

I was looking at an Alienware Alpha R2 as its got a great form factor and decent power but almost everyone says the build quality isn't all that and they overheat like crazy due to poor cooling.

Looking to emulate PS2, Wii, Dreamcast etc.. perfectly.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Heard this a few times. What are you emulating and how is the quality?

22. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Oh boy, a mini PC with a low power Intel CPU. I'd rather spend $50 on an old Optiplex with the 3.2 GHz i3 (granted it's old, but you can always throw in a small GPU), it's still going to be very suitable for general office work.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

An old Dell Optiplex paired with a decent low profile GPU would be able to emulate those. Heard good things about some of the older Sapphire Radeon cards for emulation builds.

replicashooter likes this.
  23. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    HugoAndore likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Minisforum, announces, upcoming